4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
May 6, 2018, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
I think it was telling that yesterday MJ fielded an unchanged 11 and I expect most of that team to be offered a deal this week.  If anything, he might look to move on both centre halves or at least one of them to bring some much needed pace to the position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2018, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I think it was telling that yesterday MJ fielded an unchanged 11 and I expect most of that team to be offered a deal this week.  If anything, he might look to move on both centre halves or at least one of them to bring some much needed pace to the position.

I would agree with this. The CB’s post an interesting question though. A bit of pace is an asset in any position without a doubt but I’ve been to most games this season and can’t remember too many times when they’ve been beaten in an out and out foot race.

Feels like we’ve  conceded a lot of goals through a lack of mobility (aged legs) poor organisation, sh1t communication and as ever sitting too deep.

Under MJ the Dads Army at the back have looked pretty solid but if you look across the season Collins will be offered a deal and Clarke released which works for me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2018, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Again I'll have my 2 pennys worth....I wouldn't be upset if we kept Clarke and Collins has been immense,  but age has to be factor, keep Collins for next season and feed Mills into that role, he has the pace, can certainly tackle but needs to learn how to pass the ball out with greater accuracy...I'd say farewell to Berret, Kelly, Osborne and there's not one of the loan players I'd look to sign...going to be interesting on Wednesday when we see the retained list though..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
LondonMariner43
May 6, 2018, 9:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I would agree that the starting 11 from yesterday are likely to be retained - don’t think we had any loan players in that 11 and unchanged from Notts County.

After a bit of change early on, MJ seems to have tried and dropped a few players and found the ones who can perform for him.  Hard to tell what he thinks about the ones who have been injured - Dembele, Vernon and Mills.

His time in charge shows that often the difference between a good player and a bad one is a good manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Abdul19
May 6, 2018, 9:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from horsforthmariner
The posts on Dembele are ridiculous. Of course we should keep him. Loads of kids burst onto the scene but struggle towards the end of their first season. It's tiredness and the body takes time to get used to the battering it takes as a pro. He'l learn and come on better next season.

Exactly. Bogle had a big dip in form during his first pro season. In his second he'd scored 19 by January.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
99agrant
May 7, 2018, 10:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
I would look to keep all 3 of the defensive senior players Davies Clarke and Collins. Look how solid we have been in recent weeks. They could be joined by a couple of younger pacy defenders. Must also keep Summerfield my player of the year. We reallly missed him when he was injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
Madeleymariner
May 7, 2018, 10:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from 99agrant
I would look to keep all 3 of the defensive senior players Davies Clarke and Collins. Look how solid we have been in recent weeks. They could be joined by a couple of younger pacy defenders. Must also keep Summerfield my player of the year. We reallly missed him when he was injured.

Disagree at least 2 of those should go, because our defence lacks pace we have to defend deep. Its not as if we batter everything in the air away is it so what are we giving up pace for if we cant defend an aerial bombardment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
blundellpork
May 8, 2018, 4:26am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 32
Davies 30 minutes on Saturday will have been his final appearance for the club. Our lack of pace at the back will see him and probably Clarke released. I fully expect Dembele to leave as being honest, although he looks very skilful, he achieves very little. The fact that he barely featured in the final few games would suggest that Jolley feels the same.

Berrett, McAllister, Vernon, Killip, Woolford, McSheffrey and the loan players to all depart. Wouldn’t rule out Vernam reappearing on loan again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Swansea_Mariner
May 8, 2018, 7:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Dembele has been injured hasn't he, that's why he hasn't made the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
LondonMariner43
May 8, 2018, 7:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Not sure why everyone expects Killip to be released?

He is still young for a keeper.  He has played 7 times this season - his first football league appearances.  He’s not Macca but we won’t get a keeper of his quality to be back up.

I’ve heard he was well thought of as a youth at Chelsea.  I’d give him another year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clearout time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.