This thread currently has 3,389 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
devon mariner
April 30, 2018, 10:26am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
I hope that the players are still up for the fight in this game and haven't got their flip flops on.   It would be nice to finish the season on a high and unbeaten in 5 games. Mr Jolley, will, I am sure prepare the players in the right way.  Come on and win, to finish above some of these other teams.

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
moss_side_mariner
April 30, 2018, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
I never thought we would be going to Forced Veganism Rovers safe from the drop. I was panicking that we would be going there needing to win. All credit to MJ and the players for the recent results and hopefully they turn in another performance like Saturday.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Croxton
April 30, 2018, 1:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Ticket just bought over phone. No stub, STH or Trust membership needed. Guess there are a few hundred left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
ginnywings
April 30, 2018, 1:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Croxton
Ticket just bought over phone. No stub, STH or Trust membership needed. Guess there are a few hundred left.

My brother and nephew have tickets but have decided not to go now. They were going to back the team if we needed a result, but have decided to return their tickets and get a refund. It's a long way and an expensive trip for a nothing match for some.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
wigworld
April 30, 2018, 1:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Wish I could make it, will be a great party. I think It will be a more enjoyable day than if we were needing the points.

(Remember the Trophy final the other year, weekend after we gained Promotion? Fantastic day out, even though we lost!).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 11
Les Brechin
April 30, 2018, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from ginnywings

My brother and nephew have tickets but have decided not to go now. They were going to back the team if we needed a result, but have decided to return their tickets and get a refund. It's a long way and an expensive trip for a nothing match for some.

PAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTYYYYYYY

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
ginnywings
April 30, 2018, 2:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Les Brechin

PAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTYYYYYYY

Yeah i know, but my brother hasn't got a lot of money and my nephew is a young married man with a kid, who is going to work instead to earn some extra money. I see the post i made is getting crossed, but none of you know the circumstances they are both in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Cloudy
April 30, 2018, 3:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings

I dont blame them tbh. I would have gone if we needed the points but as I dont normally do pre season friendlies I will give this a miss!

I have seen others say it will be a party but I just dont see this season as anything to celebrate. Hopefully next season will be different
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Les Brechin
April 30, 2018, 3:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Cloudy

I dont blame them tbh. I would have gone if we needed the points but as I dont normally do pre season friendlies I will give this a miss!

I have seen others say it will be a party but I just dont see this season as anything to celebrate. Hopefully next season will be different

As a whole, no the season's not worth celebrating. What is worth celebrating is the job that Michael Jolley has done in his short time here and how he's turned a bunch of mainly awful players into a half decent team.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
The_Laughing_Mariner
April 30, 2018, 4:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
This season has been a true embarrassment both on and off the field.  We all know who are to blame for that.  We sll know who to credit for it all coming right in the end.
Lets celebrate the fact that this truly truly awful season has finally ended, put it to bed and looked forward toa brighter future.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.