Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In less than 48 hours..................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 102 Guests

In less than 48 hours..................

This thread currently has 5,051 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
April 19, 2018, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
This is worth a thread because we could soon end up confirming our FL place.We need some positivity.  

A win at Swindon (put us on to 45 points) and defeats for Barnet and Chesterfield keep us up. We are due an away win, Swindon are on a poor run of form, they are unlikely to make the play-offs and there are always shocks at the end of a season.

A win at Swindon and 2 draws for Barnet and Chesterfield puts us in a very good position. Barnet cannot catch us and Chesterfield would need to win their last 3 games to pip us on GD.  (This also asumes that we do not get any points from our last 2 games.  One point would put us safe.   Chesterfield playing Barnet on the last day does not make any difference).

A draw at Swindon (we would be on 43 points) and defeats for Barnet and Chesterfield also puts in a  good position.  Both Barnet and Chesterfield would need to win all their remaining 5 games to finish above us. A very tall order.   Barnet could reach 43 points so we would need another point to be absolutely safe. Chesterfield could reach a maximum of 44 points.  It would help if Chesterfield did not win at Barnet on the last day.  (Both teams could not finish above, but 1 could).

Ok, lots of ifs and buts for various games. Stranger things have happened though.  Visualisation is half the achievement in sport.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
April 19, 2018, 8:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Visualisation might help if you're actually playing, but if you're just watching (or doing something else)....well, unless you believe in telekinesis ....

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
ginnywings
April 19, 2018, 8:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
It's Town, we have a lot more sweating to do yet. Still think it will all go to the last day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
lew chaterleys lover
April 19, 2018, 8:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
This is worth a thread because we could soon end up confirming our FL place.We need some positivity.  

A win at Swindon (put us on to 45 points) and defeats for Barnet and Chesterfield keep us up. We are due an away win, Swindon are on a poor run of form, they are unlikely to make the play-offs and there are always shocks at the end of a season.

A win at Swindon and 2 draws for Barnet and Chesterfield puts us in a very good position. Barnet cannot catch us and Chesterfield would need to win their last 3 games to pip us on GD.  (This also asumes that we do not get any points from our last 2 games.  One point would put us safe.   Chesterfield playing Barnet on the last day does not make any difference).

A draw at Swindon (we would be on 43 points) and defeats for Barnet and Chesterfield also puts in a  good position.  Both Barnet and Chesterfield would need to win all their remaining 5 games to finish above us. A very tall order.   Barnet could reach 43 points so we would need another point to be absolutely safe. Chesterfield could reach a maximum of 44 points.  It would help if Chesterfield did not win at Barnet on the last day.  (Both teams could not finish above, but 1 could).

Ok, lots of ifs and buts for various games. Stranger things have happened though.  Visualisation is half the achievement in sport.    

Speculating is fun but  of course will have no bearing on the outcome re Saturdays results. I do agree though that this weekend is pivotal; a good or reasonable set of results then great. If it goes badly though I reckon we will find it very hard to suddenly win a game or two in the most trying of situations.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
mariner83
April 19, 2018, 8:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
We don't do things the easy way though, do we?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
GrimRob
April 19, 2018, 9:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
On Thursdays and Fridays, I often think we're going to win. It's Saturdays and Sundays which are the problem.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 23
RonMariner
April 19, 2018, 9:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
It will be a relief when its over.
I'm constantly running countless permutations around in my head.
It's driving me crazy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
HackneyHaddock
April 20, 2018, 6:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I have no idea what will happen, but I'm sure MJ will know all of these permutations and combinations, like the ex-Trader he is.  At any point during a game, he'll know the bigger picture and whether we should be going for it.

Goal difference means finishing level on points isn't an option, so a win is the best way to sort that.  It's possible that even with us drawing toward the end of our next two games, MJ might roll the dice at the end in order to try to kill it off, especially if the others are losing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
ex-merseymariner
April 20, 2018, 7:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Think positive.. 2 months ago a director told us there's every reason we could get another 20 points.

Well so far we've picked up 6, so three more wins from the last 3 games and we have got 15 out of that 20 😆

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
forza ivano
April 20, 2018, 7:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Grim Rob will be able to confirm or correct but I think there's only about a 1 in 4 chance of us being safe by sat night or a 1 in 3 chance of us being a worse position.this is relative to Barnet as I've ignored chesterfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In less than 48 hours..................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.