8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Pouton4ever
May 4, 2018, 7:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Just because you might have some information which the rest of the world doesn't, it doesn't mean you can be a knobhead about it.

Thanks for that but perhaps I should explain better- I heard a few people in front of me in the queue talking about it and everyone nodding, so I assumed it was common knowledge - hence why I said I "understand" not I know...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
Northbank Mariner
May 4, 2018, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I've already posted thanking James for his contributions to the cause but I cannot erase from my mind that when the going got tough and he was relegated to number 2 he see his @rse, chucked his toys out the pram and handed in a transfer request...shame that, because that will always leave a sour taste in my mouth for what is undoubtedly one of the best keepers we've had at this level..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
Maringer
May 4, 2018, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,468
Gold Stars: 185
The thing is, we don't have a clue what was going on behind the scenes at that point. With that clown Bignot in charge, it could have been anything at all.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
Mikey_345
May 4, 2018, 8:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
With the amount of money we have wasted this season and last on Quantity over quality, the money must surely be there. Take for example Kelly, Dixon, macalister; have we really “needed” these and others this season?

Theirs or other not needed players wages theoretically could cover an increase for Macca.

All this talk of budgets constraints and managing expectations doesn’t really fit in with the statement made in January by the board - essentially committing to backing the then manager.

With macca; he wants to stay and I think we’d be foolish to let him leave - get it done, simple! It’s exactly the sort of things the board (Fenty) need to do if they want to repair any bridges with the fans.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
Rodley Mariner
May 4, 2018, 8:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Thanks for that but perhaps I should explain better- I heard a few people in front of me in the queue talking about it and everyone nodding, so I assumed it was common knowledge - hence why I said I "understand" not I know...

If we'd known you'd overheard a few people in a queue and seen some nodding then obviously the speculation would have swiftly concluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
MuddyWaters
May 4, 2018, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Pouton4ever

As it was you who stated that we still haven't had all the money from Wigan for Bogle, I suspect you know more than understand.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
May 4, 2018, 9:13pm
Guest User
Doesn't owe the club anything, so if he moves good luck and best wishes.

I think we can easily overlook he's still a young keeper - not the finished article. But he works hard to improve his game, so his limit is in his hands.
Seems like Motherwell think so (quoting what I read, not what I know).

He's clearly good enough for L2 (which is where we'll be next season), and comments like he's not sufficiently commanding for L1 strike me as
a bit premature - we can't expect MJ to turn around a relegation-bound club into promotion challengers.
* I'd be the last one to say MJ can't do it btw. *

Hope the Club bust a gut to keep him....because he cares.

Reply: 66 - 77
KingstonMariner
May 4, 2018, 9:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 137
But he works hard to improve his game, so his limit is in his hands.

Nice one!  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2018, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Couple of conspiracy theories spring to mind,

Motherwell are mid table league 1 level at best and arguably  so are Shrewsbury.

Shrews go up Henderson stays and Macca to Motherwell, Shrews stay down Henderson goes and Macca pinched by Hurst.

Though if GTFC want to show a “statement of intent” a 3 year deal with a decent pay rise will keep “Mr Grimsby” where he is loved.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
davmariner
May 4, 2018, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 79
McKeown was happy under Hurst, (even) Slade and now is under Jolley. Make of that what you will. IMO he never explained his transfer request properly and the real reason was never properly disclosed. He wasn’t the only player unhappy at the time (there were other players in the starting XI who had the same serious concerns) and this was part of the reason why things changed shortly after.

His transfer request wasnt just about being dropped and him throwing a wobbler. He was being told things behind closed doors about his future that didn’t quite match up with what had been said in the media.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown interview - Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.