Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 137 Guests

Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!

This thread currently has 9,344 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
April 21, 2018, 11:56pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
What a great job he's done in turning us around. Took a few Agnes to get into his stride, get his message into the players but we now look like a well-drilled, organised unit with that won't crumble at the first sign of adversity.

Yes we still lack a consistent goal threat but he's really tapped into the strengths of the team and worked out a way to make us dangerous to the opposition while staying compact and hard to beat.

He's clearly very tactically astute and as others have said 'gets' what we're all about. We need to follow in Lincoln footsteps and give him a long-term contract. Let's show our faith in him and display our belief that our long-term future is safe in his hands by giving him a 3/4 year contract. If he can get this shower into a well-organised unit that gets results, imagine what he can do with HIS squad and a full pre-season under his belt.

I firmly believe we've unearthed a gem in Michael Jolley and I'm very confident in our future under his stewardship. We looked dead and buried a few weeks ago and are now on the cusp of securing safety. I know it's not over yet and we have some tough games coming up but I'm more confident than ever. Even if disaster happens and we went down, I'd have every confidence tag MJ would get us back up a hell of a lot quicker than when we were down there previously.

BUT, that's not going to be needed as I think we'll get at least a point at home next week vs County, we can then start looking to a more successful, productive future as a football club and begin getting back to where we all believe we belong.

There's no reason why we can't be next seasons Accrington, with the right backing and recruitment, anything is possible under our new manager. #UTM

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
April 22, 2018, 12:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Agree totally and would add i don't think you've seen anything yet.this guy could transform this club.obviously we are a stepping stone  but it's going to be an educational exciting and fascinating ride whilst he's with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
Mighty_Mariner
April 22, 2018, 12:54am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano
Agree totally and would add i don't think you've seen anything yet.this guy could transform this club.obviously we are a stepping stone  but it's going to be an educational exciting and fascinating ride whilst he's with us

That's a great point actually Forza that I forgot to mention. He's transformed our PR too into a much more positive platform in which to get messages to the fans and get them on board. He should be given free reign to bring in whoever he sees fit and transform the club from top to bottom, he clearly has the intelligence and drive to do that. He reminds me of a young Eddie Howe in that respect.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
RonMariner
April 22, 2018, 12:56am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,532
Gold Stars: 224
We might still go down, but without the seven points we have clocked up in the last three games it would all be over for us already.

I wonder how many points we would be on now if Slade/Wilkinson were still running the show?

If only we had appointed him a few weeks earlier we would be safe by now.

I am hoping that Morecombe stop Barnet next week. But even if they don't, I think winning at FGR will be not be a tough an assignment as winning at Swindon was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
GrimRob
April 22, 2018, 6:51am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
He deserves a round of Jolly Good Fellow at the County game.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 49
Mrs Doyle
April 22, 2018, 7:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from GrimRob
He deserves a round of Jolly Good Fellow at the County game.

Definitely, Rob if things go to plan I will start the worthers brigade in the Main stand off with a loud rendition of:

“For he’s a Jolley good fellow, for he’s a Jolley good fellow……... for he’s a Jolley good fellow.

The town are staying up……..the town are staying up………... the town are staying up.”

UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 22, 2018, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,788
Gold Stars: 178
For all the sh1t that fenty has got (deserved at times) it looks like a rabbit has definitely been pulled out the hat with the appointment of MJ.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
Cloudy
April 22, 2018, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
MJ has got us organised and the effort is evident but I would still fear for us IF we go down.

Just hope Barnet fail to win next Saturday and then we can show huge relief.

Love the positivity about the manager but we still need massive change on and off the pitch in the summer.

I think MJ will take care of the on field stuff but need change on the top and a positive and inclusive attitude to boost season tickets and therefore budget
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
CodHead
April 22, 2018, 8:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +163
Hi all,

Totally agree with what your saying, if only Fenty sacked Slade earlier and we wouldn't be in this mess.

Great win yesterday though and I certainly will be at BP next Saturday.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
Swansea_Mariner
April 22, 2018, 8:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
His post match is totally classy, I don't think I've ever heard a manager thank a reporter for complimenting the players before. Also totally modest about the mind-set thing which Burnsy rightly picks out as something the Jolleper has been working on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.