Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 207 Guests

Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

This thread currently has 15,027 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
April 13, 2018, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Whispers that banning orders are being handed out to fans for going on the pitch after Mitch Rose's crucial penalty that sealed our first win in twenty one games. A bit of over-exuberance and massive outpouring of relief, no threatening behaviour, no-one got hurt and all in good humour.

If true and someone has decided to hand them out, they must have a heart of stone after what those fans have been through this season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
April 13, 2018, 10:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
No banning orders for the Vale "fans" that went on the pitch.

Double standards, ban our own fans, every other teams fans get away with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 105
promotion plaice
April 13, 2018, 10:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Who hands out the banning orders ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So the same people that brought you OpenGategate are now acting in this vindictive way?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 105
Yoda
April 13, 2018, 11:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,976
Gold Stars: 65
Have the police got nothing better to do.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 11:12pm
Meths Drinker
Isn't it the club that hand out banning orders? Not the polis.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 105
ginnywings
April 13, 2018, 11:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Wasn't the SLO on the pitch, or is that just hearsay?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 105
denni266
April 13, 2018, 11:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Think its a vale threat about going on thr pitch tomorrow IF we score
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 13, 2018, 11:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from Bigdog
Whispers that banning orders are being handed out to fans for going on the pitch after Mitch Rose's crucial penalty that sealed our first win in twenty one games. A bit of over-exuberance and massive outpouring of relief, no threatening behaviour, no-one got hurt and all in good humour.

If true and someone has decided to hand them out, they must have a heart of stone after what those fans have been through this season..

Don't think the club have much choice - under the fa laws/rules/regs the crowd should not be on the pitch and the club must be seen to be doing everything they can to prevent it. If not- they can be fined or in worst cases receive a points deduction.

If you look at it like that then those who did go on the pitch, it was only a minority remember- everyone else managed to stay in the stand- that minority exposed us all to a risk.

I wonder had there been a fine or FA action if they you would view them as Spartacus or Satan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 13, 2018, 11:49pm
Beer Drinker
It's rule e20 (b) and the if the fa ask the club has to show it has done everything in its power to prevent encroachment on the pitch. Banning orders are the usual way to deal with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever
It's rule e20 (b) and the if the fa ask the club has to show it has done everything in its power to prevent encroachment on the pitch. Banning orders are the usual way to deal with this.

I get the point about the risk of FA penalties. Those signs threatening fines of up to £1000 are pretty useless with no rozzers in the ground to arrest and charge anyone.

And what action has GTFC taken with respect to those Port Vale fans who caused trouble the other week? What has it done to protect the safety of its own regular paying customers? Apart from closing the bar after half time that is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 14, 2018, 12:17am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I get the point about the risk of FA penalties. Those signs threatening fines of up to £1000 are pretty useless with no rozzers in the ground to arrest and charge anyone.

And what action has GTFC taken with respect to those Port Vale fans who caused trouble the other week? What has it done to protect the safety of its own regular paying customers? Apart from closing the bar after half time that is.

Isnt that like saying because theres no police in shops, but notices that shoplifters will be prosecuted, then its ok to nick a few bottles of wine? Blundell Park is private property.

I dont know what the club are doing about the trouble with PV - I m not sure it spilled onto the pitch and therefore doesnt come under the same rule e20 so there may be a different way of dealing with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 105
mimma
April 14, 2018, 1:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
It did spill on to the pitch, in the corner. The ref had to delay the kick off while our stewards cleared them off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 14, 2018, 1:44am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Isnt that like saying because theres no police in shops, but notices that shoplifters will be prosecuted, then its ok to nick a few bottles of wine? Blundell Park is private property.

I dont know what the club are doing about the trouble with PV - I m not sure it spilled onto the pitch and therefore doesnt come under the same rule e20 so there may be a different way of dealing with that.

No. The point is shoplifters do get prosecuted. I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting prosecuted and fined for running on the pitch. If they're that concerned about a crime being committed they have video evidence to give the Old Bill.

Assuming that the rumour is true.....The club would have more credibility if it was seen to be more actively pursuing the real trouble makers from PV. It might not come under rule e20, but it's all part of keeping a consistent line on wrongdoing. What the club seems to be saying is, we don't give a excrement if you're at risk of being beaten in the ground, but we do if there's a risk of an FA penalty.

I am not condoning running on the pitch for one minute. Mind you it didn't stop John after the games at Bournemouth and Wembley did it.

