Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Released so far...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

Released so far...

This thread currently has 26,794 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 9, 2018, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
I think in an ideal world i would have reversed the decisions on Mills and Woolford but otherwise ok....we are stuck with some that i wouldnt particularly want to keep but hey ho....if you look at the position now there is potentially 15 players there already...that would include Wright A Rose and Clifton ...so 12 senior players...the 8 maybe 9 players coming in will need to be of some decent quality to pep it up.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 126
Heisenberg
May 9, 2018, 5:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,033
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from moosey_club
I think in an ideal world i would have reversed the decisions on Mills and Woolford but otherwise ok....we are stuck with some that i wouldnt particularly want to keep but hey ho....if you look at the position now there is potentially 15 players there already...that would include Wright A Rose and Clifton ...so 12 senior players...the 8 maybe 9 players coming in will need to be of some decent quality to pep it up.

I’d consider Clifton to be a fully fledged senior player now, personally, I think he’s earned the right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 126
Pouton4ever
May 9, 2018, 5:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Who is going to sign first then?

Macca? summers?

I presume we won't be waiting long?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 126
rancido
May 9, 2018, 5:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from devs
Overall, not much to grumble about
He must rate Akheem Rose!

Mills gone backwards IMO - but he may have got something elsewhere

Only 8-10 players needed now I would think (providing we start with 14... if my maths are correct

Goalie, 2 central defenders, right back, 2/3 midfielders, 2/3 strikers... about right??

Woolford looked great v Notts County - can't comment on away games cos didn't go, but clearly MJ found a role for him

If MJ gets squad together with a bit of cash to spare the club might pay off Dixon, Kelly??

Exciting summer ahead

To pay their contracts off I don't think you would see much change from £150,000 . That would come off the playing budget, which is money that could be better spent on one quality player. Dixon would make a passable back-up to Fox and who knows, maybe Jolley can work on Kelly and find a position that suits him, much like he has with Woolford.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 126
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 9, 2018, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Pretty pleased with that and think Mills is one of those players who divide opinion but his major weakness is going forward where his distribution and crosses leave a lot to be desired. However, IMO is very good defensively but do like the look and potential of Hall-Johnson.

In respect of the midfield that 4 has done reasonably well in those last few games but feel at least two of them will be on the bench but that’s fine as all can do a reasonable job.

Bit surprised at Killip release given he performed ok when required and very young for a keeper but maybe MJ has a better option on the way.

Big change will be our strike force and hopefully next season we will have one, think league 2 requires pace, muscle, height all the things Matt has but his sum of the parts does not add up to a striker. Add in a Doidge/ Dennis type finisher and we are on our way😄😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 126
Madeleymariner
May 9, 2018, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
As well as Woolford has played recently he is still a liability when out of possesion and regularly lets other midfielders get behind him after they lay the ball off and go for the return, Happens regularly at throw ins in our half. Surprised Mills is going but if he has already said he has something lined up why bother offering anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 126
jamesgtfc
May 9, 2018, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,949
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from rancido

To pay their contracts off I don't think you would see much change from £150,000 . That would come off the playing budget, which is money that could be better spent on one quality player. Dixon would make a passable back-up to Fox and who knows, maybe Jolley can work on Kelly and find a position that suits him, much like he has with Woolford.

Surely that money is already in the playing budget as they have one year left and so we are budgeting them to be here taking a wage anyway. If we could agree a mutual termination at 50% the initial outlay would be £75k but we would save £75k too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 126
Ipswin
May 9, 2018, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Slightly suprosed Mills wasn't offered a deal thoughtn he's been one of our better players these last 2 seasons and I thought Killip might of been offered a contract as Macca's understudy

I said that - and got red crosses for it! Can't see a better keeper than Killip coming in if he knows he's not going to play, seems silly to let him go and recruit another bench warmer.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 126
forza ivano
May 9, 2018, 6:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,149
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from rancido

Of course the other alternative is that we manage to farm them out on a season's loan, much like Blackpool did with matt.still contracted but not wanted.

're wilkinson. Cloudy are you intimating that wilko is too expensive to pay off? He doesn't seem like hed fit with jolley.he just oozes negativity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 126
hheh2
May 9, 2018, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Sad about Zak Mills, he was poor under Slade this season but so was the entire squad. Thought he deffo had a future here!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Released so far...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.