MJ fan`s forum

This thread currently has 4,457 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Townee82
April 30, 2018, 6:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
He has shown some commitment to the cause with his plans to live local , I'm not sure how that's going . But one of his main qualities is his ambition and that could limit his time with us as our reluctance to invest make the majority of other clubs a better proposition , and success next season will bring them sniffing (ala  Hurst ) all we can hope is his head will only be turned by one of the big boys .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
TheGoalKipper
April 30, 2018, 8:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Be good to hear from him all the same and be nice for fan`s to ask him some questions about how he sees his time so far and with a lot of fans wanting him rewarded with a 2-3 year deal does he see himself being here that long etc? The timing may be better suited to August but personally if the Trust could deliver why not have it in June with the World Cup on and with everyone relaxed lets just talk football. The way MJ comes across he could do himself a power of good and give ST Sales a huge boost at just the right time?UTM

There are two things that make a good coach.

1) Motivate and manage the team well

2) Be able to recognise and recruit talent.

I am very happy to tick box 1 but we have no idea what he can do in terms of recruitment.

To give him a 2 or 3 year contract now based on what we have seen so far is making the sme sort of hasty judgements that people throw at our chairman. If the manager wants to go after 1 season he will go but at this stage of his career he has a lot to prove and this is the size of club (in this division) that can easily enhance his cv if he can do the business and get us back into L1 inside 2 seasons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
mariner83
May 1, 2018, 7:12am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Not sure what happened to the 2nd part, I'll try again.

[tweet]76909181428133888[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
forza ivano
May 1, 2018, 9:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
What would be nice would be a meet between Lawrie mac and jolley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Southwark Mariner
May 8, 2018, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
I noticed Jolley has the FA's Elite Coaches award but I'd not heard of it so had a quick google. It's actually a pretty big deal. Essentially, the FA chose 16 promising coaches they thought had the potential to one day manage England or manage in the Premiership.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s.....-stars/#f28321273e73
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Gaffer58
May 8, 2018, 6:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I noticed Jolley has the FA's Elite Coaches award but I'd not heard of it so had a quick google. It's actually a pretty big deal. Essentially, the FA chose 16 promising coaches they thought had the potential to one day manage England or manage in the Premiership.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s.....-stars/#f28321273e73

Them useless buggers at the FA, fancy overlooking Slade for this award!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Mrs Doyle
May 8, 2018, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It’s nice to milk the moment Mickey but what could Jolley say about his plans? He cannot give names of targets even after the retained list is published. He cannot give ideas on how we will play or what positions he wants to strengthen. He cannot say how much he has to spend. It would be a nice night of celebration no doubt but there will be other occasions for that. I just cannot see that putting Jolley on the spot re transfers is any help to us or him.

This times hundred would not want M.J. becoming another one to fall out with Fenty and the board just keep do what you are doing Mike.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
HackneyHaddock
May 8, 2018, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I like the idea of this more than the reality.  

If it's "an audience with" type format, where someone interviews Michael, with the odd pre-selected question about his footballing philosophy, how he's learned from others, previous career, then it could be interesting.  However, it's more likely to descend into people asking about why their favourite player was subbed off, or why hasn't Jolley signed X, or does he wish Fenty would f off.

So in all, no good can come of it.  Leave well alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Freemoash88
May 8, 2018, 7:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Personally I feel these fans forums and club statements come around far to often. I’d rather him knuckle down and crack on and get us a competitive squad for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ fan`s forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.