What I'm saying is it's all part of the same picture which says the club doesn't give a stuff about its own fans. It did nothing over Bragate. It did nothing over OpenGategate apart from punish the innocent. It won't pay for policing inside the ground. It only steps in and acts when there's the risk of the club being penalised. Looked at in purely cold hard business terms, it sends the wrong message to customers. 'We won't look after you, we won't spend a penny on you*, but we will kick you out if it looks like you might cost us.'

* and neither can the ladies after yesterday's incident.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 105
Theimperialcoroner
April 14, 2018, 4:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Has anyone actually been banned or is it just rumour?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 105
lobsterpot
April 14, 2018, 6:53am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
It's all true. Seen loads of letters people are uploading on social media sites. Lifetime bans for young passionate supporters who know the rules but couldnt contain their emotion and happiness. Lets face it weve all been there at some point. Imagine watching town like you do, not winning for over 4 months, then winning a must win game in the last minute. It's human nature to some and for that they can never go home or away again according to the letter.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 105
louth_in_the_south
April 14, 2018, 6:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting. Those fans were only celebrating a massive win in a relegation 6 pointer . As the club said before it was the biggest game in years . We all know who that letter should be sent to banning them from BP

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 7:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Don't think the club have much choice - under the fa laws/rules/regs the crowd should not be on the pitch and the club must be seen to be doing everything they can to prevent it. If not- they can be fined or in worst cases receive a points deduction.

If you look at it like that then those who did go on the pitch, it was only a minority remember- everyone else managed to stay in the stand- that minority exposed us all to a risk.

I wonder had there been a fine or FA action if they you would view them as Spartacus or Satan?

Ahh.. the old rules is rules argument. Must have missed all those mass banning orders being handed out when lower league teams knock out higher league teams in the cup or 15k Huddersfield fans getting banning orders when they got promoted last year and every other good natured mass pitch invasion when something amazing happened.

Only at GTFC.. but then again other clubs cherish their fans..

Even Channel 5 and Sky Sports highlighted the emotion and what the goal meant, not a shred of criticism there either..

I hate what our club is turning into..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 7:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
From good source Nick Dales blaming Grimsby for the Vale incident, one guy got picked out and taken out the ground last saturday, unreal the guys been a town fan all his life. And if this is true about fans being banned for invading the pitch then we need to stand together and sort out this little hitter's problems. He's rejected me before from going in the main stand because its a family stand but yet wouldn't come face to face for a meet. Love a one on one with the sharp object
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 105
realist
April 14, 2018, 8:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Bunch of prats. The rules and the penalties are well known. Dont come on here moaning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Something needed to be done to show a certain element of the Town fans that going on to the pitch is not acceptable. I've seen at a few away games over the past few years, fans going onto the pitch after we score. Both goals against Braintree in the playoffs, Notts County away, when Bogle scored, plus others, which I can't recall the exact matches.

If the club didn't act and send out a message then there would be the same pitch invasions if we take the lead today as it would be seen as acceptable.  That would be 3 home games in a row where Town fans have gone on to the pitch and the FA could deduct points. (Port Vale, Chesterfield, Barnet)

However, lifetime bans are completely OTT, unless they are found to be repeat offenders. Maybe ban them for the next 2 games and threaten we longer bans if this happens again.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from OneLove
From good source Nick Dales blaming Grimsby for the Vale incident, one guy got picked out and taken out the ground last saturday, unreal the guys been a town fan all his life. And if this is true about fans being banned for invading the pitch then we need to stand together and sort out this little hitter's problems. He's rejected me before from going in the main stand because its a family stand but yet wouldn't come face to face for a meet. Love a one on one with the sharp object

Can you see why he wouldn't meet you? One sentence you want an explanation, the next you offer him out.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 105
Cloudy
April 14, 2018, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I understand there will be a fair number of Port Vale & Town fans who will have to go to court and get a banning order.

The people who went on the pitch folllowing last weeks winner appear to have been banned by the club rather than through a legal process. There was one guy, and only one, who started to gesture to Chesterfield players and at one stage looked very threatening towards them. The others were caught up in the emotion and were not a threat to anyone.

I am all for banning orders against those fighting v Port Vale and I know rules are rules but surely a more sensible approach could be made against those who showed an outpouring of delight and relief.

It is important that thugs are treated differently from excited fans and to those saying they shouldn't go on the pitch, I agree but then again I bet all have driven over 70mph on a motorway!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 105
dapperz fun pub
April 14, 2018, 8:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Port vale attacked the findus stand which is a home stand and some town fought back , from what I’ve been told it was hardly towns main risk it was just lads defending their home stand. If someone comes into your home uninvited in my eyes you have the right to fight back to remove them don’t you? Regarding the chesterfield goal celebration I’ve seen letters on fb banning people from the club like I’ve said before ,the club from fenty downwards all need removing before we can truly move forward.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Can you see why he wouldn't meet you? One sentence you want an explanation, the next you offer him out.

