7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
May 10, 2018, 11:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from oochiad
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .   Quote from Louth In The South.

So why does a Grimsby based STH holder put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles? I’m an exile STH so I have the extra fuel every home game and I also go to away matches and buy tickets so how does your point work. It doesn’t and theirs plenty I’ve met in the same situation. I’m not tight and I’m not particularly bothered as we won’t get a reduction as an exile but at least understand that exile STH pay more.

The club don’t get any of your fuel money and very little of away ticket sales (5% of sales done at BP?).
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
UTMariners
May 10, 2018, 12:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
I'm not sure where people are getting the whole ST for exiles thing from? As far as I'm, aware the proposal was for an exile membership scheme which is very different and will be more along the lines of something below.

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/share-scheme/gas-in-exile/

I would happily pay to join a scheme which gives me priority for tickets (after season ticket holders), in recognition of all the away games I go to. What annoys me is when the club offer priority to people with a stub from the previous Tuesday night game (even though that person might not have ever been to a Town game before but turn up just to secure a stub because they fancy watching us against a big team).
A season ticket would not be value for money for us as it costs us upwards of £80 train travel for each home game, but a paid membership scheme that offered perks such as a club shop discount for example, would allow me to support the club financially in a way that gives me something for my money.  Town have a huge exiled support and yet there is currently nothing in place to encourage these fans to spend money with the club.

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 1:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from UTMariners
I'm not sure where people are getting the whole ST for exiles thing from? As far as I'm, aware the proposal was for an exile membership scheme which is very different and will be more along the lines of something below.

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/share-scheme/gas-in-exile/

I would happily pay to join a scheme which gives me priority for tickets (after season ticket holders), in recognition of all the away games I go to. What annoys me is when the club offer priority to people with a stub from the previous Tuesday night game (even though that person might not have ever been to a Town game before but turn up just to secure a stub because they fancy watching us against a big team).
A season ticket would not be value for money for us as it costs us upwards of £80 train travel for each home game, but a paid membership scheme that offered perks such as a club shop discount for example, would allow me to support the club financially in a way that gives me something for my money.  Town have a huge exiled support and yet there is currently nothing in place to encourage these fans to spend money with the club.

Like a Mariners Trust Membership??
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
GrimRob
May 10, 2018, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest what distance from Grimsby/Cleethorpes would an exile ticket begin, 10/20/50 miles plus?

Louth is the edge of the known universe  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 66
UTMariners
May 10, 2018, 3:06pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Like a Mariners Trust Membership??

I am a Trust member but the reality is the trust members often come behind those who have stubs from a Tuesday night game, when it comes to priority for tickets.  I've often felt let down by the clubs policy in this respect- I couldn't get a Doncaster away ticket last season because the club decided in the their wisdom to give each ST holder 4  tickets for friends, and so they sold out before Trust members even had a look in.

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
GrimRob
May 10, 2018, 3:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oochiad
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .   Quote from Louth In The South.

So why does a Grimsby based STH holder put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles? I’m an exile STH so I have the extra fuel every home game and I also go to away matches and buy tickets so how does your point work. It doesn’t and theirs plenty I’ve met in the same situation. I’m not tight and I’m not particularly bothered as we won’t get a reduction as an exile but at least understand that exile STH pay more.

The club DOES benefit from away fans, as the players and staff frequently acknowledge, because of the incredible level of support. It helps the team and gains points which obviously benefit the club. Although it doesn't directly put money in GTFC coffers the away support is an important element to our success. (From memory) Our away record has been roughly comparable to the home for most of our recent seasons. I've taken non-Town supporters to away games and they are always stunned by the level and fanatical nature of the support. Most other clubs just do not have it!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 66
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 3:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from UTMariners

I am a Trust member but the reality is the trust members often always come behind those who have stubs from a previous game, when it comes to priority for tickets.  I've often felt let down by the clubs policy in this respect- I couldn't get a Doncaster away ticket last season because the club decided in the their wisdom to give each ST holder 4  tickets for friends, and so they sold out before Trust members even had a look in.

I think the club agreed they got the 4 for 1 or whatever it was wrong for that game.

I dont think it has happened very often that stubs from a mid week game have been required as we only have 2 or 3 midweek home games a season
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
UTMariners
May 10, 2018, 3:56pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

I think the club agreed they got the 4 for 1 or whatever it was wrong for that game.

I dont think it has happened very often that stubs from a mid week game have been required as we only have 2 or 3 midweek home games a season

Yeah agree with all of that, midweek games probably a bad example, but the club often prioritise those with stubs from the previous game, to get tickets ahead of Trust members which is what I don't agree with.  I've often rang the club and offered them stubs from about six home games in the same season, (albeit not the previous one) and they've said its not valid. If you live in Grimsby you can go to a one off local game easily having never been to one before, just to get a ticket.  

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from UTMariners

Yeah agree with all of that, midweek games probably a bad example, but the club often prioritise those with stubs from the previous game, to get tickets ahead of Trust members which is what I don't agree with.  I've often rang the club and offered them stubs from about six home games in the same season, (albeit not the previous one) and they've said its not valid. If you live in Grimsby you can go to a one off local game easily having never been to one before, just to get a ticket.  

I am not saying the clubs reasoning is right but they try to maximise income by giving priority to people attending home games. That is were they get their income from of course. If it adds 500 or so to the home gate in order to get a stub that is an extra £6,000 in the coffers.

I guess you are never going to get a system that suits everyone
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
gary_elton
May 10, 2018, 4:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Due to where I choose to live, and weekend work commitments , I only get to half a dozen games a season at most. Having been a lifetime Trust member for a while, it does enable me to get early grabs on all-ticket matches and similar limited availability games if I can make them. Just join the Trust... simples.... the logistics of a couple of hundred part-season tickets would be awkward to say the least...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 130 season tickets already sold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.