Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!

This thread currently has 9,351 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 23, 2018, 3:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Not a problem with Swedish players though. EU players wouldn't need a work permit until after Brexit. Maybe not even then if we retain access to single market.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
forza ivano
April 23, 2018, 3:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RonMariner
Not a problem with Swedish players though. EU players wouldn't need a work permit until after Brexit. Maybe not even then if we retain access to single market.

his eskilstuna squad wasn't very Swedish though Ron - in fact it was more like the U.N. - Iranians, Afghans,georgians, kosovans plus various african nations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2018, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

We've already had some on here screaming "he's out of his depth" and we are eight games in!

Some were saying that before he started.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2018, 10:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

his eskilstuna squad wasn't very Swedish though Ron - in fact it was more like the U.N. - Iranians, Afghans,georgians, kosovans plus various african nations

Some Swedes (the type who revere SS Division Wiking) would have you believe that's very Swedish now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
promotion plaice
April 23, 2018, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Asking the players to live within one hour of Grimsby is totally ridiculous.......I get what he is after but these players would have to live no further than Lincoln, Hull, Doncaster at a push....so they'll have to be willing to move here.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2018, 11:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Asking the players to live within one hour of Grimsby is totally ridiculous.......I get what he is after but these players would have to live no further than Lincoln, Hull, Doncaster at a push....so they'll have to be willing to move here.

That still leaves them within commuting distance of big population centres. Seems a reasonable compromise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Poojah
April 23, 2018, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from promotion plaice

Should Town ever look to relocate from Cheapside, there’s some merit in moving out of town somewhere alongside the M180 (i.e. Barnetby), as this would bring cities like Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham and York to roughly within an hour’s commute. Yeah, it’s only knocking off half an hour but I’d imagine it would make the journey appear a lot more palletable.

I believe Hull did something similar with their academy as it helped circumvent a rule about signing youngsters within a limited catchment area.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
KingstonMariner
April 24, 2018, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Should Town ever look to relocate from Cheapside, there’s some merit in moving out of town somewhere alongside the M180 (i.e. Barnetby), as this would bring cities like Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham and York to roughly within an hour’s commute. Yeah, it’s only knocking off half an hour but I’d imagine it would make the journey appear a lot more palletable.

I believe Hull did something similar with their academy as it helped circumvent a rule about signing youngsters within a limited catchment area.

Not a bad idea. 1/2 hour each way is an hour a day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
April 24, 2018, 11:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
The thing most notable to me, is how he has only added 2 players, in Mcshreffrey and Fox, and the rest are the exact same players.

The same players that didn't win in 20 games.
The same players that conceded 27 Goals, and scored 5 goals in the 15 matches between beating FGR and Jolley being appointed
The same players that had 0 confidence in themselves, or as a team.

Jolley has since come in, and we have played 8 games.
We conceded 8 in his first 3 games, then 4 in the last 5 - Improvement
We still have struggle scoring, but without being able to add much to the team, that is something that was always going to be next to impossible to improve.
But because our defence has improved, we as a team have improved.

Jolley has moved Woolford into the middle, moved Hooper out wide, and both have improved.

Clarke and Collins have improved, and both seen in the Swindon highlights throwing themselves at every shot, and every cross that come at us.

The players reaction at the end of the Chesterfield & Swindon games speaks volumes, they want to stay up, they want to play for Jolley.

Rose was nothing short of awful when Slade was here, and IMO, he's still not great, but what he is, is confident now, he has scored 3 huge penalties in 3 huge games.

Well done Jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
bluebottle
April 24, 2018, 4:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Quoted from Poojah

Have a word with Brigg. Bit of training ground sharing.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley Appreciation Thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.