Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you settle for a point?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 388 Guests

The God of Football offers you a point. Do you?
Stick (74 votes)
73.27%
Twist (27 votes)
26.73%
101 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Would you settle for a point?

This thread currently has 3,667 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TheGoalKipper
April 27, 2018, 4:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
i would 100% take a point now. Notts Co are in great form and while we've improved lately we still find it extremely difficult to create any chances. I think we've got a massive task on to even avoid defeat.

Also, a point means that Morecambe would need something at Coventry next week (assuming Barnet beat them) for us to even need that extra point at FGR.

My thoughts exactly. Notts really will be going at us for the win and for us to get a draw will require a lot of luck by our defence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
arryarryarry
April 27, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Could be one of those weird days tomorrow where we lose but end up celebrating thanks to Morecambe whilst Notts Co leave feeling pretty miserable as Wycombe and Exeter have both won.

With John Fenty dancing on the pitch again.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Bigdog
April 27, 2018, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from arryarryarry

With John Fenty dancing on the pitch again.

If we're safe at the end of the game tomorrow, and after what's gone on this season, there shouldn't be a single person in the stadium that offers him a handshake, hug or thumbs up let alone carry him above their shoulders..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Cloudy
April 27, 2018, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Bloody right I would.

If Barnet win tomorrow and then beat Chesterfield and Morecambe lose at Cov then a point tomorrow would keep us up even if we lost to the veggies
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Numanoid
April 27, 2018, 8:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Get a win then chillaxxxxx   ( but still beat forest green lol)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Cloudy
April 27, 2018, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I hope there aren't any 'celebrations' tomorrow.

Even if we survive it shouldnt be cause for celebration, just revolution. This season has been an unmitigated disaster
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
promotion plaice
April 27, 2018, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Bigdog

If we're safe at the end of the game tomorrow, and after what's gone on this season, there shouldn't be a single person in the stadium that offers him a handshake, hug or thumbs up let alone carry him above their shoulders..

Agreed......on the original question I would take a point now even if it isn't enough to keep us up this Saturday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
jimgtfc
April 27, 2018, 9:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Cloudy

Even if we survive it shouldnt be cause for celebration, just revolution. This season has been an unmitigated disaster

I think any celebrations would just be a display of pure relief.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
heppy88
April 27, 2018, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Bigdog

If we are safe at the end of the game tomorrow, then the fans of this great club need to ensure it is Fenty’s last home game as non-chairman. By crook or by hook that man must be removed. Achieving league two safety is not to be celebrated. We should never have been placed in this situation in the first place. OFF season = Operation Remove Fenty. He cannot be trusted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
April 27, 2018, 9:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Cloudy

I'll celebrate like mad if we win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you settle for a point?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.