Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield Awards.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Luke Summerfield Awards.

This thread currently has 7,345 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
May 9, 2018, 1:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I have to say I'm really happy that Summerfield picked up a couple of awards he deserved the credit for a great performance through out the season if it wasn't for Mckeown possible leaving he might have won the main prize.

I was very pleased to see him go from fans villain who at the start of the season i wanted him to leave on mutual termination, must have to tip my hat to Summerfield on a very solid hard working 2nd season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Kris2
May 9, 2018, 2:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Definitely the most improved player compared to his first season with us. He's been one of our most consistent this season when he was one of the least last season.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 5:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Not technically good enough I’m afraid much improved but if he’s your main man in midfield next year expect more of the same. The lower end of the table is were he’s familiar with not by chance, we simply need better. Having said that unlike some he worked his socks off most games and looked really committed to the cause that I can’t fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
lukeo
May 9, 2018, 6:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,363
Gold Stars: 143
If you have a decent intelligent player alongside him I can't see why he can't be part of a team at the top end of league 2. He grafts for 90 minutes and isn't that bad at distributing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Caesar
May 9, 2018, 7:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Agree, I also felt he was one of the few players to try and pass the ball and have an impact on the game, it often didn't work but at least he tried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
MuddyWaters
May 9, 2018, 7:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Not technically good enough I’m afraid much improved but if he’s your main man in midfield next year expect more of the same. The lower end of the table is were he’s familiar with not by chance, we simply need better. Having said that unlike some he worked his socks off most games and looked really committed to the cause that I can’t fault.

Strange comment. He was outstanding against Notts County who were 4th in the table when they played us and has been consistently our stand-out outfield player all season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 7:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Strange comment. He was outstanding against Notts County who were 4th in the table when they played us and has been consistently our stand-out outfield player all season.

Hes  improved definitely but good enough to be in a promotion winning midfield I have my doubts and as for notts county is that the same notts county who chesterfield tore apart in a local derby only a couple of weeks earlier a very up and down team .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
TAGG
May 9, 2018, 7:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
I wouldn't mind him staying.
Could get even better working with MJ

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
1mickylyons
May 9, 2018, 7:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56

Hes  improved definitely but good enough to be in a promotion winning midfield I have my doubts and as for notts county is that the same notts county who chesterfield tore apart in a local derby only a couple of weeks earlier a very up and down team .

You will have 20 odd players in a squad and Summerfield based on last Season is easily worthy of a place.As others have said a couple of quality player`s in that area and him holding sorted.Now getting the quality is a different matter we have struggled in CM most Seasons other than Disley/Nolan to get a quality pairing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Bigdog
May 9, 2018, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've seen the comment "if he had someone alongside him" on a lot of threads. How about we sign players that don't need babysitting by another player to make up for their deficiencies? The knock on effect is we don't get the best of the other player either. We need every player to do their own jobs to get the best results we can..

Summers and Collins deserve another year in the squad, but their ultimate effectiveness as first choice starters? Not for me. If we are going to progress we'll need better and different in those positions. We conceded plenty and we didn't create much over a season and the reasons for that can't be laid totally at Slade's door and be forgotten about..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 7:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
I've seen the comment "if he had someone alongside him" on a lot of threads. How about we sign players that don't need babysitting by another player to make up for their deficiencies? The knock on effect is we don't get the best of the other player either. We need every player to do their own jobs to get the best results we can..

Summers and Collins deserve another year in the squad, but their ultimate effectiveness as first choice starters? Not for me. If we are going to progress we'll need better and different in those positions. We conceded plenty and we didn't create much over a season and the reasons for that can't be laid totally at Slade's door and be forgotten about..

My exact thoughts on it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Rodley Mariner
May 9, 2018, 7:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
We're a League 2 club. If you can find a box-to-box, athletic, ball-winning, creative, goalscoring central midfielder who screens the back 4 well then let's bring him in. Otherwise we might have to sign players with strengths that compliment each other - it's not a case of babysitting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Northbank Mariner
May 9, 2018, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
We're a League 2 club. If you can find a box-to-box, athletic, ball-winning, creative, goalscoring central midfielder who screens the back 4 well then let's bring him in. Otherwise we might have to sign players with strengths that compliment each other - it's not a case of babysitting.

