May 8, 2018, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Keep it all on 1 thread for the summer.
based on nothing at all, i wonder if we could be in for Josh Ginnelly

At Burnley since 2015, so includes time Jolley was there.
Had 2 loan spells at Lincoln and currently at Tranmere
Only 21 years old and Lincoln fans reckon he has alot of potential
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
May 8, 2018, 2:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

There's him and a couple of others that i mentioned  a few weeks back. i'll see if i can find the post.There was a young centre half, but the most interesting one imho is Jason Gilchrist at Southport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Gilchrist

would imagine that the favourite would be the return of charles vernham and second favourite Will Annan from Hull City, who Monkey Boy posted about and the evidence seems to come from a pretty solid source

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
jimgtfc
May 8, 2018, 2:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from forza ivano

There's him and a couple of others that i mentioned  a few weeks back. i'll see if i can find the post.There was a young centre half, but the most interesting one imho is Jason Gilchrist at Southport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Gilchrist

would imagine that the favourite would be the return of charles vernham and second favourite Will Annan from Hull City, who Monkey Boy posted about and the evidence seems to come from a pretty solid source

Gilchrist from Southport is exactly the type of striker we should be after in my opinion, there’ll be plenty of interest in him though and might not be cheap as a consequence.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
forza ivano
May 8, 2018, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jimgtfc

Gilchrist from Southport is exactly the type of striker we should be after in my opinion, there’ll be plenty of interest in him though and might not be cheap as a consequence.

agree

Daniel Agyei, Ntumba Massanka, Chris Long Renny Smith and Tom Anderson are other ex Burnley under 23 who might fit the bill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
pizzzza
May 8, 2018, 3:26pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Transfer speculation...? Why don't we just save the effort of a massive thread and list all ex Burnley u23 who was there during Jolley's time and have done with it? Maybe anyone who is Swedish too?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Mariner_09
May 8, 2018, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I just hope he fills the squad with some of the top young players in the Conference and the better players released by Premier League and Championship U23 sides. All will be motivated and have a point to prove.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
nealeardleyscrossing
May 8, 2018, 4:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He's a nice lad, not sure what fans would say he has potential, wasn't what id call a favourite. Like a lot of wingers at this level, flatters to deceive. Has pace, and scored the odd good goal, couldn't get in our side this season, just played the odd game as a substitute.

I am starting to think maybe the National League is his level. But maybe there is a player in there, when we released him, no L2 clubs wanted him, so that probably speaks volumes. Personally felt Arnold was better, but he never really recovered after being hacked by a Luton player when clean through against them in the last minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
mariner91
May 8, 2018, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Ginnelly always looked very, very average when I saw him. Would be disappointed if that was the sort of player we were looking at signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Transfer Speculation & Rumours

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.