Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 244 Guests

Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?

This thread currently has 4,417 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2018, 12:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not disputing that what was happening on the pitch was garbage. I just don't consider all the moaning that's been going on for most of the season to be "first class support". Support is getting behind the team, that didn't happen even when we were in a decent league position under Slade.

Look at how many marveled to away games this season whilst we where under Salde - That for me is getting behind the team. You buy a ticket you're entitled to an opinion in my view regardless of what that opinion is.  

What do you expect people to do applaud poor performance and defeats?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 3:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not disputing that what was happening on the pitch was garbage. I just don't consider all the moaning that's been going on for most of the season to be "first class support". Support is getting behind the team, that didn't happen even when we were in a decent league position under Slade.

You're not Marley are you by any chance? You seem to be using his kind of language. i.e. patronising and telling people to 'shut up'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Jaws
April 29, 2018, 5:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Average home attendance under Slade: 4290
Average home attendance under Slade in 2018 (his last 5 games): 3633

Average home attendance under Jolley (5 games): 5979

The attendance for the games under Jolley was around 40% higher than the average up until then or 65% higher for his 5 games compared to Slade's final 5 games.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Cloudy
April 29, 2018, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Weird that Macclesfield have won the National league at a canter and Stanley champions of League 2 on average crowds of 1600 & 1900 respectively
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 29, 2018, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,648
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Jaws
Average home attendance under Slade: 4290
Average home attendance under Slade in 2018 (his last 5 games): 3633

Average home attendance under Jolley (5 games): 5979

The attendance for the games under Jolley was around 40% higher than the average up until then or 65% higher for his 5 games compared to Slade's final 5 games.

To be fair big following from both Chesterfield and Notts County helped but would still be over 5000 I believe without this so attendance wise pretty damn good given that only the Swindon and Notts County games have seen us play any quality football. Some of late have been tension ridden as we tried to stop the rot but the rest is best forgotten in what has been the worst L2 I can remember typified by Wycombe getting automatic promotion and Notts County in play offs neither particularly good sides and atrocious to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Bigdog
April 30, 2018, 7:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

And this comment underlines how the board and its supporters expects GTFC fans, "the ordinary people", to act, like brain dead lemmings, because that's how they portray them in their heads..

What you're forgetting Pen Penfas is, it wasn't entirely due to the garbage served upon the pitch by Slade. Bragate, the poor treatment of Kristine Green, Matt Dean and the Fan's Forum fiasco, condescending club statements, being called vile, bullies and being told to "shut up" had hell of a lot to do with the gates, atmosphere and patience too. Or have you airbrushed that lot from your memory?

All on top of fifteen years of the worst period in the club's history, broken promises regarding the new stadium and you still want to stick the boot into the fans.. it's a bit sickening to be honest..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
1mickylyons
April 30, 2018, 8:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Bigdog

And this comment underlines how the board and its supporters expects GTFC fans, "the ordinary people", to act, like brain dead lemmings, because that's how they portray them in their heads..

What you're forgetting Pen Penfas is, it wasn't entirely due to the garbage served upon the pitch by Slade. Bragate, the poor treatment of Kristine Green, Matt Dean and the Fan's Forum fiasco, condescending club statements, being called vile, bullies and being told to "shut up" had hell of a lot to do with the gates, atmosphere and patience too. Or have you airbrushed that lot from your memory?

All on top of fifteen years of the worst period in the club's history, broken promises regarding the new stadium and you still want to stick the boot into the fans.. it's a bit sickening to be honest..

The above post is precisely why it`s next Season`s gates that need to be the Club`s priority now.Yes the decision to release Season Tickets for sale now is a positive step BUT not nearly enough that announcement needed to go out with a statement and an apology for once again putting them through the mill due to terrible Manager decisions post PH.That`s done now what the Club MUST do is build bridges off the pitch. The fans want MJ signed up longer term and in my opinion he deserves that reward as do the handful of players we want to retain don`t faff about get them tied down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Bristol Mariner
April 30, 2018, 8:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

Pen - you've shortened your christian name again.....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
gytone
April 30, 2018, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
[quote=136845This is spot on 👍

All on top of fifteen years of the worst period in the club's history, broken promises regarding the new stadium and you still want to stick the boot into the fans.. it's a bit sickening to be honest..[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
diehardmariner
April 30, 2018, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Cloudy
Weird that Macclesfield have won the National league at a canter and Stanley champions of League 2 on average crowds of 1600 & 1900 respectively

Not weird at all.  Just shows how badly run the club is that we've had to endure a relegation scrap, (4th in the last 5 season in the Football League) despite the fact we have far greater resources available to us.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd yesterday and gates this season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.