4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
May 6, 2018, 8:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Perhaps the run in has changed views on who needs to be released now this season has closed however my thoughts are the following out of contracts should be released

Osborne
Davies
Clarke
McAllister
Berret
Woolford
Vernon
McSheffery

With those in contract If Jolley thinks he can get something out of Hooper, Cardwell and Rose then fair enough but Kelly and Dixon need a change of club. None of the loans gave set the place on fire and happy to see all return to their respective clubs.
Private Message
HackneyHaddock
May 6, 2018, 9:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
We all know the name of the first person who needs to be cleared out of Grimsby Town in order for the club to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
AndyDarloFC
May 6, 2018, 10:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Would happily take McAllister to Darlo.

If he comes, tell him that he gets to come to PSV Eindhoven away in July and a urine up after the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 36
AdamHaddock
May 6, 2018, 10:21am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,795
Gold Stars: 25
Two words

Injury prone

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Mariner_09
May 6, 2018, 10:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Perhaps the run in has changed views on who needs to be released now this season has closed however my thoughts are the following out of contracts should be released

Osborne
Davies
Clarke
McAllister
Berret
Woolford
Vernon
McSheffery

With those in contract If Jolley thinks he can get something out of Hooper, Cardwell and Rose then fair enough but Kelly and Dixon need a change of club. None of the loans gave set the place on fire and happy to see all return to their respective clubs.

Agree with that list except I'd release Dembele as well, he went missing when the going got tough and has looked like he doesn't want to be here. I'd still see if anyone wants him as if we release we get nothing but if we can be certain of someone taking him on then I'd trigger his extension and try and bag 200k or something.

I also think he'll release Mills, he didn't play very much for MJ when he was fit, think he much prefers RHJ. I'm also 50/50 on trying to ship out Rose, 3 well dispatched penalties don't disguise some of his other disastrous performances and his lack of ability on the ball as well as his hot-headed style.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 6, 2018, 10:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Thought Rose showed against Notts County that he has much more to offer than taking penalties. He can be very skilful on the ball, gets stuck in and gets up & down the field which together should make him half decent at this level.

Issue has been him being too rash in the tackle, trying to be skilful in the wrong areas of the pitch and before MJ came a tendency to disappear second half. With the correct coaching, advice and support think he may be our next Rob Jones. Pretty poor first season but rock solid the second.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Madeleymariner
May 6, 2018, 10:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
He will keep Mills, can play in centre defence quite well if needed especially in a 3 as the pace between our 2 old men, sure Jolly was saying how good he was the other day in an interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2018, 11:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,888
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from Mariner_09

Agree with that list except I'd release Dembele as well, he went missing when the going got tough and has looked like he doesn't want to be here. I'd still see if anyone wants him as if we release we get nothing but if we can be certain of someone taking him on then I'd trigger his extension and try and bag 200k or something.

I also think he'll release Mills, he didn't play very much for MJ when he was fit, think he much prefers RHJ. I'm also 50/50 on trying to ship out Rose, 3 well dispatched penalties don't disguise some of his other disastrous performances and his lack of ability on the ball as well as his hot-headed style.

Keep Dembele as he does have something and maybe MJ can bring the best out of him, Mills can play RB, LB and CB at a push so worth keeping. Rose is contracted and like a number of others looks a different player under MJ    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
sydney
May 6, 2018, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,012
Gold Stars: 3
Keep Mills
If we can keep him off the treatment table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
Mariner_09
May 6, 2018, 11:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Keep Dembele as he does have something and maybe MJ can bring the best out of him, Mills can play RB, LB and CB at a push so worth keeping. Rose is contracted and like a number of others looks a different player under MJ    

I'd keep Mills but I don't think MJ will is the point I was making. I know Rose is contracted but I do not think he is good enough to be an integral part of a side challenging higher up the table (if our ambition is a top half finish and potentially flirt with the play offs. Dembele is overrated, his games has numerous glaring inadequacies: his first touch, his decision making, his final ball, his defensive work (or lack of) and his top speed.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clearout time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.