7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 10, 2018, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from topuphere666
Fair play to them. They’ve played well, absolutely cracking goal from Nolan.
Hope they go all the way!

Especially if they get the Scunts in the final at Wembley.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
FishOutOfWater
May 10, 2018, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
1-0 away win engineered by PH

Who would have seen that coming?

Puts them in the driving seat but still a long way to go
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 61
Ipswin
May 10, 2018, 9:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Of all the players Town have allowed to slip through their fingers in recent years Nolan has to be up there as one of the biggest losses.

Involved in all three goals at Wembley, took the free kick for the second goal at Braintree to name just two instances.

Surely we could have offered him more than Chesterfield

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
GrimRob
May 10, 2018, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Brilliant goal by Nolan, Toto was excellent. All set for the second leg! Shrews v Scunts final?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 61
Rick12
May 10, 2018, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Hurst loved Nolan.Remember before he signed for us Hurst was quoted as something something akin to a scratch you cant get rid of eg a very good player

Its a view I endorse. Technically very good for a lower league player when I saw him.Pleased for him that he scored a great goal tonight.Likewise played a good game in the final that got us promoted back to the league.Have a soft spot for him in view of that amongst others.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Rick12
May 10, 2018, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
1-0 away win engineered by PH

Who would have seen that coming?

Puts them in the driving seat but still a long way to go
Would like to see Shrews promoted.Admire what Hurst has done there.Not to mention a lot of their ex players use to play for us as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
KingstonMariner
May 10, 2018, 9:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
It'll be interesting to see how Hurst gets on in another play-off venture. Don't think we were ever convincing in the first legs - lost 1-0 home to Newport, drew 1-1 home to Gateshead, won 2-1 away at Eastleigh and lost 1-0 home to Braintree.

It'll be a tight affair as his teams are always set up to not lose rather than to win.

Pretty convincing at Eastleigh I thought, considering the money they spent on their squad. And two memorable goals.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 10, 2018, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Ipswin
Of all the players Town have allowed to slip through their fingers in recent years Nolan has to be up there as one of the biggest losses.

Involved in all three goals at Wembley, took the free kick for the second goal at Braintree to name just two instances.

Surely we could have offered him more than Chesterfield

Very good footballer, shite sense of fashion. Had flip flops and socks on when they were on the same flight as us last summer.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
Abdul19
May 10, 2018, 10:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Nolan was offered a 3 year deal by a league one club. Doubt there was ever any chance of us keeping him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Poojah
May 10, 2018, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Hurst is up against three very inexperienced managers in the play-offs; Paul Warne at Rotherham has about a season's worth of games under his belt whilst Bowyer and Daws are both just a few games into their respective managerial careers.

I don't think anyone in the game has more play-off experience than him in the last five or six years and I think he's learned a lot from his experience to date. The Braintree home leg aside (which was dire), Town were pretty impressive in their last two play-off campaigns and immensely unlucky not to go up first time round. It would be difficult to back against Shresbury after getting over this first, tricky hurdle.

Since Hurst left I've felt conflicted about Shrewsbury. On the one hand, pleased for the bloke who ultimately took Town back into the league and restored some pride in the club (not to mention a number of players who played significant roles, too), but on the other bitter about the absolute shit show we'd become in his absence. For the first time, I genuinely wish him nothing the best - and that, I feel, is just another symptom of Michael Jolley's steadying and stabalising effect in his short time at the club.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlton v Shrewsbury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.