Kris2
May 2, 2018, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings
Well i had to watch it again, just to be sure.

Seeing those highlights with a bit more perspective now, our fears about Boyeson being anti GTFC were put to bed. There was two or three penalty shouts for Notts in that game, all waved away.

One of them was a pretty good shout too. A lot more than the last penalty we were given  
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
AussieMariner
May 2, 2018, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from RonMariner
Worth a bump I think!

I notice that when Clarke scored all nine other outfield players were surrounding him in the celebrations! For the second I think all 11 were involved in the celebrations.

Proper team spirit that.

Funny you use the word proper as it’s been going through my mind a lot since Saturday

Proper traditional football ground
Proper supporters
Proper home performance playing proper football and as you say, proper team spirit
Proper manager
Proper celebration even though it was only for avoiding an awful fate

Proper proud to be GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
mike502
May 2, 2018, 6:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +328
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Kris2

I want to know why they stopped including full game recordings for people with a paid subscription. Now the only thing you get when you pay is the live commentary unless you live abroad so it's really not worth it. You get highlights half a day earlier and one or two exclusive interviews but that's hardly a reason to pay. They need to bring back game recordings and include John Moore commentary. If they did that I'd actually pay for a subscription so I can enjoy watching games again.

You can get the full game recording (no commentary) via the app, but it's well hidden. You need to click on results at the bottom of the home page, then you'll see links to the full recordings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
AussieMariner
May 2, 2018, 7:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from mike502

You can get the full game recording (no commentary) via the app, but it's well hidden. You need to click on results at the bottom of the home page, then you'll see links to the full recordings.

Thanks for that info Mike - very useful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
arryarryarry
May 2, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from sapper mariner

The highlights from sky are recorded over I think. I like the style of the old highlights better.

Correct, I assume the commentator is just sat in a room somewhere dubbing the commentary sometime after the game.

The GTFC Video crew still cover the games and I assume it is their coverage that appears on the big screen and in the bars during the game probably because there may be issues with rights to the Sky coverage also I assume no one at the club has to edit the highlights any more as they are now provided by a third party.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
mariner83
May 3, 2018, 7:26am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
James McKeeeeeown arrrrggghhh
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
chipsandgravy
May 3, 2018, 12:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Was that Matt goal better than Arnold's at Wembley?  

Don't know but I celebrated the same lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
RichMariner
May 3, 2018, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
There were two penalty shouts in front of the pontoon - one where Rose (I think) nicked the ball away from the blind side, which wasn't a pen, and another when one of their players completely scuffed his first touch out for a goal kick.

One of our defenders (Fox maybe) went sliding in, and from the camera angle it looks dodgy, but I was sat in front of that challenge and it was definitely not a penalty.

The only shout that looked decent for them was the handball just before McKeown makes that incredible save.

Must admit, Boyeson had a very good game.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights vs Notts C

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.