Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices frozen!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 174 Guests

Season ticket prices frozen!

This thread currently has 5,532 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
April 28, 2018, 9:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
To put this into perspective, we scored only 20 goals in our 23 home games and only managed to win 6 times. We had the 23rd best record at home in league 2 this season. We sold our better players in January and signed low quality cheaper replacements. We had a 20 game run without a win.  We’ve narrowly avoided relegation.

And people are doing cartwheels becuase the club have frozen the prices for a limited period. I’m assuming this means matchday prices will rise.

Any sort of real discount for season ticket holders and an actual apology for the mess would’ve been a huge step forward. It’s great that they’ve got them on sale, but a temporary freeze on prices is a huge missed opportunity and an insult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2018, 9:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That's a good start and full credit for whoever made the decsion.

Now please sort something for shift workers. Maybe discounted packs of 10 and 15 tickets. Guarantee the club a bit of extra cash to help budgetting/cash reserve.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Davec
April 28, 2018, 9:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from bax
They’ve actually been increased. They’re just frozen for a certain period of time.

Good on the club for bringing sales forward though.

Is the price increase in July then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
moosey_club
April 28, 2018, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner
To put this into perspective, we scored only 20 goals in our 23 home games and only managed to win 6 times. We had the 23rd best record at home in league 2 this season. We sold our better players in January and signed low quality cheaper replacements. We had a 20 game run without a win.  We’ve narrowly avoided relegation.

And people are doing cartwheels becuase the club have frozen the prices for a limited period. I’m assuming this means matchday prices will rise.

Any sort of real discount for season ticket holders and an actual apology for the mess would’ve been a huge step forward. It’s great that they’ve got them on sale, but a temporary freeze on prices is a huge missed opportunity and an insult.

Kind of agree but lets face it, when we helped the club with OP , rallied round following a Wembley defeat and saw the club back into the League (thats our version of events anyway even if the official line is OP didnt matter) we were presented a price increase so what chance on earth did you actually think we would get any kind of reduction ??
The FACT we have not yet achieved even our most basic of targets for this season .." get 50 points as soon as possible and then push on..play offs."..etc etc and performed  miserably ,as you have demonstrated, throughout the season shouldnt influence prices...   should it ??

Given that it is clearly on record from this time last season, that prices would be increasing then unfortunately a freeze is all we could hope for at best.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
April 28, 2018, 10:01pm
Guest User
To be fair everytime we put offers on, the attendances don’t increase massively. It’s a bit of a risky business model to take a risk of reducing season ticket prices when the increase in ticket sales might not make you a profit. Of course I want cheaper season tickets but this may mean a cut in the budget. To be honest after this season I can’t see many people other than the 3000 die hards wanting to buy a season ticket (even at a reduced price).
Reply: 14 - 28
April 28, 2018, 10:08pm
Guest User
The first step before next season starts should be the board apologising the the fans for making us endure our 4th relagation battle in the last 5 season of being in the football league. You can try and get MJ to spread positivity around the club but as long as certain members of the board are associated with the club then the anamosity will just trapped and ready to be released at any opportunity.
Reply: 15 - 28
Cloudy
April 28, 2018, 11:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Look forward not back.

This is a positive, matches what many have asked for, now the ball is in the fans court to support MJ and his rebuilding.

Stop moaning support or shut up. Choice is yours
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
HertsGTFC
April 28, 2018, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228

Do you find the atmosphere difficult to deal with on this planet?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
lukeo
April 29, 2018, 7:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Positive move from the club, anyone up until a few weeks ago have every right to have a moan about a ST reduction after  a excrement season. For me you have to look at how we've done since MJ has settled in. For me putting them up now and freezing the price is A brilliant idea and well done to gtfc for that. I for one feel, providing he's given a half decent sized budget (assuming early ST sales will be an indication to the size) he will do very well this year.
For me a top half finish should be our aim, but  I genuinely believe with the right characters and budget MJ Could go far for us. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Zmariner
April 29, 2018, 7:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44

Still delighted to get one and I am doing cartwheels
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices frozen!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.