Hahaha just realised, the bloke angers me tho sits in that box dishing out bans to anyone for anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Port vale attacked the findus stand which is a home stand and some town fought back , from what I’ve been told it was hardly towns main risk it was just lads defending their home stand. If someone comes into your home uninvited in my eyes you have the right to fight back to remove them don’t you? Regarding the chesterfield goal celebration I’ve seen letters on fb banning people from the club like I’ve said before ,the club from fenty downwards all need removing before we can truly move forward.

Town fans can be clearly seen on the pitch prior to any trouble around the back. You can't claim a right to self-defence, when there is no imminent threat from a few of Port Van fans on the pitch, maybe you could justify it when they tried to get in the Lower Findus through the gate.  In my eyes, the fans who went on the pitch from the Findus, went for a scrap.

Fight starts at about 9:30

https://youtu.be/BMCsVdZaVI8?t=9m23s

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

agree dapperz, if some ones being an actual div at a game and deserves a ban then yeh but if a load of young kids celebrate with there players on the pitch in joy no malice then let it be. Its the youth who we need to keep watching town as they are the future, start issuing club bans and thats it they'll venture elsewhere. Long gone are the days when the ponny gates would burst open and floods of fans would stream on, no enjoyment anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker

Town fans can be clearly seen on the pitch prior to any trouble around the back. You can't claim a right to self-defence, when there is no imminent threat from a few of Port Van fans on the pitch, maybe you could justify it when they tried to get in the Lower Findus through the gate.  In my eyes, the fans who went on the pitch from the Findus, went for a scrap.

Now then nick dale

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 105
mariner91
April 14, 2018, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
What’s so enjoyable about going on the pitch anyway? It’s just a bit of grass ultimately.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 105
darren9
April 14, 2018, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
While it’s right that offenders should be dealt with.

It’s rather hypocritical that the official SLO account tweeted a picture of the fans on the pitch with words to the effect of “you can see what it means to everyone in this picture” and there’s some suggestion that the SLO went on the pitch himself.

So on the one hand you have a representative of the club seemingly supporting this behaviour and on the other a different club official condoning it.

It’s this for me which is the main issue. There should be consistency of message. Either those on the pitch were merely overcome with excitement and emotion and wasn’t a problem or they’re trouble makers who must be banned. You can’t have them both ways.

For me, they’re somewhere in the middle. Yes, it was very exciting but they should have and could have celebrated in the stands. A short ban or a warning would have sufficed (in my opinion).

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 105
Les Brechin
April 14, 2018, 9:01am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
I've seen a couple of the letters sent out from pictures posted on Facebook and it surprises me that there is no timescale to these bans. Are they lifetime bans? If so that's ridiculous.

As has been said, surely a ban until the end of the season and a warning as to future conduct would suffice.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 105
dapperz fun pub
April 14, 2018, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81

Port vale came for a tear up plain and simple if you think any different you are in cuckoo land , all morning they had tried to kick off in meggies and the vid shows our lads playing up I agree but it doesn’t show vale trying to get round the back of the stand before this.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 105
lukeo
April 14, 2018, 10:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
Sorry if any of you reading this are now banned for entering the pitch but what is the point? You know the risk and rules so don't do it... I've been to many games at BP before I moved away, some goals (kalala v spurs) where goals I went crazy for and will never forget... I didn't need to enter the pitch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 105
Garth
April 14, 2018, 10:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25

No. The point is shoplifters do get prosecuted. I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting prosecuted and fined for running on the pitch. If they're that concerned about a crime being committed they have video evidence to give the Old Bill.

Assuming that the rumour is true.....The club would have more credibility if it was seen to be more actively pursuing the real trouble makers from PV. It might not come under rule e20, but it's all part of keeping a consistent line on wrongdoing. What the club seems to be saying is, we don't give a excrement if you're at risk of being beaten in the ground, but we do if there's a risk of an FA penalty.

I am not condoning running on the pitch for one minute. Mind you it didn't stop John after the games at Bournemouth and Wembley did it.

What I'm saying is it's all part of the same picture which says the club doesn't give a stuff about its own fans. It did nothing over Bragate. It did nothing over OpenGategate apart from punish the innocent. It won't pay for policing inside the ground. It only steps in and acts when there's the risk of the club being penalised. Looked at in purely cold hard business terms, it sends the wrong message to customers. 'We won't look after you, we won't spend a penny on you*, but we will kick you out if it looks like you might cost us.'

