Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield Awards.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

Luke Summerfield Awards.

This thread currently has 7,312 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
May 9, 2018, 1:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I have to say I'm really happy that Summerfield picked up a couple of awards he deserved the credit for a great performance through out the season if it wasn't for Mckeown possible leaving he might have won the main prize.

I was very pleased to see him go from fans villain who at the start of the season i wanted him to leave on mutual termination, must have to tip my hat to Summerfield on a very solid hard working 2nd season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Kris2
May 9, 2018, 2:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Definitely the most improved player compared to his first season with us. He's been one of our most consistent this season when he was one of the least last season.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 5:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Not technically good enough I’m afraid much improved but if he’s your main man in midfield next year expect more of the same. The lower end of the table is were he’s familiar with not by chance, we simply need better. Having said that unlike some he worked his socks off most games and looked really committed to the cause that I can’t fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
lukeo
May 9, 2018, 6:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
If you have a decent intelligent player alongside him I can't see why he can't be part of a team at the top end of league 2. He grafts for 90 minutes and isn't that bad at distributing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Caesar
May 9, 2018, 7:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Agree, I also felt he was one of the few players to try and pass the ball and have an impact on the game, it often didn't work but at least he tried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
MuddyWaters
May 9, 2018, 7:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Not technically good enough I’m afraid much improved but if he’s your main man in midfield next year expect more of the same. The lower end of the table is were he’s familiar with not by chance, we simply need better. Having said that unlike some he worked his socks off most games and looked really committed to the cause that I can’t fault.

Strange comment. He was outstanding against Notts County who were 4th in the table when they played us and has been consistently our stand-out outfield player all season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
dapperz fun pub
May 9, 2018, 7:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Strange comment. He was outstanding against Notts County who were 4th in the table when they played us and has been consistently our stand-out outfield player all season.

Hes  improved definitely but good enough to be in a promotion winning midfield I have my doubts and as for notts county is that the same notts county who chesterfield tore apart in a local derby only a couple of weeks earlier a very up and down team .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
TAGG
May 9, 2018, 7:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
I wouldn't mind him staying.
Could get even better working with MJ

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
1mickylyons
May 9, 2018, 7:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Hes  improved definitely but good enough to be in a promotion winning midfield I have my doubts and as for notts county is that the same notts county who chesterfield tore apart in a local derby only a couple of weeks earlier a very up and down team .

You will have 20 odd players in a squad and Summerfield based on last Season is easily worthy of a place.As others have said a couple of quality player`s in that area and him holding sorted.Now getting the quality is a different matter we have struggled in CM most Seasons other than Disley/Nolan to get a quality pairing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Bigdog
May 9, 2018, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've seen the comment "if he had someone alongside him" on a lot of threads. How about we sign players that don't need babysitting by another player to make up for their deficiencies? The knock on effect is we don't get the best of the other player either. We need every player to do their own jobs to get the best results we can..

Summers and Collins deserve another year in the squad, but their ultimate effectiveness as first choice starters? Not for me. If we are going to progress we'll need better and different in those positions. We conceded plenty and we didn't create much over a season and the reasons for that can't be laid totally at Slade's door and be forgotten about..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield Awards.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.