8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
May 3, 2018, 5:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Another example of the clubs folly in allowing his contract to terminate a extension should have been given last year yet another saleable asset being allowed to leave with no reward to us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 77
Dogger Bank
May 3, 2018, 5:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
The club should go all out to keep Macca. One of our best and most loyal servants in recent years. It would be a good statement by the club and it's intentions to back MJ and go for promotion next season. GTFC should show some ambition now and take this season as a reason to do so.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
Reverendmariner
May 3, 2018, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
I read it as a heavy hint to the club that he'd much rather stay here for family reasons, but that he needs a decent offer to make it worthwhile to stay. His agent has no doubt made it public that he's had this offer to sway the club. He's Town through and through, probably our most dedicated player, and in a close season where there's going to be a huge turnover of players,  I think that we need Macca to provide stability and to demonstrate to new players what it means to play for GTFC.

It's not a question of blackmail, it's just what an agent should be doing for his client. I'm sure he would stay if Town were to offer him a compromise between what he's earning now and what Motherwell have offered, assuming that he can be convinced that the club have ambition to push for promotion next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
HertsGTFC
May 3, 2018, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I think it sounds like he’s had an offer but is also putting himself on the open market.

In footballing terms I’m not convinced Motherwell is a great move but if he gets a better salary and a longer deal at the end of the day all players do it for their living.

Hope he stays, good luck to him if he goes👍

I assume this means he’ll now get POTY as that has become the “good luck in your new job” award

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
Mrs Doyle
May 3, 2018, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
If he does go he owes us nothing and has been a great servant to the club. The only player to stay with us after the wilderness years in non-league.

His form and confidence took a massive blow for a good while understandably after that health scare a few years ago and.bringing Henderson in was a bitter pill to swallow for Macca but Since Jolley came he has found his form again.

He would definitely get my blessing whatever he decides to do no doubt Richard Tait has been singing his praises at Motherwell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
golfer
May 3, 2018, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I think he'll go but how can Motherwell pay what they do on their gates. That's 3 of my favorite players signed for Motherwell. Can't we offer them 3 more instead of Macca
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
grimsby pete
May 3, 2018, 6:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Macca has to do what is best for his family,

There is one thing he should think about though,

It does rain a lot in Scotland  

Not worth the hassle James .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
oochiad
May 3, 2018, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
He makes the point that it’s his family that is his number 1 concern and I think they’ll want to stay put. I really hope so anyway........UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
grimsby pete
May 3, 2018, 6:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from oochiad
He makes the point that it’s his family that is his number 1 concern and I think they’ll want to stay put. I really hope so anyway........UTM

The kids will not like the rain they will have to stay in most days,

That's not nice is it Macca ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
headingly_mariner
May 3, 2018, 6:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
The sort of player you could give a long contract to. He’s proven at this level and still young enough to improve for a keeper. He’s got an excellent injury record. Above all he’s got a smashing attitude and affinity for the town. People like this should’nt be allowed to come to the end of their contract.  Losing someone like Shaun Pearson was a massive mistake.  

People like Pearson and Mckeown are the characters that drag you over the line and can always be relied upon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown interview - Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.