4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 18, 2018, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
You could argue that his loan spell with us gave him some important experience and being sent back early might have made him knuckle down and work harder (not saying he didn't work hard when with us).

Young strikers can develop a heck of a lot in a year so good for him. The way Accy are set up obviously suits him and, if he ends up playing at a higher level, you'd imagine he will be played in a similar role, something which might not have been possible when we tried to fit him into our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Maringer
April 18, 2018, 8:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Oh, not to mention that our midfield was pretty rubbish last season as well as this. He obviously thrives in front of a good midfield. Fancy that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
diehardmariner
April 18, 2018, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Yeah, not sure we can use this as a stick to beat the club with really.  Apart from that opening game where he was very impressive, he showed nothing to suggest he could be a force at this level.

I think the last time I saw him play was away at Donny just before Christmas and he looked dreadful.  Granted, he was playing in one of Bignot's bizarre systems where he was the target man to Scott Vernon dropping off him!  But he still looked lightweight, lacking the pace he had shown a few months before and with a terrible touch.

Could be coaching, could be confidence, could just be a change of scenery or a manager who plays to his style.  Whatever it is, he's found something that works at Accrington under an excellent manager.  When they came here, Jackson gave our defence an absolute torrid time with his movement and pace.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
toontown
April 18, 2018, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Agree with most on here - when he left few were surprised and nobody thought it was a terrible decision. Apart from the first game he looked lightweight and raw and soon appeared lacking in confidence. Just shows how important confidence can be I guess. Looked a different player when he returned with Accy this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
grimsby pete
April 18, 2018, 9:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
He was still maturing and gaining strength and just needed time to reach where he is now,

Sadly we did not give him the time.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
ska face
April 18, 2018, 9:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from grimsby pete
He was still maturing and gaining strength and just needed time to reach where he is now,

Sadly we did not give him the time.

He was here from July to February and was going back regardless about 10 weeks late - how much more time would you have liked him to have? I thought the lad from Everton showed more in his short spell with us that Jackson had all year.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
Bignic69
April 18, 2018, 10:27am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rick12
This does not surprise me.I saw Kayden first home game of the season  for us  when we played Morecambe first season back in the league.

Thought he looked lively and dangerous especially with that pace of his and on that showing one of our best players on the day.

Maybe a confident thing. Eg get your mind right and everything follows

Same here, that day I remember thinking we had a diamond, ran the channels brilliantly, his work rate was superb and looked a constant threat. Hurst started playing him out wide which I think bled his confidence and by the time Bignot got him he was shot.
What a long way we've fallen since the jubilation of that game, perfect return to the football league really.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
forza ivano
April 18, 2018, 10:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Just goes to show what a lottery it is .Who was the other loanee (Shaun Tuton or summat like that?) seem to remember him looking really good at Notts County and then showing nothing more. he hasn't exactly set the world alight has he?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Garth
April 18, 2018, 10:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Maybe our new Jackson will do the same for us on Saturday by getting a hattrick, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
Davec
April 18, 2018, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from forza ivano
Just goes to show what a lottery it is .Who was the other loanee (Shaun Tuton or summat like that?) seem to remember him looking really good at Notts County and then showing nothing more. he hasn't exactly set the world alight has he?

Yes I remember Tuton's debut away at Notts County he looked very lively and although he missed a sitter the general feeling was that he would score goals for us, that never happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kayden Jackson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.