8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
May 13, 2018, 11:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Those saying we should offer Jolley a long-term deal are assuming that Jolley would sign it. Not necessarily true.

You could argue for example, the Cowleys have committed to Lincoln because Lincoln have commitment to taking the club forward on and off the pitch. They’ve been allowed to modernise the sports science/analysis side of things, sounds as if they have a new training complex on the way and have been allowed to invest in the squad and a strong backroom team.

Painful to say but clearly there’s a vision to take the GIMPs to the next level. Whilst certain members of the GTFC board will want you to believe PH left because of the fans, actually it’s because Shrewsbury offered a similar project, new training complex, backroom staff, sport science etc etc. Meanwhile at GTFC...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
arryarryarry
May 14, 2018, 4:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
My understanding is that he is not happy with what he has seen going on in the background and it will take several seasons to change the culture of the club.

From one point of view that could mean he wants to stay for the long haul or............................
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 14, 2018, 7:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Believe the Cowley brothers have a £1M buy out clause in their contracts but not sure if that is each of BOGOF.

Crowley’s also given honorary degrees, freedom of the City etc. Etc. Giving them a real connection with the Community and with cup money, South African investment there is the belief here that they are capable of achieving Championship football.

Makes it difficult to have a quiet pint without listening to their glee so an Exeter win and MJ moving us forward will help the beer taste a little better and mean I can visit mr grandson without the son in law spending my whole time there telling me how great Lincoln are 😖😖
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
lukeo
May 14, 2018, 7:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,356
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from arryarryarry
My understanding is that he is not happy with what he has seen going on in the background and it will take several seasons to change the culture of the club.

From one point of view that could mean he wants to stay for the long haul or............................

This.
He is looking at making whole sale changes behind the scenes, a few within the club are unsettled by it as they're not used to it so we may see some people leave in the near future. Time will tell...
For me I say let's do it, let's risk it. Give him the chance to enhance the back ground facilities and ways of doing things.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
Pouton4ever
May 14, 2018, 8:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Believe the Cowley brothers have a £1M buy out clause in their contracts but not sure if that is each of BOGOF.

Crowley’s also given honorary degrees, freedom of the City etc. Etc. Giving them a real connection with the Community and with cup money, South African investment there is the belief here that they are capable of achieving Championship football.

Makes it difficult to have a quiet pint without listening to their glee so an Exeter win and MJ moving us forward will help the beer taste a little better and mean I can visit mr grandson without the son in law spending my whole time there telling me how great Lincoln are 😖😖

A £1 million buyout clause for two 3/4 div managers?!?!? A pint of whatever you ve been drinking please chief!

Put that into perspective, according to The the LMA the average managers wage in league two a couple of years go was £50k a year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
ROKERITE
May 14, 2018, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Thought they would go for mick mccarthy tbh

So did I. If ever there was a right man for the right job it's Mick McCarthy and Barnsley. He has always emphasised that Barnsley are his club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ROKERITE
May 14, 2018, 9:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Jolley seems a sensible chap. Grimsby Town is just the job for him at this stage of his career. Any manager is under pressure but there'll be less at Grimsby, with the goodwill already from the last few weeks, than at Barnsley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
ginnywings
May 14, 2018, 9:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Many have tried, but the Politburo still sits in all it's splendour.

It would probably take something along the lines of the overthrow of the Ceausescu's to oust them.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
TAGG
May 14, 2018, 9:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
The bloke has been here 3 months and performed a miracle to keep us up.
But FFS let's see what happens when he gets some of his own blokes in and how we're doing around Xmas time then it will be time for this discussion.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
headingly_mariner
May 14, 2018, 9:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have also heard this. Don’t you think it’s strange how every manager we’ve had recently is going to overhaul the archaic systems at the club, but what really changes.

Remember that Hurst left to work with “honest” people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.