May 8, 2018, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No he flipping doesn't!

He's just pointed out that a manager who had a 9 month notice period (which if my maths if correct is longer than 6 months) could only be released from it on payment of compensation by the prospective new employer to the old one.

You've won and don't realise it!

Pen Penfras has lost and doesn't realise it. I hope to God he isn't a member of the board.

I knew KM, I was getting bored with justifying myself and trying to remain polite..

Thanks for backing me up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2018, 11:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

I knew KM, I was getting bored with justifying myself and trying to remain polite..

Thanks for backing me up!

I know the feeling. That's how I used to end arguments with my ex-wife.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
toontown
May 9, 2018, 11:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
The only reason that Cowley is still at Lincoln is because the length and value of his and his brothers contracts would be inordinately expensive to compensate for. No club outside of the championship would be willing to pay it.

Hurst was on a 6 month rolling contract and a club at the very bottom of league 1 was able to take him away from us just a few months into his very first league season. And not a sleeping giant either, Shrewsbury.

Lincoln knew they had an outstanding manager on their hands and protected themselves from losing him, when they signed him on a long term deal I said at the time it was their best signing of the season. Under Fenty he would have long since left. As Fenty says, every time you sign a manager its a gamble, so if you have one who is definitely the business (which happens rarely) you need to do your very best to hang on to him...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.