This thread currently has 5,806 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
May 5, 2018, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Looked in on their board in the week and was gobsmacked at the confidence they had in staying up. Not so much in their own team, Allen has them running through walls for him now, but the Morecambe factor. A dull, dull team but experts at getting the draw. Not a bit surprised they managed it today.

Barnet drop, Akinde probably on his way, Barnet's penalty count will be interesting next season

Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
May 5, 2018, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Fought well but they were the second worse team this season and deserve to go down. I dont doubt they will be back fairly quickly. They adapt well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
ROKERITE
May 5, 2018, 5:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
I've nothing against Barnet but I'm glad Morecambe survived. Jim Bentley has done a remarkable job on crowds regularly under 1,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2018, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
Away from the JJ Hooper hat trick Barnet getting relegated made me smile, I hate "mockenays" heads far too far up their @rses.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
grimps
May 5, 2018, 5:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Nothing personal for me as we enjoyed a day out in London but I’d rather them go down than Morcame as they’d have been more of a threat next season.
To be honest I wish Morcame had gone down too instead of Chesterfield , the Spirites are a proper club that bring more than 30 fans to our place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
louth_in_the_south
May 5, 2018, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
I know where I’d rather go on an away day next season . I’ll miss those 2 pint glasses at Barnet. No way I’ll be going to that excrement hole morecambe and I’ve never been there

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
RoboCod
May 5, 2018, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ROKERITE
I've nothing against Barnet but I'm glad Morecambe survived. Jim Bentley has done a remarkable job on crowds regularly under 1,000.

You have to admire that defensive grit and quality, seems they worked their socks off today. Roche in goal pulled off 2 or 3 super saves, just as Macca has been doing for us, and as we know from that you can go on to get something from the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
newarkmariner
May 5, 2018, 5:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Very happy with that,Barnet are a horrible little club with horrible fans,UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Nelly GTFC
May 5, 2018, 5:48pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimps
Nothing personal for me as we enjoyed a day out in London but I’d rather them go down than Morcame as they’d have been more of a threat next season.
To be honest I wish Morcame had gone down too instead of Chesterfield , the Spirites are a proper club that bring more than 30 fans to our place
Depends, when you read minority fan posts like this it makes you feel glad they went down >> http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=57687&st=0&p=1213027&#entry1213027

This was regarding the Jon Nolan transfer, around a week after we had been promoted to League Two and Chesterfield were still a League One club.

Quoted from brianclose - Chesterfield F.C Forum | Posted: 24 May 2016
"I suppose there is a certain level of satisfaction that we can shaft little tinpot teams like Grimsby the same way teams like Wigan can shaft us".

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
newarkmariner
May 5, 2018, 5:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
someone on Barnets forum bleating that the fa should deduct points for playing out a draw,wonder if its the same sharp object who wanted the fa to step in about our peno at  Swindon,what a tosspot,bye bye Barnet,UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.