* and neither can the ladies after yesterday's incident.

Stop whining you breaks the law you pays the price, just because other incidents have not seemed to be punished to the same degree matters not a jot, I and thousands of others stayed in the stands while the end result of these "look at me wanabees" could be loss of points and relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 10:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
I don't suppose a life long ban from watching their team was in the minds of most when the goal went in. It was just a release of pure emotion, you know, like humans tend to do. Fans are seen as customers in the modern game, expected to pay their money, sit down and shut up. Not condoning running on the pitch, but the circumstances of the invasion have to be taken into consideration, surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't suppose a life long ban from watching their team was in the minds of most when the goal went in. It was just a release of pure emotion, you know, like humans tend to do. Fans are seen as customers in the modern game, expected to pay their money, sit down and shut up. Not condoning running on the pitch, but the circumstances of the invasion have to be taken into consideration, surely?

They were singing "we're on the pitch when Grimsby score" only 5 minutes earlier.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
So.. Braintree away two years ago. At least two thirds of our support on the pitch that day at various times including at the end of the game.. lifetime bans for every one of them too?

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making a correct balanced decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account. A warning would have sufficed.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then? Or was that the right kind of pitch invasion (still against those rules) with the right profile of supporter involved?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
So.. Braintree away two years ago. At least two thirds of our support on the pitch that day at various times including at the end of the game.. lifetime bans for every one of them too?

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making to the correct decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then?

You seem to have missed the point I was trying to make.  I have agreed that lifetime bans are excessive, but there should be consequences for their actions. Running on the pitch is not acceptable. Which is why I suggested 2 match bans.

The previous examples I used, I clearly stated "Both goals against Braintree". Was it appropriate to run on the pitch after the goals? No.

Yes, you are condoning running on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
It's ridiculous. Another example of the vilification of football fans. After terrible crowd behaviour in Cardiff last year after a Wales egg chucking game, a senior police officer said it was time banning orders were introduced into rugby. You see, other sports don't get the same censure as football and the incident was quickly overlooked as "drunken exuberance". How can it be right that a law which was initially introduced during the miners strike, can be used to set such Draconian rules on football fans? Lifetime bans, not being allowed to travel anywhere with anyone on a match day, even if it is non football related. Confiscation of passports and other civil liberties abused, and people are saying it's "the law". Well as someone more famous than me said "the law is a behind".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 105
rancido
April 14, 2018, 11:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Quoted from Bigdog

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making a correct balanced decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account. A warning would have sufficed.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then? Or was that the right kind of pitch invasion (still against those rules) with the right profile of supporter involved?

But surely that would be up to Braintree to implement any action on the offenders. GTFC can only apply this FA law at BP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from rancido

But surely that would be up to Braintree to implement any action on the offenders. GTFC can only apply this FA law at BP.

It's in criminal law, so one has to ask why some clubs fans get bans and some don't. Is a GTFC fan running on the pitch more of an offence than a Harrogate Town fan running on the pitch? I suspect there are more banning orders at some clubs than others because some clubs pursue it more vigourously, GTFC seemingly being one of those clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Answer me this then.

It's against the rules to go on after the game too. Ban everyone who went on after the game at Braintree? Yes or no?

Yes, it is against the rules, and just like virtually every last home game of the season when there's an invasion it is against the rules. Should they be banned? Not for me to decide, but the club seems to think not.  

Going on the pitch after a goal is not acceptable, and a deterrent was needed, but a lifetime ban is not appropriate.

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 105
grimsby pete
April 14, 2018, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
A certain non chairman has been on the pitch many times including Wembley,

He also broke a young fans flag he should be banned,

Come to think of it there is a few players that should be banned from entering the pitch in the future.

He just can not help himself can he?  even when he goes silent on us he comes out with this.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 105
barrattstandman
April 14, 2018, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Forget all the arguing about blame or whatever you are NOT allowed on the pitch . Every ground must have these notices in place . End of
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from grimsby pete

Come to think of it there is a few players that should be banned from entering the pitch in the future.

He just can not help himself can he?  even when he goes silent on us he comes out with this.

Yes, but he is an upstanding citizen and pillar of the community- even wears a suit and tie to games, so the law doesn't apply to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

It's in criminal law, so one has to ask why some clubs fans get bans and some don't. Is a GTFC fan running on the pitch more of an offence than a Harrogate Town fan running on the pitch? I suspect there are more banning orders at some clubs than others because some clubs pursue it more vigourously, GTFC seemingly being one of those clubs?

