Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?

This thread currently has 4,419 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
April 30, 2018, 10:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not weird at all.  Just shows how badly run the club is that we've had to endure a relegation scrap, (4th in the last 5 season in the Football League) despite the fact we have far greater resources available to us.

Wasnt comparing them with us but Stanley have outstripped Coventry and Luton with gates of 1900 and Macclesfield, up against Tranmere, Wrexham etc
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
ginnywings
April 30, 2018, 12:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I think once again, the fans have kept very loyal in the face of some abject offerings, on and off the pitch. Some of the stuff mentioned that has come from the club this season is dreadful, coupled with the absolutely dire "football" on the pitch. The word that has kept popping into my head all season has been "smug". There are now some posters on this board who are clearly aligned with the board of GTFC, and still they keep having a dig at the fans, the very lifeblood of the club. The fans have stepped up to the plate once again, backing the team to the hilt once we got someone in who we could all believe in. To think there would be no rumblings of discontent while we had to sit and watch the team being dismantled by a football has been, and his dreadful brand of football is just astonishing. Were we expected to sit there and "shut up" while we watched the incompetence all around us? The last handful of home games has shown what we are about as fans, backing the team loud and proud, when we see what we expect to see on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
grimsby pete
April 30, 2018, 12:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Cloudy

Wasnt comparing them with us but Stanley have outstripped Coventry and Luton with gates of 1900 and Macclesfield, up against Tranmere, Wrexham etc

Both clubs have got good managers that have been there for years,

I doubt either of them would have got promoted if Slade was their manager.

Just my opinion  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
TheGoalKipper
April 30, 2018, 1:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Our fanbase is big enough to make our club one competitive in this division IF we have the right manager. Stanley not only have the right manager but are obviously good at spotting young talent and giving them a chance in the first team - which means they get a lower wage bill. As the manager admitted on Talk Sport 2 nights back it helps when you are located in the North West and surrounded by clubs like Man city etc. which helps them pick up lads who are good but not good quite enough for the Premier Leauge. It does mean they have to replace these lads regularly if they cant up their wages after a year or so to just stand still

We know MJ can manage. To be succesfull he must now show he can identify and bring to the club the quality players we need when we release those players who move on now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
lukeo
May 1, 2018, 7:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,346
Gold Stars: 142
Good start by the club getting season tickets up and running early. Also good by the club to get MJ to talk after the game to the crowd. Also good that Fenty has stepped back of late.. Let's hope its the start of better things... I'm not sure what peplke expect, yes I was appalled about bragate. I was there I knew someone who was 'a victim' but its gone now and just don't visit Stevenage ever again or take banners etc. I think the club could do some sort of statement with a small apology on Slade, bragate and asking us to back MJ  for the coming season to finish it.. I personally don't care about 1 but I know a few people are still waiting and annoyed.

Anyway, we're staying up. Things are looking good under MJ so let the good times roll!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.