Mich Rose??.....just saying..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

We've already got him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Rodley Mariner
May 9, 2018, 8:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Mich Rose??.....just saying..

Really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Rodley Mariner
May 9, 2018, 8:10am
Special Brew Drinker
flipping hell it's a miracle we didn't romp to the title with our range of complete central midfielders!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Bigdog
May 9, 2018, 8:14am
Whiskey Drinker
I've got a feeling that now Rose seems fitter and more confident under Jolley, MJ will be more inclined to try and find a partner for him rather than a partner for Summers. For all of his efforts, Summers gives me the feeling that the whole team lacks something when he's the main man. Sometimes it's not the player himself, it's how he affects the DNA of the team..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
diehardmariner
May 9, 2018, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Bigdog

Surely it's about balance rather than babysitting?

Summerfield wasn't there to create, he wasn't there to unlock a defence.  His role was to break up play and redistribute, something I think he did really well all season.  It's not his fault that throughout the season he was paired with players who offered no alternative to him.

If Jolley manages to find a creative influence to put into the midfield, it will need the balance of someone who is going to cover their forward runs, cover the gaps created and make sure the extra attacking option doesn't result in the back four getting overrun.  We all like seeing full-backs going forward and as the season went on (especially with Hall-Johnson and Fox) we started to see more of it, it was Summerfield who covered them to allow that to happen.

Rose has taken all the plaudits in recent weeks and in the eyes of a lot of people has transformed into Steven Gerrard as this swashbuckling midfielder who drives from box-to-box.  He's still not a patch on Summerfield and whilst I'm thankful for his goals, I would much rather Summerfield had the extra year left on his contract than Rose.

A stick that's used to beat Summerfield a lot is that he's always part of a struggling side.  Flipping that coin around, the much heralded James McKeown has failed to achieve a top half finish in the Football League in his whole career, shall we judge him on that? No, because it's out of his control to a very large extent.  He can't control the players he plays with.

Summerfield is a very good League Two midfielder who, in my opinion, would be a perfect foil for a more creative minded attacking partner.  The fact we never saw him and Jamey Osborne as a pairing is a real shame.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
HertsGTFC
May 9, 2018, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227

Hi Marcus, why are you posting as Dapperz?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
ginnywings
May 9, 2018, 8:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
To get to the top of the league, which is the aim, you need at least one midfielder of the quality of a Luke Berry at Luton, or a Sean McConville at Accy. I suspect that Rose may now be a starter for next season, so is Summers alongside him the right player to create and score goals? His stats this season and last suggest otherwise, although he may fare better in a better side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
oochiad
May 9, 2018, 8:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,688
Gold Stars: 27
Summerfield has been excellent, I’ll be very disappointed if he’s not with us next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Cloudy
May 9, 2018, 8:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

Football has always been about partnerships for me. Central defenders that compliment one another, full backs and wide midfielders and strikers work better in a partnership.
Having sad that Summerfield is certainly worth another deal. His work rate is infectious  and by and large is passing is decent despite the occasional blooper which often gets to overshadow his overall game
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
1mickylyons
May 9, 2018, 9:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
All depends about systems but I would think most Town fans would see LS being the best of our holding midfielders and in LG 2 terms he was on a par with most. I would have been disappointed if I where LS with my goal return for mins played but that`s not really is role in the side is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
A Brace Of Tees
May 9, 2018, 9:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Cloudy

Football has always been about partnerships for me. Central defenders that compliment one another, full backs and wide midfielders and strikers work better in a partnership.
Having sad that Summerfield is certainly worth another deal. His work rate is infectious  and by and large is passing is decent despite the occasional blooper which often gets to overshadow his overall game

Partnerships is an outmoded British concept. If you look at the best teams that have played this game - Brazil 1970, Holland's 'total football' which followed, Spain's dominance a few years ago, the title winning teams of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City - none of them relied heavily on so-called 'partnerships' as it was the concept of the whole team interacting and interchanging with one another.