Ginny, not one poster has condoned running on the pitch but instead have questioned the club's draconian actions. On top of that, there seems to be double standards when applying the rules. It's just part of the club's DNA to come down really hard on its own supporters for every little thing yet set lax standards for themselves. Bragate, vile, bullies, SLO tweeting the c word, Port Vale gate etc etc etc

I love my team in black and white stripes but starting to really hate my club, turning into quite the horrid unlovable set up..

We're developing into a naff parody of a football club that's becoming less and less appealing as the years go by..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 105
mariner91
April 14, 2018, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Bigdog

It was nowhere near two thirds on the pitch at any point at Braintree.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 105
Cod Cheeks
April 14, 2018, 11:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Am I missing something here but surely the answer is Stay off the pitch and don't risk getting banned?
Simply stick to the terms of agreement  when buying a ticket.

Old fashioned I know  but there you go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Remember Karen Stevens? Racially abused players and got a 3 year ban only. Every single week i hear illegal racist chants and comments at games. Do they get a life time ban? Do they even get removed from the stands? Standing in seated areas is far more dangerous than running on the pitch, but is tolerated every week. Last week, when the penalty was awarded, loads of fans rushed to the front of the Upper, clearly standing in an area which is marked "no standing" as it is a clearway for fans. Are all those people to receive bans? Were you one of those people blocking my view? People are allowed to smoke in the ground at half time, despite a smoking ban in public places. Infringements and infractions occur every week at every game. Let's just cherry pick the ones that might get us a slapped wrist and a fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 105
TAGG
April 14, 2018, 12:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121
Massive overreaction.
First the bars now this.
Team Fenty must really hate the fans.
male masturbators

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 105
psgmariner
April 14, 2018, 12:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Not sure about this outrage. There’s big signs saying don’t do it and what the punishment is if you do.

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 105
arryarryarry
April 14, 2018, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barrattstandman
Forget all the arguing about blame or whatever you are NOT allowed on the pitch . Every ground must have these notices in place . End of

I'm not condoning running on the pitch, but John Fenty went on the pitch after we stayed up at Bournemouth to celebrate with the fans, was he ever banned?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 105
rancido
April 14, 2018, 12:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Quoted from grimsby pete

It's that non-chairman again! The sooner we are shut of him the better.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 105
lew chaterleys lover
April 14, 2018, 12:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Bigdog

I think this is the first time I have fundamentally disagreed with a post of yours!

It is essential the spectators keep off the pitch. Everybody knows it is an offence to enter the field of play, no matter how joyous or otherwise the crowd are.

You say there was no intimidating behaviour but their keeper was being goaded and had hand gestures given right in front of him - what happens if he retaliates, and other players get involved? What happens if a late penalty goes against us and the crowd run on the pitch when they are frustrated?

This is not the first time we have had fans run on the pitch, and despite it being an offence it makes us look tinpot, in my opinion. Stay behind the barriers and enjoy celebrations with the rest of us would be my suggestion to anyone thinking about it. Why risk a banning order?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 105
moosey_club
April 14, 2018, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
just for clarity as i have not seen one of the letters...

who signed them off ?  Nick Dale, JF , The SLO ?

Also presuming the supporters on the pitch were just escorted back into the stands how on earth have they received the letters ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 12:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
just for clarity as i have not seen one of the letters...

who signed them off ?  Nick Dale, JF , The SLO ?

Also presuming the supporters on the pitch were just escorted back into the stands how on earth have they received the letters ?  

It's signed "By order of the club, in conjunction with Humberside Police"

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 105
grimps
April 14, 2018, 1:01pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
I’d like to know how the club has found the names and adresses of all those suspected of running on the pitch ?
One can presume that the local police have shared this information with them which I would guess isn’t legal or at least isn’t standard practice for any other suspected criminals that are in our community.
I doubt the police would share information or hand out  names and addresses of Peado’s , terrorists or any other crime suspects but they have no issue with sharing the information of someone suspected of running onto a piece of grass.
As ever it goes to show the contempt  the police still hold football fans in and I recieved a letter is seriously consider taking legal action against them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 105
Gaffer58
April 14, 2018, 3:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
It would have been nice if the club had announced that they we're going to take serious action with anyone who entered the pitch, this would gave placated the league powers that be, then they could just have not bothered doing owt, everyone would have been happy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 105
Ipswin
April 14, 2018, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Don't suppose there is any chance the idiot who made this video could get a ban is there? Shame

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 105
Ipswin
April 14, 2018, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

Answer me this then.

