Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two Fixtures Run-in – Bottom Six Teams
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 171 Guests

League Two Fixtures Run-in – Bottom Six Teams

This thread currently has 12,899 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
April 15, 2018, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from oldun
After yesterday Barnet fans do not think they will survive. Many seem resigned to the drop.

It doesn't matter what the fans think - they were better than us for large parts of the game yesterday and they know if they can get a win against Newport they could catch us if we slip up. Looking at us yesterday they will know we are more likely to lose all our remaining games than win any - as our record of 1 win in 22 games shows.

Next weekend is obviously crucial - a bad weekend for us could see them breathing down our necks with a better goal difference. It doesn't bear thinking about so I just hope we can get something from Swindon.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
arryarryarry
April 15, 2018, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Some Barnet fans who were at the game seem to think it unlikely we will get any more points and looking at our record since MJ arrived we have only scored 2 goals in the 7 games from open play if you ignore the goal from a throw in against Port Vale and looking at the goals we conceded yesterday our defence is just as crap as it has been all season.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
hheh2
April 15, 2018, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Newport won't be pushed over by Barnet, it is an easy win for Newport.

Then Barnet must beat Morecambe, even a draw wouldn't be enough.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
Swansea_Mariner
April 15, 2018, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Newport is a key game, I hope they can turn them over for us. Hopefully Podge is paying attention and get lots of love from the town on Twitter!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
hheh2
April 15, 2018, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
A Newport win would put us in a near home and dry scenario. Pray to the football Gods

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
lew chaterleys lover
April 15, 2018, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
Some Barnet fans who were at the game seem to think it unlikely we will get any more points and looking at our record since MJ arrived we have only scored 2 goals in the 7 games from open play if you ignore the goal from a throw in against Port Vale and looking at the goals we conceded yesterday our defence is just as crap as it has been all season.

None of us know what will happen and we are guessing, but I think our position is looking very difficult. Barnet have improved considerably at home and have 2 home games left, one against a Chesterfield team that may be already down.They have a goalscorer and could conceivably get 7 points. We need a win, but where is it coming from?

Both Town and Barnet are poor, but our record of one win in 22 games and their recent improvement means it could well go down to the last game. I have said for a couple of months I think we would fall into the bottom 2 on the last day, I am praying I am wrong but we are slowly edging that way.

If we could get a win at Swindon our troubles would be over but I just cannot see it. It is going to be a very very long week on the football front.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
arryarryarry
April 15, 2018, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116

None of us know what will happen and we are guessing, but I think our position is looking very difficult. Barnet have improved considerably at home and have 2 home games left, one against a Chesterfield team that may be already down.They have a goalscorer and could conceivably get 7 points. We need a win, but where is it coming from?

Both Town and Barnet are poor, but our record of one win in 22 games and their recent improvement means it could well go down to the last game. I have said for a couple of months I think we would fall into the bottom 2 on the last day, I am praying I am wrong but we are slowly edging that way.

If we could get a win at Swindon our troubles would be over but I just cannot see it. It is going to be a very very long week on the football front.

I can't disagree with any of that.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
Davec
April 16, 2018, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
It'll be a rotten day at FGR if they send us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
mike502
April 16, 2018, 11:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +328
It's not out of the question (although probably unlikely) we could go into the last day of the season looking like this:

21 FGR 43
22 Grimsby 43
23 Barnet 40
24 Chesterfield 40

Presumably if that happened, we and FGR would have the sense to play out the stalest of 0-0 draws?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
lew chaterleys lover
April 16, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mike502
It's not out of the question (although probably unlikely) we could go into the last day of the season looking like this:

21 FGR 43
22 Grimsby 43
23 Barnet 40
24 Chesterfield 40

Presumably if that happened, we and FGR would have the sense to play out the stalest of 0-0 draws?

Gawd that would give the football league a headache. If that particular set of circumstances happened it would be very awkward.  
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two Fixtures Run-in – Bottom Six Teams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.