I get the feeling that Michael Jolley will want a more flexible approach from his team next season rather than rely on any outdated approach such as 'partnerships'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Bigdog
May 9, 2018, 9:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

Partnerships is an outmoded British concept. If you look at the best teams that have played this game - Brazil 1970, Holland's 'total football' which followed, Spain's dominance a few years ago, the title winning teams of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City - none of them relied heavily on so-called 'partnerships' as it was the concept of the whole team interacting and interchanging with one another.

I get the feeling that Michael Jolley will want a more flexible approach from his team next season rather than rely on any outdated approach such as 'partnerships'.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Winning teams have a more cohesive unit with interchangeable players rather than a mish-mash of players with compensating attributes..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
Maringer
May 9, 2018, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
For a team generally lacking in pace and athleticism last season, Summerfield's ability to get around the pitch, making challenges and generally winning the ball was a real bonus and we missed him when he was out injured. His passing was much improved from last season and he made few errors across the course of the year. Less said about his shooting the better, however! I'd certainly give him at least 1 more year and possibly 2. He's only 30 so ought to be more than physically capable of keeping up his workrate for the next couple of years. A goal or two would be nice.

With the resurgence of Rose over the past month (not to mention the discovery of his long throw which makes a big difference), it is going to be tough to drop either of them. I do wonder if they are perhaps better suited to a midfield 3, however? A lot depends on what sort of wide players we have available at the start of next season. Hard-running, hard-working wingers could make a midfield pairing workable though it would be nice to have Clifton playing as well to see how he can develop into a central midfield role. Perhaps Summerfield sitting behind a Rose/Clifton midfield pairing if we try playing 3 in the middle?

Obviously, if better players are signed, any of them would have to make way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Cloudy
May 9, 2018, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker

Fine at the levels you quote but this is 4th tier English football when the skills level are not at those of Brazil, Spain, Man City etc.

Successful teams at this level are well organised, do the basics well and above all play as a team. You are not going to get players with the skill base required to win the World Cup. A sprinkling of flair yes but if you think players at this level are going to play interchangeable sexy football you are living in dreamland. IMO of course
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Townee82
May 9, 2018, 10:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
The player alongside him is not meant to make up deficiencies more to compliment his industriousness .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
sam gy
May 9, 2018, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53

Say what you want about Notts County, but the fact of the matter is that they are a play off side, whether you think they're any good or not. They are where we want to be.

Just goes to show that League 2 isn't full of amazing teams and if you can get a decent run together you can be in and amongst it.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
sam gy
May 9, 2018, 10:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
I think Summers has been the most consistent player this season - and we definitely missed him when injured. He's got energy, passion and can pick a pass. Gotta be worth another deal.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
diehardmariner
May 9, 2018, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532

Of the four English teams you've listed, all have benefited from having a player who did the dirty work or have since suffered in their absence.  The Arsenal Invincible team had Gilberto, Man Utd have had a massive upsurge in results this season since bringing in Matic, Chelsea practically transformed themselves from a mid-table side to title winners by signing Kante (prior to that Makelele was key to their title successes in the early Mourinho years), Man City this season wouldn't be the same without Fernandinho.

At this level, you're simply not going to get two midfielders who can do everything.  If you're lucky enough to get one who can do a bit of everything, you're going to want to concentrate his efforts on further upfield.  The most likely scenario is that you get a guy who can create/score but isn't as hard working or effective at the dirty side of the game, so you compliment him with someone who can do that role.  In our case and in my opinion, Summerfield would be far, far more effective than Rose.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Kris2
May 9, 2018, 12:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Rose has a couple of good games and scores a couple of goals and suddenly everyone loves him. Did everyone forget that he was pretty rubbish for much of the season? It doesn't feel like long ago that the same faces praising him were calling for him to never pull on the black and white stripes again.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
moosey_club
May 9, 2018, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226

With you there Dapperz....while it seems harsh it is realistic....could he be utilised by Jolley in a different squad with additional quality ? Maybe,  as one thing for certain he has a fantastic engine and his in game fitness levels have been outstanding....him Rose and Woolford in the centre has given us a slightly better dynamic in the middle but we would need a better option than Woolford in there if we were to use Summerfield as a disruptor i think.