It's against the rules to go on after the game too. Should the authorities ban everyone who went on after the game at Braintree? Yes or no?

Yes because Fenty was one of them! Ran on from the main stand like a daft kid

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Was told today that it's the ones from the Port Vale game that are facing bans, not the Chesterfield game. Is that correct?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 105
Jaws
April 14, 2018, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
People literally climbed over a sign saying that pitch encroachment is a criminal offence and they could be prosecuted with up to a £1000 fine.

People know the risks, they take the chance... don't cry when it goes mammaries up.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 105
GrimRob
April 15, 2018, 11:13am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from Jaws
People literally climbed over a sign saying that pitch encroachment is a criminal offence and they could be prosecuted with up to a £1000 fine.

People know the risks, they take the chance... don't cry when it goes mammaries up.

So why not fine them if that's what it says?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 12:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
I really don't understand the logic in placing banning orders,of which the majority were young supporters.In my opinion they need educating on the matter of pitch invasion and the dangers it can cause.After all us fans have had to endure this season.Its the least the club could do.Bur will they show any compassion to the fans with these banning orders,I really don't think so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 12:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
So...how many actual banning orders have been issued. I've heard of one, which if the impeccable source is to be believed that was for trouble in the Main stand where children were frightened enough to have to leave at half time..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 12:51pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Stop whining you breaks the law you pays the price, just because other incidents have not seemed to be punished to the same degree matters not a jot, I and thousands of others stayed in the stands while the end result of these "look at me wanabees" could be loss of points and relegation

For the umpteenth time, no one is condoning running on the pitch (well apart from the club SLO and Mr Fenty at Bournemouth). I think does matter a lot. If the law isn't applied to all then it leads to contempt of the law and undermines authority. Try it with your own children and see where you get.

And by the way don't you think violence is a much worse transgression than over-exhuberent celebration?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 12:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from OneLove

You really don't help the case do you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 105
OneLove
April 15, 2018, 1:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
its pathetic really, I was speaking to a few yesterday who have bans for literally nothing, one lad received a letter saying he encroached the pitch when was in the main stand absolute made up none sense. They are taking a little matter into a big matter, it was a tiny pitch invasion wit woo no harm was done it was full of enjoyment but thats something we are subjected from doing at football now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 105
realist
April 15, 2018, 3:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Reading your posts I can understand why some fans are treated so. You really don't help yourself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 15, 2018, 4:10pm
Beer Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 105
arryarryarry
April 15, 2018, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
In yesterday's programme in the montage of pictures from the Chesterfield game it showed a picture of the fans mobbing the players on the pitch after the penalty so they can't be that bothered about it.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:18pm
Coke Drinker
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news.But letters have gone out banning supporters from the Chesterfield game,as previously stated earlier on in the post.Letters are dated 12 th April.Banning them from watching grimsby town home and away and all club events.I personally think it's too excessive.But rules are rules
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 6:24pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Bigdog

If true and someone has decided to hand them out, they must have a heart of stone after what those fans have been thro4ugh this season..

So from an original post that has a caveat of "If true" we have an eight page thread based on no evidence that has it as gospel that banning orders for Chesterfield pitch encroachment have been issued. Personally I find it highly unlikely that the SLO would've tweeted what he did and the club would have used some stills of events if there was any danger at all of it going pear-shaped. Looks very much like there is nothing to see here to me...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 6:27pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tell the truth
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news.But letters have gone out banning supporters from the Chesterfield game,as previously stated earlier on in the post.Letters are dated 12 th April.Banning them from watching grimsby town home and away and all club events.I personally think it's too excessive.But rules are rules

Have you seen one or dare I ask had one?  Lisa Piggott on FB and now Lee Blease on twitter are saying the opposite..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 105
TAGG
April 15, 2018, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Remember Karen Stevens? Racially abused players and got a 3 year ban only. Every single week i hear illegal racist chants and comments at games. Do they get a life time ban? Do they even get removed from the stands? Standing in seated areas is far more dangerous than running on the pitch, but is tolerated every week. Last week, when the penalty was awarded, loads of fans rushed to the front of the Upper, clearly standing in an area which is marked "no standing" as it is a clearway for fans. Are all those people to receive bans? Were you one of those people blocking my view? People are allowed to smoke in the ground at half time, despite a smoking ban in public places. Infringements and infractions occur every week at every game. Let's just cherry pick the ones that might get us a slapped wrist and a fine.

