4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
April 18, 2018, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,580
Gold Stars: 9
To be fair when he was here we had Bogle. He was never going to get into the side before him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
RichMariner
April 18, 2018, 12:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,128
Gold Stars: 209
According to Wikipedia, Jackson played 20 times for us and only scored that one goal - our first back in the FL.

I must admit, 20 appearances is far more than I remember. He just seemed to be another player I had no opinion on because I never saw him often enough.

Did he ever get a good run in the side? Seemed to me like he was in and out, and played out wide.

Someone tweeted a few weeks back that Oxlade-Chamberlain has made 150+ appearances in the Prem and they still didn't know whether he's any good or not.

I kind of feel the same about Jackson (from his time with us). Obviously he's proven that he has something about him from his time at Accy.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
moosey_club
April 18, 2018, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,184
Gold Stars: 224
a mixture of things for me for his lack of effectiveness here....

first game...linked well with Vernon when he was running onto the ball into spaces beyond defenders....pace looked a proper threat...
after that we seemed to use a mixture of partners for him none of whom really gelled and then he drifted in and out of the side...midfield lacking and the quality of partners led to alot of high balls in his general direction but none really turning the opposition and he was never going to win a physical battle for the first ball so we didnt play to his strengths in a nutshell for my money.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
tanga_the_indestructible
April 18, 2018, 4:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
I didn't see him play much, but I thought he was really effective in this one, in particular, and a great raking cross for our second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWvMk_3wAig
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Rick12
April 18, 2018, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Bignic69

Same here, that day I remember thinking we had a diamond, ran the channels brilliantly, his work rate was superb and looked a constant threat. Hurst started playing him out wide which I think bled his confidence and by the time Bignot got him he was shot.
Good on him though.Hope he doesnt dip. Football is as much mental(probably more) as its physical.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Bigdog
April 18, 2018, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I remember in the Colchester Just Back thread early last season, while slaughtering our midfield and Boyce, I said I was really impressed with the movement of the Bogle and Jackson partnership up front. I liked the mix of the two and after that game was surprised that both of them didn't play as a two as the season progressed. He hardly played up front the rest of the time he was here and then he hardly played at all. Who knows what goes on behind the dressing room door, on the training ground or in manager's heads? Or maybe it was down to Jackson not blossoming in the GTFC environment? Hard to say, but seeing how he played at Colchester, it hasn't surprised me, there was always a player in there, maybe it needed a certain kind of manager to have patience and confidence in him? Or maybe he's matured rapidly a year on after Barnsley had decided he wasn't for them and Championship football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
ginnywings
April 18, 2018, 6:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
I didn't see him play much, but I thought he was really effective in this one, in particular, and a great raking cross for our second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWvMk_3wAig

Wow! Look- strikers having shots and that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
grimsby pete
April 18, 2018, 7:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face

He was here from July to February and was going back regardless about 10 weeks late - how much more time would you have liked him to have? I thought the lad from Everton showed more in his short spell with us that Jackson had all year.

Maybe we got him a season too soon but if we had got him for longer ie  another seasons loan we would not be in the trouble we are in now would we ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
gytone
April 18, 2018, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
I thought he was decent but hardly ever got a chance in his favoured position, why do we always get players then play them out of position, also what the hell happened to that team  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
mariner91
April 18, 2018, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,553
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from grimsby pete

Maybe we got him a season too soon but if we had got him for longer ie  another seasons loan we would not be in the trouble we are in now would we ?

Yeah it would be a sensible transfer policy to give every loanee who hasn't set the place on fire another year just in case they come good elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kayden Jackson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.