7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 28, 2018, 5:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Wow! What an ending to an awful season! But wow. Slme ohtstanding performances today from certain players, i thought hooper and clarke, both much maligned throughout the season were superb, my MOM was Summerfield. Now we can all just rest. Mention to Jolley, what a job he has done sortinf out slades mess. Phew!!!!! UTFM for next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
April 28, 2018, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Listen , credit were its due every player played there heart out today and every one was immense.

Well done lads and well done michael jolley.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
sonofmadeleymariner
April 28, 2018, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
As above everyone played out of their skins today. Fans were loud and proud and Notts County looked shell shocked from start to finish.

Credit to Jolley who has performed a miricle.

UTM

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
jock dock tower
April 28, 2018, 5:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
We should write a letter to hi holiness the Pope in the Vatican seeking canonisation of Lord Michael. Failing that he should be allowed to graze his sheep free of charge for the rest of his natural life over the West Marsh.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2018, 5:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,926
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from jock dock tower
We should write a letter to hi holiness the Pope in the Vatican seeking canonisation of Lord Michael. Failing that he should be allowed to graze his sheep free of charge for the rest of his natural life over the West Marsh.

The sheep would get nicked though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
MuddyWaters
April 28, 2018, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The sheep would get nicked though

And probably worse  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
ginnywings
April 28, 2018, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Thoroughly deserved win. We were the better side from start to finish and if Notts County is the standard needed to get to the top of the league, it shouldn't take much to get there. Jolley has totally transformed the players and the team. Left and right sides of the pitch look far better with Fox, Hooper, RHJ and Clifton. If we had a decent striker to finish off the moves, we would have battered them. For about ten minutes, when Barnet scored and then they equalised, it looked like we were going to undeservedly miss our chance, but for once in a blue moon a striker scored and it couldn't have been at a better time. Clarke's goal was put away like a seasoned front man, passing the ball into the net.

Think that is the best i have seen us play for a long long time and i'm glad we decided it for ourselves and not had to rely on others. A very rare great day at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
GrimsbyHarry
April 28, 2018, 6:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +55
Every player deserves MOTM. Best game I have been to in a while. Jolley truly is a saviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
Badger57
April 28, 2018, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Just when you think you've seen and experienced everything in football you get a game like THAT!
AMAZING, just an amazing rush at the end and not afraid to say I blubbed like a baby at the end. 😂😂😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
Cloudy
April 28, 2018, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
The term  'stealing a living' has been thrown at Clarke and Hooper on many occasions on The Fishy.

Both were fantastic today. It meant something to them and maybe it was more to do with frustration having to play under Slade? Whatever Jolley has got them working for he team.

McKeowns wonder save then, I have to say, he went walkabout for their goal. Matt rose to head the winner under the nose of the appalling Notts keeper. They were a team of experienced journeymen with a nigly windup team ethic. Thought they were largely poor and would expect Cov or Lincoln to beat them comfortably in the play offs
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.