Grantley
April 22, 2018, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
A couple of things I noticed yesterday and after watching the highlights:

1. When Rose went over to the Swindon fans after the penalty, Harry went over to pull him away and looks visibly annoyed.
2. Once the full time whistle went, he was the first over to the fans and you could tell how much it meant to him.

While I’m yet to be fully convinced by his footballing ability yet, this lad got an amazing mentality and is so mature for someone so young. Hopefully he is kept on and receives some better coaching than he’s recieved over the last 18 months. Keep working hard, Harry!

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
April 22, 2018, 6:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
He did alright yesterday. He's one of our few midfielders who is prepared to drive forward with the ball and he's good at closing things down.jolle y coached him through the entire first half yesterday.he certainly offers an awful lot more than me berrett
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Skrill
April 22, 2018, 6:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Harry Clifton and Harry Cardwell both have potential, under some good coaching they could both become a mainstay.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Cloudy
April 22, 2018, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Skrill
Harry Clifton and Harry Cardwell both have potential, under some good coaching they could both become a mainstay.

Cardwell worked very hard yesterday and battled away. I am not convinced he is a natural striker, lacks a strikers instinct imo and I am not sure it is something you can coach
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
sonofmadeleymariner
April 22, 2018, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Cloudy

Cardwell worked very hard yesterday and battled away. I am not convinced he is a natural striker, lacks a strikers instinct imo and I am not sure it is something you can coach

Probably bereft of any confidence like most of our striker.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
dapperz fun pub
April 22, 2018, 8:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from forza ivano
He did alright yesterday. He's one of our few midfielders who is prepared to drive forward with the ball and he's good at closing things down.jolle y coached him through the entire first half yesterday.he certainly offers an awful lot more than me berrett

He offers a massive workrate but when he eventually slots into his preferred position coupled with this experience he’s gaining I think the doubters will be convinced
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
MarinerRob
April 22, 2018, 9:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
I have noticed many times when he lays a ball off to another player he is indicating where to play it back to. Also, the way he won a corner yesterday was very clever - something I would expect a very experienced player could do. He does seem to have the passion and I can see him being a large part of the Town team for many years to come. Reminds me a lot of Dave Boylen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
quebec38
April 22, 2018, 9:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Clifton looks a steady player to me and is more suited to our side as things stand than Dembele imo. I’m sure as he gains experience and strength he will move in to the centre as I’m not sure he has the delivery or trickery to make a decent career as a wide player but my knowledge of him is limited.

As for Cardwell, he runs his nuts off which is admirable and a lot of our mini run is down to him. He’s truly played his part. He has an awkward running style though and I’m not sure he’s the man to bring us the goals we’re gonna need in the future but that’s very harsh as at present we’re not a side that really threatens with the ball in the final third.

I don’t know either players status contract-wise but I would definitely want them both on board next season. For me they both deserve it.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2018, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
Both Harry's should be re-signed for next season, I reckon they have good potential

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Cloudy
April 22, 2018, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Both Harry's should be re-signed for next season, I reckon they have good potential

Isn't Cardwell under contract for next season?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.