This thread currently has 4,605 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
April 26, 2018, 7:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
You always come across as such a happy man.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2018, 7:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74
Yes sell it as its means nothing to me since the old Wembley was knocked down I agree it's just a coprate bowl of excrement, I've hated it ever since they started staging the FA cup semi finals there, for me when I think of the new Wembley I just think rip-off!  nothing to do with the fans anymore it's all about the money, so get it sold good riddance and throw in the Monarchy as well buy one get one free should do it.

I disagree. You'd get more splitting up the lots, and selling them one Royal at a time.

* You could probably chuck in the relevant spouse and kids, so each multi-billionaire could have their own royal family

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
Rick12
April 26, 2018, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from horsforthmariner
So there are reports that the FA have received a bid for £800 million for Wembley.

I've got to say I hope it isn't sold. An iconic part of footballing legacy and the home of English football for a century.
Agree.Tradition for me is key.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 26, 2018, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I am a traditionalist. I hate the PL, I hate the way the top clubs have turned the FA Cup into a Mickey Mouse competition with weak teams, I hate the way the game is being tinkered with over VAR just to pander to a US football type game scenario, I hate the way Sky is allowed to ruin our national game. The England set up has been crap for years, the FA could not manage a urine party in a public toilet ..... but .......

Wembley has gone, at least the one I liked from my childhood has. The architects’ dream house is a mismanaged replacement that has cost a fortune, some of it from me and you. So why not let the FA be a customer? Why not get the public money back and let the FA hire stadia across the country for England games? As long as the deal specifies certain circumstances where FA needs have priority I can see no problem.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2018, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Echo that RRC. At least games like the FA Trophy Final and lower league playoffs will be relieved of the (FA's) need (for them) to be played at Wembley  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
Abdul19
April 26, 2018, 10:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
The FA Trophy (and Vase) final has always been at Wembley hasn't it (apart from when it got knocked down)?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2018, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Dunno Abdul. I think the forerunner, the Amateur Cup was, but not sure about the Trophy. But usually for those games the crowd rattles round in there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
BraStrap
April 26, 2018, 10:59pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +81
Gold Stars: 1
Can't understand why anyone would prefer the old Wembley. It was crap. The seats were miles from pitch and very basic. The facilities were limited.

The new Wembley is vastly better. The view is superb from every seat, the catering is far superior and the toilets clean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
gaz57
April 26, 2018, 11:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
They could sell Wembley and use the money to build a new national stadium in the midlands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
Abdul19
April 26, 2018, 11:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Dunno Abdul. I think the forerunner, the Amateur Cup was, but not sure about the Trophy. But usually for those games the crowd rattles round in there.

Aye that's true. And nearly freezes to death if the final's in bloody march

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley could be sold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.