Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete
The thing about mad dog is he is mad,

Would I want him to be our manager ,  no way,

BUT

At conference level he is better than most so I expect them to do well.

Unless like a few have pointed out he will be gone before xmas,

If he stays Chesterfield will be in the play offs but I would not be surprised if he had gone back to London by August  

If it was a choice between him and Slade it would have to be MA.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
RonMariner
May 17, 2018, 8:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
So they used 44 players last season. Wow. Just shows what chaos they were in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
moosey_club
May 17, 2018, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Certainly gives the impression he couldnt care if he was there or not but he was fairly honest albeit blunt with his answers, Jolley had a similar head to head with Matt Dean not so long back regards slightly reworking the same question over and over....
agree with MJ & MA that if a journalist wont accept he isnt going to get any "inside" info, then than rather repeat the same answer just tell them straight to stop asking the same question and stop pushing the point.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
jamesgtfc
May 17, 2018, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from moosey_club
Certainly gives the impression he couldnt care if he was there or not but he was fairly honest albeit blunt with his answers, Jolley had a similar head to head with Matt Dean not so long back regards slightly reworking the same question over and over....
agree with MJ & MA that if a journalist wont accept he isnt going to get any "inside" info, then than rather repeat the same answer just tell tem straight to stop asking the same question and stop pushing the point.  

Jolley didn't insult Matt Dean though, he just explained the question was paraphrased and he won't be answering it. Respect is a two way thing and I believe you get more information when you build that trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
May 20, 2018, 7:47am
Guest User
Quoted from Grumps
I don't think I have seen a worse interview with a new incoming manager. I thought he was totally ignorant and if I was a Chesterfield supporter I would be very concerned.

Agreed, he looked devoid of energy and manners although the questions were a bit daft you would have thought he could have explained his philosophy in a more positive way. When Slade was sacked, Allen was my pick as manager. I am glad we got MJ onboard instead, his positivity and willingness to engage is in complete contrast to Allen on the video.

I too would be concerned if I was a Chesterfield fan, maybe he needs a cup of tea and a couple of weeks in the Canaries to recharge his batteries as he has done well at other clubs, albeit on a relatively short term basis. Worth noting I did hear him on Talksport a few weeks ago saying he wouldn't be managing a nothern club anymore as he was tired of moving house only to be sacked a few months later.

Maybe he is just plain tired, not good for the Spireites.
Reply: 44 - 45
somersetmariner
May 20, 2018, 12:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
To be fair, that interviewer was excrement. I like the no nonsense approach. Chesterfield are obviously in a bit of a mess, from top to bottom. The club needs a manager like MA who will stamp his authority. Two relegations, 44 players last season, a chairman who talks about pigeons in interviews and a reporter who asks if he has assessed the youth team after being in the job 15minutes.....he must be thinking ‘intercourse me’

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Martin Allen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.