5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2018, 6:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Interesting to gauge the thoughts of how M.J. is going to do next season with basically his own team. I don’t think his budget will be top half but I’m going for a top half finish anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
May 2, 2018, 7:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Realistically I'm expecting a top half finish with potentially a chance to get into the play offs. It's his first full season in charge of a FL club, but providing he's given a decent amount of funding I think he will do very well. He's giving me more positiveness than any other manager since I can ever remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
pizzzza
May 2, 2018, 7:06am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Interesting to gauge the thoughts of how M.J. is going to do next season with basically his own team. I don’t think his budget will be top half but I’m going for a top half finish anyway

Way too early to say. Let's see what happens over the summer. Budget is not the be all and end all, I doubt Accrington's budget was top half this season.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
chaos33
May 2, 2018, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Agree with all the comments above, and expect and hope for a competitive team that can make some sort of attempt at the top 10 (and ideally, play offs), by playing some organised attacking football at times.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2018, 7:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

Way too early to say. Let's see what happens over the summer. Budget in not the be all and end all, I doubt Accrington's budget was top half this season.

Accys budget was bottom 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
cmackenzie4
May 2, 2018, 8:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I just hope MJ gets his players in early, not leaving signings to the last minute like Slade did.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
HackneyHaddock
May 2, 2018, 8:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Hope:  Everything clicks and MJ takes a close-knit and hungry squad to in and around the playoffs
Expectation:  Some highs, some lows and a mid-table (9-16) finish

MJ will have to make some tough calls, but I hope whatever he does we don't end up with a large squad of older journeymen.  

He has a real chance to sell his team to potential up-and-coming players from U23 teams or squad fringes of higher leagues, as an opportunity to come and play first team football in front of 5-7,000 people at a decent-sized traditional old club who traditionally play passing football, where they can be coached by one of the more progressive coaches in the game, a Sean Dyche protege, and be supported in their development.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
GrimRob
May 2, 2018, 8:24am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I think we should be winning at least 10 home games of the 23. That should put us in the top half. This year we won 6 which is awful. We only need to win around 12 to be close to the play offs judging by this year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 42
Cloudy
May 2, 2018, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Accys budget was bottom 3

Chesterfields was top 5
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2018, 8:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I just hope MJ gets his players in early, not leaving signings to the last minute like Slade did.

I think MJ will be a lot more pro active than Slade and won't be wasting in time in the bookies or getting drunk in the crommy/trawl trying to chat the barmaid up when he should have been getting a decent squad together. All of those under 23 matches I'm certain he's spotted a few gems who have maybe drifted off course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Realistic expectations next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.