What stand do you watch from??
I’m in the lower and not heard anything remotely like a racist comment/chant for donkeys years.
Fenty and his minions have made our club very toxic for us fans.
Bunch of Wankes.
They don’t give a excrement about the fans.
Bunch of male masturbators.
The sooner they all intercourse off the better.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:30pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from barralad

So from an original post that has a caveat of "If true" we have an eight page thread based on no evidence that has it as gospel that banning orders for Chesterfield pitch encroachment have been issued. Personally I find it highly unlikely that the SLO would've tweeted what he did and the club would have used some stills of events if there was any danger at all of it going pear-shaped. Looks very much like there is nothing to see here to me...

The evidence is on Grimsby praise and grumble and it clearly states the chesterfield game barralad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 105
Grantham_Mariner
April 15, 2018, 6:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
You get caught speeding for the first time they send you on an awareness course.

Surly this is the answer especially for the younger fans.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 105
MarinerWY
April 15, 2018, 6:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,946
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from TAGG

What stand do you watch from??
I’m in the lower and not heard anything remotely like a racist comment/chant for donkeys years.
Fenty and his minions have made our club very toxic for us fans.
Bunch of Wankes.
They don’t give a excrement about the fans.
Bunch of male masturbators.
The sooner they all intercourse off the better.

I sat in the Upper for the Chesterfield game. I heard one absolute knuckle dragger shout racist abuse (he lowered his voice for the racist part of his outburst aimed at Hooper) and plenty of homophobic abuse. I have over recent years heard sporadic racist abuse said by a small amount of individuals. And chants glorifying rape to boot.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:46pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
You get caught speeding for the first time they send you on an awareness course.

Surly this is the answer especially for the younger fans.

I agree educate them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 7:15pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tell the truth

The evidence is on Grimsby praise and grumble and it clearly states the chesterfield game barralad

I'm aware of that but nowhere that I can see does it say it was for pitch encroachment. If whoever got that letter was involved in the stuff in the Main Stand which frightened children then I have little sympathy..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 105
TAGG
April 15, 2018, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

I sat in the Upper for the Chesterfield game. I heard one absolute knuckle dragger shout racist abuse (he lowered his voice for the racist part of his outburst aimed at Hooper) and plenty of homophobic abuse. I have over recent years heard sporadic racist abuse said by a small amount of individuals. And chants glorifying rape to boot.

That's a shame.
They need booting out the door and not let back.

GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 105
BraStrap
April 15, 2018, 10:39pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +81
Gold Stars: 1
Can someone not put one of these letters on here so we can all see for ourselves?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 105
1mickylyons
April 16, 2018, 10:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from grimsby pete

Had Fenty not have broken the flag and stopped the little sh1t flying it his father would have been assaulted and that`s a fact.Missiles were also being thrown towards the flag he stopped trouble and he had also previously gone to the lad and his parents and asked them to put the flag down.The father was a clever tw@t and started waving it a second time then passed it to his lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 105
Simariner
April 16, 2018, 11:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from TAGG

That's a shame.
They need booting out the door and not let back.

Shame they condone actions of racism as a 'convicted racist' sill attends GTFC matches...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 105
1mickylyons
April 16, 2018, 11:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Simariner

Shame they condone actions of racism as a 'convicted racist' sill attends GTFC matches...

People make mistakes in terms of words and actions this especially seems to occur at football matches wouldn`t you agree?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 105
jonnyboy82
April 16, 2018, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
I jumped on the grass also and invite the club to ban me from blundell park and do me a favour .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 105
Tell the truth
April 16, 2018, 12:19pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Simariner

Why can't they leave Miss Stevens alone .She served her ban.
Anyway what about what happened to the totos racial abuser at Halifax a few seasons back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 105
Jarmo.Is.God
April 16, 2018, 12:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I am just catching up on this, and only read the first 2 pages.

But these people who celebrated a massive goal in this clubs history are being banned, and not only that, but banned for LIFE?????

Yet the 'Fan' who racially abused a footballer was back in 3? years later???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 105
ginnywings
April 16, 2018, 12:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
If i remember rightly, Miss Stevens wasn't punished by the club at all, after a meeting between aggrieved parties. Think it was the courts who imposed the ban. I will leave you to decide which is the most heinous offence.

