Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 355 Guests

Just back....

This thread currently has 10,491 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
April 21, 2018, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Teesknees

Oh deep joy!
This is a very good question and topicold. I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth. Oh yes. Anyway it's a very good question, sir. It's not much about music excepting that half-time in the band falolloped huffalo-dowd.

Deep joy indeed. I’m outside the Clurdy and these Americancansare all fooly confuasble with the fattly singing around these parts Mariners in a winningfold smiler tone.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2018, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Just back, a gritty well organised performance where the lads worked their rocks off to get an essential 3 points. What we lack in quality we made up for in application, work rate and looking at the game sticking to the plan.  

The 4 - 1 - 4 -1 works well away from home by the looks of it as despite a top quality save from Macca and them hitting the wood work, can't remember seeing that TBH I'm not convinced Town looked in too much trouble considering the difference in league position. If we only had more quality and composure in the final 3rd we would not be gong through this dog fight.

I've not seen the penalty on anything other than my mobile so far but it looks like shall we say it was "won" by Cardwell. Although the keeper got close to saving it Mitch Rose once again stuck 2 fingers up to those who have suggested he does not care.

The 2nd half was inevitably nervy but not as we where defending for our lives but more about everyone was just waiting for a "typical town" moment which I'm glad to say never came.

It appears that the players are responding to having a plan rather than just hoofing it forward Slade ball style.

The players stood up today..........

Macca - Assured, and when required he made a top draw save, again!
RHB - Did o.k. but looked like he was blowing a bit after the break on a hot day
Foxy -  As above
Collins - Immense
Clarke - Good
Summers - The performance level we have been used to this season, fit as a flea this lad.
Rose - Good game and once again showed balls of steel
Woolford - Working harder every week and fits well into today's system
Clifton - Well all I ca say is that you can see what this means to him, best game yet for Town
Hooper - Keep starting him he will come good sooner or later, all about confidence with this lad.
Cardwell - A great shift from a young lad in the lone role, he does need someone closer to him though.  

Subs - Davis brought an experienced cool head, Matt didn't look fit TBH and Suleiman was an odd addition in right mid field, but I guess we won so it doesn't matter.

The Manager - Outwitted the person who if stories are o be believed turned us down.

The fans - Top class as usual away from home and the bit when MJ came over at the end was really good to see, he's still massively learning but one thing he clearly gets is how much it means to us.

Personally I still think it will go down to the last day but everyone involved with GTFC deserves some credit tonight.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Badger57
April 21, 2018, 9:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from forza ivano
Only had acouple.Amazon fire is useless.have edited it appropriately!

Yes, slow and excrement. Wish I hadn't bought mine!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Heisenberg
April 21, 2018, 10:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Deep joy indeed. I’m outside the Clurdy and these Americancansare all fooly confuasble with the fattly singing around these parts Mariners in a winningfold smiler tone.

?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
friskneymariner
April 21, 2018, 10:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Heisenberg

?

You must me too young for Professor Stanley Unwin.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
Heisenberg
April 21, 2018, 10:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Rode our luck at times and the penalty was manna from heaven. Collins was immense, Hooper put a real shift in taking back and defending. Jubillant scenes at end.  https://youtu.be/DWkgzMNoRJo

Clearly lots of southern-based exiles there; apparently we’re “staying op”, old chap😀. Jolley good show......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Heisenberg
April 21, 2018, 10:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

You must me too young for Professor Stanley Unwin.

Born in ‘75, so I’m ecstatic you’ve suggested I’m young!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
wigworld
April 21, 2018, 10:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

That place across the road from the Korova Milk Bar?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 44
Roast Em Bobby
April 21, 2018, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Tommy
Wasn't at the game. I assumed we'd set up the same as last week apart but with Clifton in place of Dembele.

Forza's post suggests we didn't start with Woolford in a central 3.

How did we set up from the start it wasn't Rose sitting behind Woolford + Summerfield with Clifton and Hooper wide?

We did, think Forza must have had a few drinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Cloudy
April 21, 2018, 10:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Gutsy and organised. Defended well and restricted a poor Swindon side to very little.

Watched the penalty again and I am not convinced that it was a foul. Appeared Cardwell tripped over his own legs BUT it is about time we got a stroke of fortune.

We may well need something next week to make sure of our status.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.