7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from barralad

I sent you a p.m. giving details of how you can still get a refund Mr P.

Very good of you.

Would it be possible to make the process public for those Trust members who wish to buy and get the discount?

Apologies if you have already posted this, just haven't picked it up
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
lukeo
May 10, 2018, 7:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,298
Gold Stars: 134
It is made public, if you go on the OS and click on the season ticket update
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
lukeo
May 10, 2018, 7:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,298
Gold Stars: 134
By the way, very well done to the club for supporting the trust and doing this idea. Nice touch.. What do you all think if they did a 5% refund but in club shop vouchers? Do you think as many people would be as happy? It keeps the money in the club but you still get something back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
oochiad
May 10, 2018, 7:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Yes Harryharryharry I stated in my last quote it won’t happen and I’ll buy my season ticket anyway and expect nothing as I chose to move away 34 years ago. Mine is a 200 mile round trip.I’ve only mentioned it because Fenty has😂😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
barralad
May 10, 2018, 7:52am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Cloudy

Very good of you.

Would it be possible to make the process public for those Trust members who wish to buy and get the discount?

Apologies if you have already posted this, just haven't picked it up

As Luke says it is on the O.S. under season ticket update. Easypeersy's is slightly different in that the transaction has already taken place at the full amount. The problem with on-line (obviously so apologies if I'm over-egging this) was that there would be nothing to stop anyone ticking a box to say they are a Trust member so we needed a system whereby a check can be made. It's working pretty well at the moment and has had the added bonus of people renewing Trust membership having forgotten to do so previously. Our membership list is pretty up to date now.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Cloudy
May 10, 2018, 8:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from barralad

As Luke says it is on the O.S. under season ticket update. Easypeersy's is slightly different in that the transaction has already taken place at the full amount. The problem with on-line (obviously so apologies if I'm over-egging this) was that there would be nothing to stop anyone ticking a box to say they are a Trust member so we needed a system whereby a check can be made. It's working pretty well at the moment and has had the added bonus of people renewing Trust membership having forgotten to do so previously. Our membership list is pretty up to date now.

Thanks for the response
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
supertown
May 10, 2018, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
How do you logistically run a 10 ticket season ticket. First of all the club don’t know when you are attending to ‘keep the seat’ , you can’t just keep a seat vacant as it will no doubt be a decent one . Then comes the problem of people using ‘away’ addresses to get one rather than shell out for a full one. It’s a no go in my opinion, does anyone know of any other club with any exile scheme?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
MarinerWY
May 10, 2018, 8:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .

I'm not sure that is best reflective of a changing world though. Yes, on a very literal and simplistic level, it is an individuals choice to move away from the area. But we are only really in the second generation of a lot more 'uprootedness' - most young people now don't live in the same area their grandparents are buried. This wasn't true of 50 years ago. A combination of factors, not least the growth of urban areas, and an exodus of young people to metropolitan cities, and job and study opportunities, have meant (within a certain demographic, of which class does have a hefty influence) that people are much more likely to move away.

I have practically (bar a very short time) never lived in the GY area. My family, on both my mum and dad's side, are from GY & surrounds and have been on my dad's side since the 1500's. My entire extended family on both sides still live there, but we moved north of the Humber (which was then  Humberside). We've had people in my family play for Town, as a family we know support goes back to the 1920's - I got taken to my first match when I was 2 and these days going to Town matches is when I get to see my Gran, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins etc.

And subsequently I moved also from where I grew up: I have lived in Leeds for the past 10 years. I am 27 and walk around with a town shirt, the amount of people my age who are from Grimsby and support town and stop me to chat is huge. Almost every time I wear the shirt. They have moved for jobs, for uni, and have stuck around. As most know, a significant proportion of under 30's won't ever own a house, have stagnated wages and pay extortionate rent - there is a huge proportionate wealth gap both in earnings and assets between the under 30's and over 30's. To help people out a bit in order for them to stay in touch either with their roots, be they direct roots or family roots, and support their club would be a really positive step.

As for people saying 'they'd go anyway' some of us simply couldn't. Me and my brother are considering getting a season ticket to share, even though we often go together, as we can't get to all the games on it but want to go more regularly. It's not particularly practical. And it would make going together difficult as we won't guarantee sitting together etc. I went to loads of home and away games recently just because that's all we could do with an imminent risk of relegation. But normally it would be around 6 home games a season. So a book of 10 would be great. We'd both buy one, say putting 300 quid into the club from the off. We'd then go more, and spend more in the ground (and out for that matter, doesn't hurt to bring people into the local pubs).

In terms of policing, it would be no harder than policing student tickets or unemployed tickets. You should have to go into the club shop to buy one, bring in proof of ID and two bills, polling cards to prove address and a quick search on google maps will tell you if you live say, more than a 150 mile round trip away.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
diehardmariner
May 10, 2018, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,359
Gold Stars: 531
It would no doubt be difficult to devise and implement a season ticket for exiles and shift-workers.  But hey, surely that's what the club employ people in the office to do, don't they?

I'm not actually sure if it's possible to put something like this is in place but I would definitely like the club to explore the option.  An alternative might be, rather than a season ticket, having discounted tickets if bought in bulk.  So once the fixtures are announced, a shift worker will know there and then what games they can/can't go to. If the club had a ticketing system that allows reserving tickets for the whole of the season (as opposed to the next two/three weeks) the shift worker could purchase as many tickets as they wish, with a sliding scale offering discount depending on the number bought.  Same principle as the season tickets, club gets your cash in advance so you get a small slicing off the total sale.  Obviously there would need to be an exchange/refund option if games got postponed or moved.

The other area the club really need to look at is family tickets and season tickets.  Kids for a Quid is great but it needs more thought.  It's highly likely that most people will experience live football as a result of Mum/Dad/Grandad/Uncle etc. taking them to their first games.  A big cost for families bringing kids is the add-ons like the programmes, the drinks etc.  It should cost absolute pence to produce a few chicken nuggets with chips and a coke, bundle it in with the cost of the ticket.  Whatever it is, make it an experience for them so they want to come back and the adults can afford to bring them back.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
oochiad
May 10, 2018, 11:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .   Quote from Louth In The South.

So why does a Grimsby based STH holder put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles? I’m an exile STH so I have the extra fuel every home game and I also go to away matches and buy tickets so how does your point work. It doesn’t and theirs plenty I’ve met in the same situation. I’m not tight and I’m not particularly bothered as we won’t get a reduction as an exile but at least understand that exile STH pay more.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 130 season tickets already sold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.