Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not fit for modern day football...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Not fit for modern day football...

This thread currently has 6,945 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2018, 9:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

When we came up we were getting positive noises about a new ground. The Council seemed to take a more positive stance now we were back in the league and i think this put pressure on them as the clubs profile was now higher.There was no reason to think we couldnt climb up to L1 in the near future and they didnt want to be seen as holding us back. The impact of giving the managers job to Slade has completely blown all that away and we have gone into reverse. That is why we MUST NOT GET RELAGATED.

If we dont, we can still turn this around next season. We have the 9th highest average attendance in L2 so should be able to afford a competitive team provided we our recruitment is up to scratch. A winning team will bring in greater revenue and we can use it to improve the team further. I believe we will be promoted to L1 in 2 seasons if Jolley recruits wisely and this will give us the momentum the clube needs. Im sure nobody belies we will have it built if we are in the National league.

Completely agree. I get why you wouldn't want to spend money if the new stadium really is close to being built. In other words, once you know you have the funding (or realistic and within a close timeframe), and once you have a viable site, but probably before PP. If that's not the case then you need to be really certain you're not running down your asset prematurely.

I also get that a new stadium might increase your revenue too. But before you borrow to invest, you need to be confident you have realistic numbers.

I don't see any evidence that either of these tests have been met.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
arryarryarry
April 25, 2018, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimsby pete

Our old floodlights that were not very high were fitted onto the concrete bases,

So I suppose they just fitted the new ones in the same place saving on putting new foundations in.

If my memory serves me correctly you could still see the bases of the old floodlights for quite a number of seasons and were completely separate and were probably demolished when the corners were.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
1mickylyons
April 26, 2018, 8:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
I had a prospective Councillor knock on my door last night in the Heneage Ward a Chris Nichols and asked him amongst other things about his thoughts on any new ground.He said he was of the opinion it should go East Marsh for regeneration of the area blah blah blah and though because he wasn`t a Councillor at present he hadn`t heard anything official but thought PP must be in the balance due to the time elapsed with no news?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not fit for modern day football...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.