4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 5, 2018, 11:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I think Lincoln may well prevail. Cowley is good at one off games/cup ties etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Son of Cod
May 5, 2018, 11:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from newarkmariner
someone on Barnets forum bleating that the fa should deduct points for playing out a draw,wonder if its the same sharp object who wanted the fa to step in about our peno at  Swindon,what a tosspot,bye bye Barnet,UTFM

To be fair, if the clip they just showed on The Goal Rush is anything to go by, they might actually have a case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Maringer
May 6, 2018, 12:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Back in 2004, during the Euro Champs, I was at the game where Denmark drew 2-2 with Sweden to send them both through and put Italy out of the competition. I think that was just about the only result which would have knocked the Eyeties out so naturally, they called foul. However, at the game, it was certainly a full-blooded affair with both teams looking to win for most of the game and it was only when the equaliser went in that both teams thought better of it and sat back while tapping the ball around at the back. If you saw the reports back then, I'm sure many would note that the result was a foregone conclusion but, as a neutral at the fame, that certainly wasn't the case. Quite possibly similar with Morecambe today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Maringer
May 6, 2018, 6:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Back in 2004, during the Euro Champs, I was at the game where Denmark drew 2-2 with Sweden to send them both through and put Italy out of the competition. I think that was just about the only result which would have knocked the Eyeties out so naturally, they called foul. However, at the game, it was certainly a full-blooded affair with both teams looking to win for most of the game and it was only when the equaliser went in that both teams thought better of it and sat back while tapping the ball around at the back. If you saw the reports back then, I'm sure many would note that the result was a foregone conclusion but, as a neutral at the fame, that certainly wasn't the case. Quite possibly similar with Morecambe today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Abdul19
May 6, 2018, 8:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Yeah, at the end of a game like that it's only natural both teams will sit on what they've got. I remember Huddersfield and someone else doing it to stay up a few seasons back when Peterborough went down. It was hardly Germany v Austria in 1982!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Chrisblor
May 6, 2018, 11:02am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Son of Cod

To be fair, if the clip they just showed on The Goal Rush is anything to go by, they might actually have a case.

That clip out of context did look very dodgy, but then when you watch the full highlights Morecambe's keeper kept them in the game (and the league)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
The_Chief
May 6, 2018, 12:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
Barnet fans are probably feeling a bit flat due to their expectation - as would most of us expected - of Coventry rolling over Morecambe on the last day.  

Any other time of the season and Coventry would give Morecambe a proper thumping, putting 4 or 5 past them without breaking sweat.  

It was almost a miraculous escape.  If they had got Allen in earlier they would've stayed up: his record is pretty remarkable having won 5 out of the 8 games.  

Fortunately for us MJ had a similar positive effect on our fortunes and the rest is history...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Mariner_09
May 6, 2018, 12:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings
I think Lincoln may well prevail. Cowley is good at one off games/cup ties etc.

Yeah, they were fantastic against us in the 2nd leg at Braintree weren't they?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
RonMariner
May 6, 2018, 12:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Is someone had told us ten games ago that we would need 47 points to stay up I think we would all have given it up as a mission impossible.

From where we were in March, to end up with 51 points is incredible.

I keep thinking I am going to wake up and find the last two months were just a dream........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.