nealeardleyscrossing
May 8, 2018, 1:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Posh Harry

Yes but they have given everyone 350 all season due to the redevelopment of the stadium

Yeah I know they have, but it is clearly a decent advantage. Personally I would have given them 350 too, but we have given them 1k.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
BottesfordMariner
May 8, 2018, 8:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
hope Rotherham beat them.

irks me that in the 15 years or so I have lived over here Scunny have been at least 1 division sometimes 3 above us. despite the fact no fooker watches em.

As much as they have over achieved at times it reflects how urine poor we've been. 15 years in their shadow is scandalous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2018, 10:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Yeah I know they have, but it is clearly a decent advantage. Personally I would have given them 350 too, but we have given them 1k.

You mean you're experiencing the same problem with Exeter that we had with you nearly every season? Limited number of tickets (c1800) when we could have easily sold 50% more when you had plenty of empty space at the Bank.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
HackneyHaddock
May 8, 2018, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Hopefully we can get promoted with MJ and take 5,000 to Glanford Park on Boxing Day 2019, away end or otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
nealeardleyscrossing
May 9, 2018, 9:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You mean you're experiencing the same problem with Exeter that we had with you nearly every season? Limited number of tickets (c1800) when we could have easily sold 50% more when you had plenty of empty space at the Bank.

Bit of a difference with 1800 to 350. Only the same this season as you  giving us a certain amount when we could have sold more. We've taken 5k and nearly 4k to Counteh and Coventry so could have sold more at BP. Things are a little different here now but we have always given you more than the minimum 10% we have too - Next year everyone will get a maximum of 1k at SB.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
mariner91
May 9, 2018, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253

Bit of a difference with 1800 to 350. Only the same this season as you  giving us a certain amount when we could have sold more. We've taken 5k and nearly 4k to Counteh and Coventry so could have sold more at BP. Things are a little different here now but we have always given you more than the minimum 10% we have too - Next year everyone will get a maximum of 1k at SB.

And where would your fans have gone in BP? Other than the odd seats here and there it was full in the home end as well. The point KM was making was that until you had any success, the home end was less than half full against us but you wouldn't give us any more tickets.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
nealeardleyscrossing
May 9, 2018, 11:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

And where would your fans have gone in BP? Other than the odd seats here and there it was full in the home end as well. The point KM was making was that until you had any success, the home end was less than half full against us but you wouldn't give us any more tickets.

Segregation would have been the issue I would Imagine.
Irrelevant now, SB is full every game (Bar away support) - Which is why we are moving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2018, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Not so long ago, 350 for you to take to Exeter would have been pushing it when you could barely manage many more at our place.

This is not a dig along the lines of 'our support is better than yours, so yah boo sucks!'. Just pointing out the irony. Remember where you've come from, and where you might end up again, and reflect on this Exeter situation next time us Cods are moaning about not being able to get enough tickets when you have acres of empty seats.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Going mad at Glanford Park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.