Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit to the Club.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 141 Guests

Credit to the Club.

This thread currently has 5,870 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
April 30, 2018, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Great forward planning to sell season tickets this early in the season. Always believed it would have been a good idea after winning promotion, but never happened. So great to see the club capitalise on the staying up/Jolley feel good factor.
So just been to renew with my Mum. Nothing was too much problem and the season tickets were ready for collection!
Was told a few had already been in to renew and about £4000 of sales already on the internet.
You can’t help but sense there are positive changes at the club other than those on the pitch and even the staff appear more relaxed and generally happier. So credit where credit is due. UTMM!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
diehardmariner
April 30, 2018, 3:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Delighted to see the club attempt to tap into any feel-good factor.  

Definitely can argue it's something they should do regardless and applauding it just shows how poor they have been, however let's take what we can get and hope this new found business common sense continues.

Renewals is one thing, let's see if they're serious enough to start to mix up the type of tickets they offer and the incentives they use to entice those who are undecided.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
grimsby pete
April 30, 2018, 4:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The club does listen to the Fishy sometimes then.

Did the Fishy put a you tube clip of Michael Jolley up before the club talked to him,

So I think the person who put it on here deserves a big pat on the back,

It was not me by the way.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
moosey_club
April 30, 2018, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Heard a clip of a Jolley interview on Humberside earlier..... talking of all pulling together, together we can achieve , the people in charge only have the best interests of the club etc etc....but then he made a comment about not doing anything to work against that ....it struck me as a comment in the direction of the board/JF .....and it has been noticeable of late how quiet JF has been since MJ's appointment.

Have they actually learnt lessons ?  Has MJ influenced where all others have failed ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Pouton4ever
April 30, 2018, 9:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from moosey_club
Heard a clip of a Jolley interview on Humberside earlier..... talking of all pulling together, together we can achieve , the people in charge only have the best interests of the club etc etc....but then he made a comment about not doing anything to work against that ....it struck me as a comment in the direction of the board/JF .....and it has been noticeable of late how quiet JF has been since MJ's appointment.

Have they actually learnt lessons ?  Has MJ influenced where all others have failed ?

I ll get shot to pieces for this but I thought it was calculated to quell the anti board feeling. I said on an earlier thread that what struck me was when he talked about the good stewarding of the club at board level.

Jolley is no fool and I genuinely trust that if he says it , and he didn't need to, he means it.

I honestly think it's time for a break on this anti board stuff. Everyone felicitations up , wouldn't be human if you didn't and as evidence suggests running a football club isn't easy, there are exceptions before someone throws Accrington at me. It really seems the club is turning a corner and together we can really thrive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Cloudy
April 30, 2018, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Pouton4ever

I ll get shot to pieces for this but I thought it was calculated to quell the anti board feeling. I said on an earlier thread that what struck me was when he talked about the good stewarding of the club at board level.

Jolley is no fool and I genuinely trust that if he says it , and he didn't need to, he means it.

I honestly think it's time for a break on this anti board stuff. Everyone felicitations up , wouldn't be human if you didn't and as evidence suggests running a football club isn't easy, there are exceptions before someone throws Accrington at me. It really seems the club is turning a corner and together we can really thrive.

I don't buy this it is time to pull together stance.

Most of us who desperately want change and for the club to grow and realise its potential agreed to put our anger on the back burner until our fate is sealed.

It is no good putting on the back burner again until we hit another dip. The time for change is NOW, and it can then be done and dusted well before pre season. If the right changes are made we can prepare for a more certain future and one that includes each and everyone of us.
Keeping things as they are will mean the same old stale offering with too many fans feeling they are something stuck on someone's shoe.

Embrace the community and the community will embrace the Football club 10 fold. It then becomes a giant snowball, gathering momentum and supporters as it moves forward.

This is our chance to effect positive change
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
barralad
May 1, 2018, 1:23am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
As a very interested observer I'm struck by the change of tone in this thread from several directions. There has been a softening of the language in some quarters. This has added fuel to the views of those who think that contained within the anti-Fenty rhetoric of a couple of months ago was a fair measure of frustration about matters on the pitch which, now things have at least temporarily been resolved happily has somewhat dissipated. There are far more questioning who is going to fill the gap if/when JF goes (and if the rumours are right he does want out). There are plenty of rumours now circulating about interested parties waiting on the wings. For all those who want him gone it is to be hoped they don't remain backstage for too long.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
arryarryarry
May 1, 2018, 1:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Pouton4ever

For over 15 years?

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2018, 2:31am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad
As a very interested observer I'm struck by the change of tone in this thread from several directions. There has been a softening of the language in some quarters. This has added fuel to the views of those who think that contained within the anti-Fenty rhetoric of a couple of months ago was a fair measure of frustration about matters on the pitch which, now things have at least temporarily been resolved happily has somewhat dissipated. There are far more questioning who is going to fill the gap if/when JF goes (and if the rumours are right he does want out). There are plenty of rumours now circulating about interested parties waiting on the wings. For all those who want him gone it is to be hoped they don't remain backstage for too long.

The happy hormones haven't worn off yet Barra. When they do, people will remember and join the call again. I don't even think there are 'far more' questioning who will step in - just the same few posters making hay whilst the disaffected are still enjoying the moment. And maybe people are also just content that JF hasn't put his foot in it again recently.

You almost seem to be saying 'we do our PR on the pitch' and seem relieved that the pressure has been reduced on the man who brought us to this sorry state in the first place.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Mrs Doyle
May 1, 2018, 4:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The board had the bollix to give Jolley a try an almighty gamble but it paid off but to be honest they were forced into it, not just by fan pressure but money.

They left it far too late to make that decision clearly for whatever reason Slade (spit) was still very reluctantly shown the door after such a monumental failure on the pitch then in the Jan transfer window, he lost the dressing room the fans had long given up on him.

Fenty staying quite is the right thing to do leave Jolley to do the P.R. he seems much, much better at it.

Stay off the fishy you just make things ten times worse YOU ARE A LOYAL FAN  we all know that and perhaps take most of the flack whilst others on the board remain anonymous.

Want so much to carry on with this good feel factor give Jolley proper contract and a bit of backing he has the fans and the team on his side he is young and ambitious lets go forwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit to the Club.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.