Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not fit for modern day football...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 299 Guests

Not fit for modern day football...

This thread currently has 6,976 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
April 24, 2018, 3:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 10
How about this, we'll not be in a new ground for at least 5 years so, move the changing rooms into the findus stand ( always will be the findus stand ) and replace the flood lights with ones that can be retro fitted to the new ground. Trent bridge in Nottingham has 6 sets of lights so all we have to do is just send the lads in and borrow them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Mallyner
April 24, 2018, 3:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
A very enjoyable article with excellent photos, thank you.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
Ipswin
April 24, 2018, 4:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Just waiting for one (or more) of the floodlight pylons to fall over or be declared unsafe, then what (Fenty in his posh motor with the headlights on full beam?)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
AdamHaddock
April 24, 2018, 5:09pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Didn't know about the floodlights being second hand from Wolves

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 24, 2018, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Managed to appear in one of the Upper Findus photos so will be looking for a publicity fee?

On a more serious point if a player signs for town it will not be on the back of the quality of our facilities!!! We really don’t spend any money do we. Surely a bit of modernisation in respect of tiling and renewing the showers would not break the bank☹️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
lew chaterleys lover
April 24, 2018, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Managed to appear in one of the Upper Findus photos so will be looking for a publicity fee?

On a more serious point if a player signs for town it will not be on the back of the quality of our facilities!!! We really don’t spend any money do we. Surely a bit of modernisation in respect of tiling and renewing the showers would not break the bank☹️

John Fenty is just mixing the tile adhesive as we speak.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
KingstonMariner
April 24, 2018, 7:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good article. Agree some of BP needs changing (if possible), but, that article makes me think we need to be careful about any new ground. Not just as he hints re: Darlo, making sure there's a proper business case (and as many football club owners have shown, they can be a cavalier bunch in this regard), but also trying to retain some of the heritage if and when we do move grounds.

'Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
heppy88
April 24, 2018, 7:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Thanks for an interesting read. Ever since the early nineties I have been a staunch pro new stadium “activist”. I never gave a thought to the nostalgia and history of Blundell Park, only seeing it as an odd, embarrassing, decrepit ground, well past its sell by date. I wore my red Conoco stadium cap with pride in the early nineties, when the new ground at Great Coates was being proposed. For the last few years I have posted Emails, written on social media, written to the local newspaper and the local council in support of new stadia on Peaks Parkway. But all the while I had a gut feeling the out of town areas proposed, were not suitable and I secretly feared the soulless, half empty concrete dome so often evident in today’s game. People say you don’t miss something until you no longer have it. I feel this could be the case if we move. If and when a new stadium is built I hope it will be at the heart of our community, have character, meaning and be something the whole area can be proud of. Unfortunately, though, I have no confidence the current board can, or will deliver this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
arryarryarry
April 24, 2018, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Wasn't the pitch relaid just a few seasons ago, I remember pictures of tractors going up and down laying sand before the new turf.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Rick12
April 24, 2018, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Great read

Grimsby Town proper traditional football club .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not fit for modern day football...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.