4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 28, 2018, 8:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Thank you,thank you,thank you.I am sat here in my local in the middle of nowhere getting gently drunk and with tears in my eyes as i contemplate what you have achieved. For all too rare an occasion i am wearing My town shirt with pride.  It's up there with the 3 Wembley finals.
The great thing is that I think you actually do understand what this means to thousands,and I mean thousands of people, who's history is wrapped up in this club from this little remote seaport with its poverty and it's problems and it's image problem. And you have made us proud again
I can't write too much more cos I'm too emotional.God am I looking forward to next season.You can have got yourself a real opportunity .just be aware that when gy gets behind its club and gets its momentum you will be going on a special special ride.thank you again.enjoy your evening and if you ever find your way to North marston there's a bottle of Portuguese red with your name on behind thebar
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
April 29, 2018, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Still stand by those words but,christ,am I hanging this morning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
Poojah
April 29, 2018, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from forza ivano
Thank you,thank you,thank you.I am sat here in my local in the middle of nowhere getting gently drunk and with tears in my eyes as i contemplate what you have achieved. For all too rare an occasion i am wearing My town shirt with pride.  It's up there with the 3 Wembley finals.
The great thing is that I think you actually do understand what this means to thousands,and I mean thousands of people, who's history is wrapped up in this club from this little remote seaport with its poverty and it's problems and it's image problem. And you have made us proud again
I can't write too much more cos I'm too emotional.God am I looking forward to next season.You can have got yourself a real opportunity .just be aware that when gy gets behind its club and gets its momentum you will be going on a special special ride.thank you again.enjoy your evening and if you ever find your way to North marston there's a bottle of Portuguese red with your name on behind thebar

Inebriated poetry - sums it up perfectly for me. And I know how you feel, some serious hair of the dog required this morning.

If I knew we’d need another 10 or so points when Jolley was appointed I’d have assumed we were down. It’s been a huge, huge achievement when you sit down and let it sink in.

I felt appointing Jolley was a major risk, given our predicament and his relative inexperience, but he may be, just may be, something special.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
jonnyboy82
April 29, 2018, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Well put forza.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Grimal
April 29, 2018, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from forza ivano
Still stand by those words but,christ,am I hanging this morning

Hope you didn't drink your local dry last nIght Forza and then have to revert to the Bottle you had left behind the bar for MJ.   Great post mate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
ginnywings
April 29, 2018, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I thought it was a good idea to come home at 3 am already smashed and then drink a bottle of white wine we had in the fridge. I don't even like white wine. My head certainly doesn't like white wine today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
grimsby pete
April 29, 2018, 12:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I just had a feeling MJ would be the man and he proved me right,

Not that my mate Swin (Ipswin ) was convinced  

Come on Swin tell us your thoughts now mate.

Well done Michael if you stay long enough I am convinced you will go down as the most popular manager in Towns history.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
sonofmadeleymariner
April 29, 2018, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not that my mate Swin (Ipswin ) was convinced  

Come on Swin tell us your thoughts now mate.

I was thinking the same thing today Pete. I would love to know if MJ has won you over now Swin or are you still not convinced?

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
chipsandgravy
April 29, 2018, 1:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Thought I would give it a day before posting. Had so many mixed thoughts yesterday but I celebrated our winner like I did at Wembley. You realise then how much it means and I have supported them for 35 years now.
I came to the match yesterday wanting this season to end as by and large it's been so painful don't really think I enjoyed any match or any period to be honest.
I now am looking forward to next season and the obligatory signing alerts/rumours throughout the summer. I am also honestly looking forward to see what sort of team Jolley builds on his own merits.
Two things stood out for me yesterday apart from the result was Macca's run from his box to celebrate the winner with his team mates and what it meant to Clifton, the local boy gets it!!
Finally, and I know it won't be popular, but seeing Fenty celebrate like the rest of us fans showed how much it meant to him as well. I hope that through all of this and all the mistakes made we can pull together and move the club forward because I think just maybe we now have a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
acko338
April 29, 2018, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Big risk from Fenty putting his, and our, trust in a seemingly inexperienced manager in a do or die situation.

Now let's see some funds for him as 5,500 to 6,000 + fans (hopefully more with success) could be the norm next year as doubters return to the fold.

Could he turn into a modern day Lawrie Mac ?? He has made a great early impression.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear michael

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.