4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
April 17, 2018, 11:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Apparently not good enough for Grimsby Town but now knocking them in for the likely champions of L2.

Discuss!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
April 17, 2018, 11:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Who let him go? Bignot? Slade? I've lost track. These last two seasons have been like Dante's 9 circles of Hell.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 38
ginnywings
April 18, 2018, 12:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Brought him in, knocked off a few rough edges, then sent him on his way to star for someone else. We seem to do that a lot. Think it was Bignot that ended his loan spell early, so we can't lay that one at Slade's feet. Hurst played him out wide for some reason, though he looked to be a wide striker when he played here.

This is a club that allowed a 37 goal striker to leave for Hartlepool. Mind you, he only scored against poor sides apparently. Imagine only being able to score against the poor sides. Imagine a striker that can score a goal full stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
denni266
April 18, 2018, 3:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
We have a bad habbit of playing people out of position , and them wondering why they dont perform well,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
Cloudy
April 18, 2018, 6:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Most posted on here that Jackson was light weight and crap. Rarely selected in suggested line ups by many posters.

Hurst signed him on a season long loan but he was sent back to Barnsley in Feb by Bignot.

It started so well when he scored his only goal in The return to the league v. Morecambe
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
Rick12
April 18, 2018, 7:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
This does not surprise me.I saw Kayden first home game of the season  for us  when we played Morecambe first season back in the league.

Thought he looked lively and dangerous especially with that pace of his and on that showing one of our best players on the day.

Maybe a confident thing. Eg get your mind right and everything follows

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
Abdul19
April 18, 2018, 7:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I thought he was raw and had little end product. I can't remember anyone being upset when his loan was cancelled at the start of the window.

His brilliant form this season shows how little I know and also shows how good John Coleman is!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 18, 2018, 7:36am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Abdul19
I thought he was raw and had little end product. I can't remember anyone being upset when his loan was cancelled at the start of the window.

His brilliant form this season shows how little I know and also shows how good John Coleman is!

Completely agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but despite that first game where he looked excellent he never really looked the part and particularly remember most of us were not too surprised when he was sent back to Barnsley.

Happens sometimes what did Morecambe fans make of Almonds 37 goals for town or further back Sheff Utd on how Mendonca turned out. Up the road you have had Billy Sharp, Gary Hooper and others who have “failed” at their first club only to go on to have excellent goal scoring careers.

Despite all our problems not a decision that was controversial at the time so we move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
wiggers
April 18, 2018, 7:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
It didn’t work for him at Town, it’s as simple as that. He’s gone to Accy and it’s clicked for him. We’ve had players in the past which have struggled at other clubs, come in and done well for us. He was a Hurst signing that if Hurst had stayed it would have probably been a different story for him. Not many Hurst signings turned out to rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
kamakazebear
April 18, 2018, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Quoted from Cloudy
Most posted on here that Jackson was light weight and crap. Rarely selected in suggested line ups by many posters.

Hurst signed him on a season long loan but he was sent back to Barnsley in Feb by Bignot.

It started so well when he scored his only goal in The return to the league v. Morecambe

This exactly. We've profited from other teams doing this in the past, Podge was exactly massively prolific before us. We can't keep hold of every average looking player just in case they turn out better playing for a club with a completely different set up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kayden Jackson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.