7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
May 9, 2018, 8:15am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
It's not really away games which bother me - with the odd exception I get tickets easy enough. It's the cost of travel to home games on top of the ticket. So a ticket for say 10 games for 150 quid would be great. And then second priority after season ticket holders for big away games.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
MarinerWY
May 9, 2018, 8:18am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MarinerWY
It's not really away games which bother me - with the odd exception I get tickets easy enough. It's the cost of travel to home games on top of the ticket. So a ticket for say 10 games for 150 quid would be great. And then second priority after season ticket holders for big away games.

Just to add; from me this would mean the club would gain money. I get to around 6 home games a season (more this season as I went to every one when there was a risk of relegation) so spend £108. Buying the book of 10 would mean I used it and went to more. My train ticket is 35 quid so it makes a huge difference.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
oochiad
May 9, 2018, 9:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Yes MarinerWY, it’s the travelling to home matches that costs us so we need some reduction on the season ticket as a whole as far as I’m concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
Cloudy
May 9, 2018, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'd have thought that an exiles ST package would be about having a book of tickets for 10-15 games say at a discount from the normal match day ticket (but maybe not as much as a full ST discount). Commercially it'd need to be a fine balancing act because the club should try to avoid cannibalising existing ST sales to exiles. Maybe do it as a trial for the first season.

The shift worker package could be along the same lines.

Presumably the club could look at the address database to work out how many STs already go to exiles, then look next year to see how many it's lost.

That i believe is the biggest problem.

If a shift worker buys a book of say 10 tickets then it is difficult for the club to stop me doing the same. a sort of dipping my toe in the water to see how the season pans out rather than going for a full season ticket on day one.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
ska face
May 9, 2018, 9:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,522
Gold Stars: 831
Not wanting to neg you all out, but does anyone actually think an “exiles season ticket” initiative will ever happen?

The shift worker idea has been sat on John Fenty & Steve Wraith’s desks for two years now and we’ve seen less than intercourse all in getting it implemented.

No amount of bullshit & bluster from the usual suspects will convince me they’ve got the ability or even the inclination to help fans until we see some action.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
ginnywings
May 9, 2018, 10:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ska face
Not wanting to neg you all out, but does anyone actually think an “exiles season ticket” initiative will ever happen?

The shift worker idea has been sat on John Fenty & Steve Wraith’s desks for two years now and we’ve seen less than intercourse all in getting it implemented.

No amount of bullshit & bluster from the usual suspects will convince me they’ve got the ability or even the inclination to help fans until we see some action.

If they haven't learned any lessons by now, then they never will. The link between the fans and the club has never been so bad, but i fear that the arrival of MJ may well have taken the heat off, and they may go back to resting on their laurels again. The next 3 months is going to be telling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
louth_in_the_south
May 9, 2018, 10:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
LH
May 9, 2018, 10:42am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I’m sorry to knock this exiles thing a few posters are banging on about but wtf should the club subsidise exiles ? It’s a personal decision to move away from the gy area . The club doesn’t subsidise STH away travel or tickets and they put money in on a far bigger scale than exiles .

This. Would be far better off putting the time and effort into getting some more of the local population through the gate rather than the same 5000 or so we get now.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
carrot top
May 9, 2018, 11:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from LH

This. Would be far better off putting the time and effort into getting some more of the local population through the gate rather than the same 5000 or so we get now.

Could do both really
Away support is important too

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
LH
May 9, 2018, 2:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from carrot top

Could do both really
Away support is important too

I get that. A second priority behind STHs for games within 30 miles of your house (as long as you pre-register interest before the season starts) or whatever would be a good idea. I don’t see why those who live away should be able to get discounted multi-buys of tickets because they might miss the odd game though - especially when they admit they willingly pay full price regardless.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 130 season tickets already sold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.