Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When was the last time?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 430 Guests

When was the last time?

This thread currently has 1,945 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
sutton mariner
April 28, 2018, 10:37pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
We had a manager that two months into their job, they were universally liked by more than 90% of the fans? I can’t think of any in my era

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
April 29, 2018, 3:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
McMenemy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
fiveallive
April 29, 2018, 4:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Jolley has taken to the fans using the right words and PR to win fans over and has gotten results when we got hammered at Lincoln and Wycombe, i can't believe the the turn around since.

I can't see Paul Hurst doing what Jolley did after the game ended yesterday. Hurst would have just ignored the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 3:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fiveallive
Jolley has taken to the fans using the right words and PR to win fans over and has gotten results when we got hammered at Lincoln and Wycombe, i can't believe the the turn around since.

I can't see Paul Hurst doing what Jolley did after the game ended yesterday. Hurst would have just ignored the fans.

Or cupped his ear.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
grimps
April 29, 2018, 3:22pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
The fans being able to see a vast improvment helps alot too , We've had good talkers here before but if you're not getting the results it means nothing.
Buckley and Hurst wasn't very good with the press but managed to get us promoted.
Anyone that seemed to have got that bunch of no hopers playing like a team must have some talent and deserves a decent contract and to be well backed in the transfer market
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2018, 3:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Or cupped his ear.

What like Mitch Rose did right in front of the Swindon fans last week?

10 points out of the last 15 has helped MJ's cause, but he just "gets it" and uses his intelligence wisely.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 3:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What like Mitch Rose did right in front of the Swindon fans last week?

10 points out of the last 15 has helped MJ's cause, but he just "gets it" and uses his intelligence wisely.  

Yeah. That was a bit naughty. Could have got himself in trouble.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
hampshiremariner
April 29, 2018, 7:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from grimps
The fans being able to see a vast improvment helps alot too , We've had good talkers here before but if you're not getting the results it means nothing.
Buckley and Hurst wasn't very good with the press but managed to get us promoted.
Anyone that seemed to have got that bunch of no hopers playing like a team must have some talent and deserves a decent contract and to be well backed in the transfer market

Jolley's CV makes very interesting reading. Got all the badges, worked at a load of clubs and Sean Dyche thinks highly of him. Dyche has done a great job at Burnley, talks good sense and is straight talking and honest. I would trust his judgement. Jolley has a degree from Cambridge University and, although this does not make you a good football manager per se, you do need some intelligence to get into the place. I think we were lucky to get him. He look a risk and backed himself. Clearly self-confident and he has turned round a hopeless situation. I hope he gets a contract and a good one. I haven't sat behind the dug out with Jolley, but I did three times in Slade's first spell at the club. When games weren't going our way he appeared to have little idea what to do and that baseball cap did not do much for his image. They say never go back and I think there is a ring of truth to that. Slade was not popular so to have him back was a big risk. Now we have a fresh, highly intelligent guy who has great potential. Give him a decent contract to get him on board!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2018, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from hampshiremariner

Jolley's CV makes very interesting reading. Got all the badges, worked at a load of clubs and Sean Dyche thinks highly of him. Dyche has done a great job at Burnley, talks good sense and is straight talking and honest. I would trust his judgement. Jolley has a degree from Cambridge University and, although this does not make you a good football manager per se, you do need some intelligence to get into the place. I think we were lucky to get him. He look a risk and backed himself. Clearly self-confident and he has turned round a hopeless situation. I hope he gets a contract and a good one. I haven't sat behind the dug out with Jolley, but I did three times in Slade's first spell at the club. When games weren't going our way he appeared to have little idea what to do and that baseball cap did not do much for his image. They say never go back and I think there is a ring of truth to that. Slade was not popular so to have him back was a big risk. Now we have a fresh, highly intelligent guy who has great potential. Give him a decent contract to get him on board!

I thought it was interesting when you read a couple of articles he talks about the impact 9/11 had on him and how that brings perspective. Having perspective is a rare thing in a football manger but a quality that I'm sure will count in your favor especially with keeping players wanting to play for you.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
IlkleyMariner
April 29, 2018, 8:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Early signs I know, but looks like we might have a promising manager on our hands.
He has not blamed anybody but has just squeezed the last drop of performance out of a previously poor squad.

We don't know about the physical performance of any of our players but MJ will do. Also we don't know about the mental strength of any player. He will.

On face value, looks like Mitch rose,Jjh, summerfield, Harry c, James mc, foxy, r HJ,should form part of our squad
We don't know whether dc, nc,  be, mw have the fitness needed next season, but all are welcome if they have.
Not sure zm, sd will be with us next year..their choice

Thank you and goodbye to pd, sm, jb, gm, ko, sv, Jm, sk even if we need to buy out contracts

Hc runs a lot and tries hard, but is he going to score?
Other loanees will leave and not sure who could stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When was the last time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.