3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 22, 2018, 7:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Whether you like them or not, following promotion to National League, they're doing a 24 hour season ticket sale - £100 adult, £50 kids.
Private Message
Green27
April 22, 2018, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Woking’s were £99 last season full stop. In a much more expensive area of the country sadly they might only be rewarded with relegation.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
ska face
April 22, 2018, 8:32am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
They’re owned by a group of multi-millionaire property developers and a Singapore-based billionaire (Peter Lim). If people think Forest Green are bad, these are infitinitely worse, the absolute worst of modern football. Money is no object to them really so they can afford to do tickets at these prices.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
sydney
April 22, 2018, 8:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Hated in Non League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
dapperz fun pub
April 22, 2018, 8:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
The Man U boys front it while peter lim pays for it , all because he wants to knock around with the class of 92  
Wish we could find a billionaire benefactor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
CodHead
April 22, 2018, 9:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Who actually cares about Salford, rather focus on Town instead of having to play them next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
LH
April 22, 2018, 9:14am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Definitely worse than FGR. At least their fans are in the most part local people (bar a few Ecotricity employees). Salford have got people from all over the place wanting to go watch them because of the Gary Neville twitter backing they get. How many documentaries has their been on them now?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
RonMariner
April 22, 2018, 10:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
Looks like they will buy their way to the Conference title next year.

Another reason why we must stay up this year. Next years automatic promotion spot is already taken.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Manchester Mariner
April 22, 2018, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Read that Gary Neville has ambitions of getting Salford in the Championship and playing in a 20,000 stadium, crazytalk, they average 1500 and chances are if you live in Salford you support United. It's nothing more than a vanity hobbie run by people who can afford to lose money on it.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Ipswin
April 22, 2018, 3:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ska face
They’re owned by a group of multi-millionaire property developers and a Singapore-based billionaire (Peter Lim). If people think Forest Green are bad, these are infitinitely worse, the absolute worst of modern football. Money is no object to them really so they can afford to do tickets at these prices.

I can perhaps understand people's hatred and scorn about Premier League teams (its down to jealousy mostly in my opinion - if Town were up there no fornicator would be moaning then) but to moan about and be clearly jealous of a team who have just got up into a league the wonderful Grimsby Town consider just too far below them and too awful to contemplate is sad.

So they are funded by some rich illegitimate (don't you wish Town were - I do) and fronted by some great football names of the past but, in another form perhaps, they have existed as a club since 1940 and are not some new creation like MK Dons or the ridiculous FC United of Manchester for instance

Personally I hope we are playing them the season after next (in Div 2 of course)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
golfer
April 22, 2018, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Understand GTFC are letting present S.T. Holders have them free next season to make up for the disappointment and stress caused these last 2 seasons. This did not come as a suprise to anybody who knew our non-chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
ska face
April 22, 2018, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Ipswin

I can perhaps understand people's hatred and scorn about Premier League teams (its down to jealousy mostly in my opinion - if Town were up there no fornicator would be moaning then) but to moan about and be clearly jealous of a team who have just got up into a league the wonderful Grimsby Town consider just too far below them and too awful to contemplate is sad.

So they are funded by some rich illegitimate (don't you wish Town were - I do) and fronted by some great football names of the past but, in another form perhaps, they have existed as a club since 1940 and are not some new creation like MK Dons or the ridiculous FC United of Manchester for instance

Personally I hope we are playing them the season after next (in Div 2 of course)

Jealous of Salford? You’ll have to try harder than that!

Never been a fan of bored millionaires using clubs as vanity projects (hello John), even less so when they’ve been rimmed to within an inch of their lives by the cranks at the BBC and Sky.

I couldn’t give a fiddler’s intercourse about Salford, but I remember watching one of their party political broadcasts on behalf of Gary Neville’s bank balance, where they interviewed a bloke who’d been volunteering there for decades. He’d been effectively pushed out to make way for the billionaire money machine and was clearly gutted.

intercourse the class of 92 and the horse they rode in on.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
promotion plaice
April 22, 2018, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from golfer
Understand GTFC are letting present S.T. Holders have them free next season to make up for the disappointment and stress caused these last 2 seasons. This did not come as a suprise to anybody who knew our non-chairman.

I'll have to think about it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 22, 2018, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Ipswin

Not sure what is ridiculous about F.C. Manchester fans, thought they were the people who turned their backs on Man Utd for “selling out” to the Glaziers, so one would assume a hard core of these are real football fans rather then many of the premiership’s plastic fans who just want to follow whichever successful side is at the top when they take the plunge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2018, 10:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Read that Gary Neville has ambitions of getting Salford in the Championship and playing in a 20,000 stadium, crazytalk, they average 1500 and chances are if you live in Salford you support United. It's nothing more than a vanity hobbie run by people who can afford to lose money on it.

Yeah but if you live in Salford it's unlikely you can afford a ticket to United.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2018, 10:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not sure what is ridiculous about F.C. Manchester fans, thought they were the people who turned their backs on Man Utd for “selling out” to the Glaziers, so one would assume a hard core of these are real football fans rather then many of the premiership’s plastic fans who just want to follow whichever successful side is at the top when they take the plunge.

Agree, I'm not sure I see the difference between FC Manchester and AFC Wimbledon to be honest, but the latter are given plaudits left right and center.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2018, 1:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, I'm not sure I see the difference between FC Manchester and AFC Wimbledon to be honest, but the latter are given plaudits left right and center.

Both are given plaudits. AFCW were one of the first 'big' clubs to play FCUM when they were founded. Remember going to watch a game at Kingsmeadow. Might have been in the Supporters Direct Cup.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Manchester Mariner
April 23, 2018, 10:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah but if you live in Salford it's unlikely you can afford a ticket to United.

From the Salfordians I know, some go to Old Trafford, a lot go the pub to watch United and pretty much all don't really care about Salford City outside of the BBC series.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
GrimRob
April 23, 2018, 11:07am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from CodHead
Who actually cares about Salford, rather focus on Town instead of having to play them next season

It's worth looking at what over clubs are doing. We're hardly a roaring commercial success, are we? Lincoln's support mushroomed, they've sold themselves better to the local community than what we have. Yes, success of the field helps, but marketing is still important to maximise our income and support levels.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 20
Bignic69
April 23, 2018, 4:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ska face

It is what it is, its football snobbery to say its any worse than any other club just because they are getting bankrolled now. If Town suddenly gained a mega rich owner or investor would we become a excrement club over night? Answer.....only in the eyes of clubs without the same level of wealth.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
AndyDarloFC
April 23, 2018, 5:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
So glad they've been promoted and copulated off out of our way. Massive nuisance.

Huge budget and they are paying Jack Redshaw over 2k a week. Ridiculous money for our level.

It'll all go mammaries up eventually, it's the genuine fans from 4/5 years ago I feel for. A lot of them boycotted the club when they changed the team colours from Red to Orange & changed the badge.

Unfortunately, those owners can do what they want with the amount of money they have.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford City season tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.