Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Released so far...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 254 Guests

Released so far...

This thread currently has 26,791 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Grumps
May 9, 2018, 3:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
I think MJ has struck a good balance to give him scope to bring in some real quality. Can't wait to see who he has got lined up to come in. This will be a very interesting summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 126
jimgtfc
May 9, 2018, 3:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 44
I don’t know why they call it a ‘retained list’ surely they only become retained if they agree to the new deals. Shouldn’t it be called the released list?

Agree with MJ’s decisions though.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 126
forza ivano

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Alfie
Surprised people questioning Woolford. He's been absolutely fantastic under Jolley.

Seems a sensible list to me. Focus budget in the priority areas - new CB, new wingers and STRIKERS!!!

Everyone also assuming that those offered contracts will stay and be first choice. Wouldn't be surprised if Woolford, Collins and Summerfield have been offered reduced terms.

do you really think he's been fantastic? thought he had an awful first half at fgr and wasn't much better at cov. don't want to be cruel but in the games he's played under jolley i've only thought of him as a slight improvement upon berrett (berrett a 4/10 man, woolford a 5.5/10 man , if that makes sense!)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 126
Mikey_345
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Didn’t realise quite how many players we had until seeing this list. Really really poor recruitment last year and January.

The offered new deal/ already to be here already looks much younger!

Hopefully all that have had deals offered accept, certainly not a given.

Would like to see Vernam return next term. Looked a real handful in the games I saw him.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 126
MeanwoodMariner
May 9, 2018, 3:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I'm sure we'd let Dixon go if someone else wanted him but no need to make any moves to get rid. Fox will be first choice and Dixon is an adequate back up if needed.

Kelly is a bit different as he's so far down the midfield pecking order I can't see him ever playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 126
Stew0_0
May 9, 2018, 3:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Assume Clements will go too and Kelly and Dixon will have contract ended by mutual consent or paid up.

Like others only ones disappointed about is Zac Mills going and Woolford offered new deal. Also sad to see Davies go but hes getting too old now.

Like the fact that Jolley is sticking with the youngsters Clifton, Wright, Akeem Rose and Dembele and we should have scope to bring in around 10 players maybe more if some dont agree contract renewal.

Gonna be a busy and exciting summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 126
diehardmariner
May 9, 2018, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Surprised by Mills as, expecting a smaller squad, he offers excellent versatility across the back.  He wasn't too shabby in midfield either.  As others have said though, I suspect he's sorted elsewhere so little point in offering him a deal.

Woolford's an interesting one.  Very good under Jolley in that central role but as forza points out that potentially leaves us with a midfield of Rose, Summerfield, Clifton and Woolford.  Also Woolford was a lot better in a 3-man midfield as it helped hide his lack of pace (he's not alone in that one either), I wonder if that's part of the plan for next season to go with lots energy and pace in the front three.  I suppose Fox and Hall-Johnson are energetic from full-back too it would make sense.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 126
headingly_mariner
May 9, 2018, 3:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Have to agree with a lot of that list. Would’ve liked to see Mills retained though.

Few jibes about Dixon and Kelly. I think all the squad should start with a clean slate next season. It may be that these players will feature and find form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 126
forza ivano
May 9, 2018, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I'm sure we'd let Dixon go if someone else wanted him but no need to make any moves to get rid. Fox will be first choice and Dixon is an adequate back up if needed.

rumoured to be on £2.5k per week so definitely need to get rid if at all possible! still hopeful that we can be shot of him  if its true that his family have moved back to Scotland. Perhaps we could persuade motherwell..........
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 126
MuddyWaters
May 9, 2018, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano

rumoured to be on £2.5k per week so definitely need to get rid if at all possible! still hopeful that we can be shot of him  if its true that his family have moved back to Scotland. Perhaps we could persuade motherwell..........

That he's a goalie  
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Released so far...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.