If the banning orders are related to the Port Vale incident or the trouble in the Main Stand during the Chesterfield game, then fair enough, no sympathy. If they are aimed at the Chesterfield ones who got a bit over-excited at the late winning penalty, then i think it's a different story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 105
realist
April 16, 2018, 12:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Still not seen any evidence of an order being issued or what for. 9 pages of speculation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 105
Tell the truth
April 16, 2018, 3:29pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from realist
Still not seen any evidence of an order being issued or what for. 9 pages of speculation

There is one floating around grimsby praise and grumble on Facebook.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 105
GrimRob
April 16, 2018, 4:27pm

Mitch Rose ripped off his shirt which is also against the rules, why did he not receive a life ban from Blundell Park?

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 91 - 105
arryarryarry
April 16, 2018, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Mitch Rose ripped off his shirt which is also against the rules, why did he not receive a life ban from Blundell Park?

Any chance they could give life bans to some other players for entering the field of play.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 16, 2018, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Link to Facebook photo, which is in a closed group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.....mp;theater&ifg=1
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 105
barralad
April 16, 2018, 8:43pm
Mariners Trust
Link to Facebook photo, which is in a closed group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.....mp;theater&ifg=1

This is the one I've seen. There is no mention of pitch encroachment so given that there was trouble in the Main Stand and people who work for the club have said that the banning orders are not to do with pitch encroachment is it not reasonable to assume they are related to that trouble?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 16, 2018, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Maybe it's like potentially unpopular government policies that get leaked to test the water. You could call this thread 'consultation'.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 105
lukeo
April 17, 2018, 7:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
No one who went on the pitch got banned. Close the thread. End of debate. Let's move on. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 105
ginnywings
April 17, 2018, 3:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Codalmighty article on the issue makes for some interesting reading. The only thing that has not been made clear yet, is whether these banning orders relate to the crowd entering the pitch after the penalty, or the fighting in the main stand. As i have said before, if it is for the latter, then fair enough, but if it is for the former, then it's quite despicable in my humble opinion. Wish someone could clear this up definitively.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6701
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 105
Gaffer58
April 17, 2018, 3:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Just be patient, our SLO will explain what's happening any minute now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 105
jock dock tower
April 17, 2018, 4:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just be patient, our SLO will explain what's happening any minute now.

Can I sell you some magic beans please?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 105
Bigdog
April 17, 2018, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
What I find really disturbing is that the ban is permanent. How draconian is that? I don't condone the actions of the supporters at all, but please.. life? A lad gets into fisticuffs at a game say in his teens or early twenties and he's banned for life! I find that incredible. Paedophiles and rapists get more chances than that. No chance of the culprits going through a three or five year period of reflection and self-rehabilitation then? We all know that we mature and change (usually) for the better as we get older and learn from our mistakes. Imagine.. a young kid in the year 2052 asks his kind old grandad to take him to the Town match. "Sorry grandson, can't take you, had a fight against Port Vale because they were storming the home end in 2018 and the club banned me for life."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 105
GrimRob
April 17, 2018, 9:06pm

Quoted from Bigdog
What I find really disturbing is that the ban is permanent. How draconian is that? I don't condone the actions of the supporters at all, but please.. life? A lad gets into fisticuffs at a game say in his teens or early twenties and he's banned for life! I find that incredible. Paedophiles and rapists get more chances than that. No chance of the culprits going through a three or five year period of reflection and self-rehabilitation then? We all know that we mature and change (usually) for the better as we get older and learn from our mistakes. Imagine.. a young kid in the year 2052 asks his kind old grandad to take him to the Town match. "Sorry grandson, can't take you, had a fight against Port Vale because they were storming the home end in 2018 and the club banned me for life."

I assume the ban only applies at BP. When the new ground comes along there will be an amnesty  

Do you think anyone would even remember who is banned? It's not as though they have to report to a police station. If you pay in cash you are effectively anonymous. Until they install biometric turnstiles at BP a lifetime ban is unenforceable.,

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 101 - 105
arryarryarry
April 17, 2018, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Codalmighty article on the issue makes for some interesting reading. The only thing that has not been made clear yet, is whether these banning orders relate to the crowd entering the pitch after the penalty, or the fighting in the main stand. As i have said before, if it is for the latter, then fair enough, but if it is for the former, then it's quite despicable in my humble opinion. Wish someone could clear this up definitively.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6701

Reading that it sounds a load of balderdash to me.

Yes the club can ban anyone they like from BP but unless the bans are a result of a criminal conviction I don't see how they can ban them from away games.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 17, 2018, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Surely that letter's a clever spoof on Town's typical communications.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 105
Bigdog
April 18, 2018, 6:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Surely that letter's a clever spoof on Town's typical communications.

I hope you're right in thinking that KM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 105
realist
April 18, 2018, 7:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Why. If it was for fighting in a family area they deserve a lifetime ban.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 105
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.