4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 30, 2018, 4:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Ipswin

I am still far from convinced in fact the ridiculous surge of hero worship currently directed at him simply for avoiding relegation (which Slade might have achieved anyway - we will never know) does nothing to persuade me and how the players had the bare faced cheek  after the crap they dished up during the season to go on a lap of honour carrying their kids like they had actually won summat I'll never know

However we did avoid relegation under Jolley and as promised I have feasted on humble pie as promised since Saturday, He was the man to take us to safety and I was wrong but it will take more than scraping a few points together courtesy mainly of three penalties at the bottom-end of the season for me to elevate him to Godlike status and start licking his bottom like many on here

Christ, just be happy for once in your life. We're staying up, no matter how it happened, it has happened. Just enjoy the fact that we'll not be off to Bromley, Solihull, Barrow and the like next season. Enjoy the summer, watch The World Cup (on second thought's maybe not as England will no doubt depress us all again) and then let Mr Jolley build a team that we can be proud of again.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Badger57
April 30, 2018, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Ipswin

I am still far from convinced in fact the ridiculous surge of hero worship currently directed at him simply for avoiding relegation (which Slade might have achieved anyway

Are you for real???
We were sinking like the Titanic whilst Judas was rearranging the deck chairs. We'd have been sunk without trace weeks ago if that useless twit was still in charge with 99.9999% certainty.
Jolley has done an amazing job in a very short period of time. Not a miracle but not far short either. The football at times on Saturday was sublime. Best for ages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
friskneymariner
April 30, 2018, 4:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Slade might have saved us?what planet are you living on.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
AussieMariner
April 30, 2018, 5:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
It’s not hero worship, just credit where credit’s due and showing a bit of gratitude for his hard work.
Hurst was conservative to the point of being negative, Bignot was chaotic, Slade was shambolic and we now have Jolley.
Calm, considered, calculating, positive, lucky and ultimately, to date at least, successful.
What are we supposed to do? Just give him a grudging ‘not bad lad but you’ve still got a lot to prove’?
FFS lets celebrate avoiding an awful fate, and if it all goes pear shaped next season Ipswin and the rest of the moaning brigade can say they told us so. But it won’t so long as Jolley is given half a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
RonMariner
April 30, 2018, 6:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Ipswin

I am still far from convinced in fact the ridiculous surge of hero worship currently directed at him simply for avoiding relegation (which Slade might have achieved anyway - we will never know)

I think we can have a reasonable guess though

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
newarkmariner
April 30, 2018, 6:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
wow Ipswin you really are a male private ,jog on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
ginnywings
April 30, 2018, 8:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We went from rock bottom of the form guide to 4th in the space of weeks. Not only that, we played some of the best football i have seen at BP for years in that victory on Saturday. It was no fluke and we outplayed a side gunning for automatic promotion. He couldn't have really done any better considering his management inexperience, and if he does nothing more than that in his time here, he deserves massive praise for what he has done this season. Swin enjoys swimming against the tide, so i wouldn't take too much notice of him, because if he is a true Town fan, and i suspect he is, then he will be just as ecstatic as everyone else for what Jolley has achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
hheh2
April 30, 2018, 8:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Ipswin deserves twit of the week for that post

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
oochiad
April 30, 2018, 9:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Unbelievable! I know everyone’s entitled to their opinion but really? Slade might of achieved anyway? Are you for real or do you watch the games with your eyes shut or do you go to many games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
diehardmariner
May 1, 2018, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,091
Gold Stars: 520

To be honest I wasn't sure we had made the right decision in appointing a certain Mr. Jolley. I thought the situation might need a Martin Allen type to galvanise our under achieving players by giving them a rocket up the a***e.

However, now that we are safe, it is undeniable that he has the wow factor which will be great for next season and beyond.

As long as the club support him properly the future on the field should be much brighter.

Exactly my stance, I felt we needed a fire-fighter and that appointing someone who was looking to install a philosophy was far too risky in a relegation scrap.  Especially one so inexperienced at this level.

Some of his early selections baffled me, I compared his constant chopping and changing to Bignot and I thought that for all his good intentions he wasn't going to keep us up.

How wrong I was.  Patience is a virtue and I clearly have none.  The guy has worked a miracle here, no two ways about it. The way he's transformed a side that was on its backside into the one we saw on Saturday excites me for what he can do with a full summer to pick his own players and really install what he wants to see.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.