mariner91
April 28, 2018, 11:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
I have to say they all played well but a major incident in the game won it for me. The save by Macca. I know it didn't win the game in itself but at the time it was 1-0 with plenty of time left. If we'd have conceded then things might have been different. He seemed to claw it out from behind him.

I really, really hope that we get to see this save in the extended highlights. What an unbelievable piece of goalkeeping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
bobbyturtle
April 28, 2018, 11:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
where are the extended highlights, the short version isnt even up yet, im dieing of suspense

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Maringer
April 29, 2018, 12:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Probably Summerfield again for me as well, but it was nice to see so many players give him a run for his money for a change!

Regardless of who else is playing for us next season, I hope we see Clifton playing more centrally or perhaps as one of a midfield three. He's done really well since he got into the team and deserves a chance there, despite putting in a good shift out wide for us. Calm on the ball, good feet, decent passer, good movement - just what we need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
RonMariner
April 29, 2018, 12:47am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 224
Hooper was outstanding and tore his marker to shreds, resulting in a substitution that Notts could have done without.

Ran at opponents, beat players, put in good balls, a real threat. I think the left wing spot is his for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Grumps
April 29, 2018, 8:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
Summerfield was immense and was my MOM but there were also 10 others on the pitch who gave everything and were outstanding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
newarkmariner
April 29, 2018, 8:48am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
every player was exceptional,Summers was awesome but for me it was the much maligned Clarke took his goal with such confidence and never put a foot wrong at the back has he let Ameobi go home or is he still in his pocket,UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
golfer
April 29, 2018, 8:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Summerfield for the umpteenth time this season but look how many players have improved beyond all recognition [Hooper,Woolford,Clark etc.] under M.J.   Hooper and Woolford were clearly played out of position as Slade stuck to his obsession of playing certain players to the detriment of the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man of the match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.