Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst or Michael Jolley
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Who would you rather have in charge on our club?
Paul Hurst
Michael Jolley
  View Results 112 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Paul Hurst or Michael Jolley

This thread currently has 5,321 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
AussieMariner
April 29, 2018, 4:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from AussieMariner
Risk averse vs risk manager for me.
Interesting article last week (think it was the Independent and mentioned on here) about how Jolley applies risk management principles to his decision making in football.
It appears to me that he works out the outcome he wants and then makes decisions that have the best odds of achieving it - a good example was yesterday when he withdrew the Osborne substitution as soon as they scored, and brought on Jackson instead. This makes him pro-active and positive where I always felt Hurst was more re-active and negative.
Pretty sure that Hurst would have had Osborne or another defender on for an attacking player after 70 mins or earlier.

I should add that I always supported Hurst but probably on the basis of ‘better the devil you know’ and that he would provide stability.
Jolley is a different animal altogether and under him there is a real prospect of progress both on and off the field. I know some will say it’s premature to make that call, but just look at the difference in atmosphere around the place in 2 short, high pressure months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
grimps
April 29, 2018, 4:20pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
Hurst could make a team full of talented players look awful , Jolley has made a team full of no hopers look good so far .
Hurst also lost most of our must win games were Jolly seems to have won many of his with a team full of under dogs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
MeanwoodMariner
April 29, 2018, 4:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I was always a Hurst fan and still think his achievement of 4 consecutive top 4 finishes is under appreciated. However, it's Jolley by a mile for me. He's done absolutely everything right since he came in, has the perfect attitude and I can't wait to see what he does next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Paris Mariner
April 29, 2018, 4:54pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Pointless poll. Jolley is in charge, Hurst left.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 30
grimsbybrown
April 29, 2018, 5:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Interesting question - and I think we’d all like to feel we now have the best manager of the two - but until we’ve seen Jolley’s ability to recruit players and come through the ups and downs of a long season it’s too early to call..

That said, I can’t imagine MJ cupping his ears at the fans whatever the provocation - that moment suggested to me Paul Hurst had his limitations - it would have been far classier to rise above everything - the writing was on the wall for me as soon as that had happened.

So, ask again this time next year!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
cmackenzie4
April 29, 2018, 5:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Jolley - I’ve got a good feeling about him, I couldn't see Hurst coming in and changing the team around as quick as what Jolley has, Jolley has got this team believing and brought out the best in them in a matter of weeks, no brainer for me.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
OllieGTFC
April 29, 2018, 6:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Ask me this time next season

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2018, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Ask me this time next season

There is no fun in that - we will all know by then!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
acko338
April 29, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I want the hairs on the back of my neck to rise in anticipation of new signings next year.

Let's get Jolley signed up and see who he has on his wanted list.

It could be ground level football next year and I can see Clifton being an early pick every game.

His merry band of under performing players must have listened, taken notice, and acted professionally to keep us in this league. He may even ferl that he can get more out of the fringe players - Fox being deserving of a deal next year, and Clifton being given a run in midfield.

Younger , more solid, defense next year, please, and forwards who can find the net.

I wonder if any fringe players will get a run out or he will try to go out with a win?

Plenty of scope with so many loan players going back - will any be freed and will any be in his sights for next season?

Good feeling to be looking forward to next season already !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
chaos33
April 29, 2018, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Daddy or chips?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst or Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.