Credit to him though as from a dead man walking to multi player of the year is some turnaround.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
TownSNAFU5
May 9, 2018, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,861
Gold Stars: 42
Summerfield deserves praise.  

Jolley got the players and the team playing a lot better;  good enough to finish the season on top form and stay up.  A lot of the improvement happened when Summerfield came back in the midfield after injury. He worked his socks off, driving the team on with strong leadership and leading by example.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2018, 10:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Summerfield has been much improved for most of the season compared to last. Not quite a Jones the Stick transformation, but improved.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Zmariner
May 9, 2018, 11:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
We improved at the end of the season when he came back in from injury. Well worth a new contract, brave, hard working. Lacks confidence in front of goal as 2 good headed chances went begging at the end of the season . Huge credit and I remember Lincoln at home where we were poor and he worked his guts out to compete for us. Well done Luke and will be really pleased to see you in next year utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Tommy
May 10, 2018, 12:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Well deserved awards for Summerfield last night IMO.

He got my vote for POTY because, whilst McKeown was excellent in the last 10 games, Summerfield showed consistency throughout the season for me.

Both worthy of taking home trophies so well done to them both.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
arryarryarry
May 10, 2018, 2:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Zmariner
We improved at the end of the season when he came back in from injury. Well worth a new contract, brave, hard working. Lacks confidence in front of goal as 2 good headed chances went begging at the end of the season . Huge credit and I remember Lincoln at home where we were poor and he worked his guts out to compete for us. Well done Luke and will be really pleased to see you in next year utm

I heard at the POY awards that he has been offered a reduced contract.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Garth
May 10, 2018, 3:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Zmariner

This,    ten others with the same attitude and some skill would see us in Europe

Well done Luke, but for understandably sentiment, would have been POY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Mrs Doyle
May 10, 2018, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Summerfield's work rate is phenomenal he has been a bit unlucky with shots saved etc but he still can deliver a cracking corner or free kick if he had a John Nolan type player alongside him who knows certainly Woolford seems to play better in midfield. Summerfield was starting to play well with Dembele looking to feed the ball to him. Unfortunately, Dembele's form/confidence dipped quite a bit but could be something to build on if they both stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
Ipswin
May 10, 2018, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Kris2
Rose has a couple of good games and scores a couple of goals and suddenly everyone loves him. Did everyone forget that he was pretty rubbish for much of the season? It doesn't feel like long ago that the same faces praising him were calling for him to never pull on the black and white stripes again.

That has been the case with many not just Rose. Suddenly Hooper is a star who is incredibly talented but just looked shite because of Slade, Summerfield is the greatest and Woolford is looking good.

The only poor buggers persistently still being slagged off are Kelly and Dixon

Fickle lot aren't we

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
arryarryarry
May 10, 2018, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Garth

This,    ten others with the same attitude and some skill would see us in Europe

Well done Luke, but for understandably sentiment, would have been POY

Erm, who would score our goals?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

That has been the case with many not just Rose. Suddenly Hooper is a star who is incredibly talented but just looked shite because of Slade, Summerfield is the greatest and Woolford is looking good.

Fickle lot aren't we

You are too modest Swin, should have included yourself in that list!
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
MuddyWaters
May 10, 2018, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Fickle lot aren't we

And JF!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Grim up north
May 10, 2018, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
He was our best player by a distance . He did the hard graft last year but let himself down with sloppy distribution , something he's corrected this year . It's no fluke that our terrible run coincided with when he was carrying/out through injury . Rose has looked twice the player this last month since MJ arrived but previous to this was unfit and carried through games by Luke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield Awards.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.