11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 15, 2018, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
In yesterday's programme in the montage of pictures from the Chesterfield game it showed a picture of the fans mobbing the players on the pitch after the penalty so they can't be that bothered about it.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news.But letters have gone out banning supporters from the Chesterfield game,as previously stated earlier on in the post.Letters are dated 12 th April.Banning them from watching grimsby town home and away and all club events.I personally think it's too excessive.But rules are rules
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 6:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bigdog
Whispers that banning orders are being handed out to fans for going on the pitch after Mitch Rose's crucial penalty that sealed our first win in twenty one games. A bit of over-exuberance and massive outpouring of relief, no threatening behaviour, no-one got hurt and all in good humour.

If true and someone has decided to hand them out, they must have a heart of stone after what those fans have been thro4ugh this season..

So from an original post that has a caveat of "If true" we have an eight page thread based on no evidence that has it as gospel that banning orders for Chesterfield pitch encroachment have been issued. Personally I find it highly unlikely that the SLO would've tweeted what he did and the club would have used some stills of events if there was any danger at all of it going pear-shaped. Looks very much like there is nothing to see here to me...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 6:27pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tell the truth
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news.But letters have gone out banning supporters from the Chesterfield game,as previously stated earlier on in the post.Letters are dated 12 th April.Banning them from watching grimsby town home and away and all club events.I personally think it's too excessive.But rules are rules

Have you seen one or dare I ask had one?  Lisa Piggott on FB and now Lee Blease on twitter are saying the opposite..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 105
TAGG
April 15, 2018, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Quoted from ginnywings
Remember Karen Stevens? Racially abused players and got a 3 year ban only. Every single week i hear illegal racist chants and comments at games. Do they get a life time ban? Do they even get removed from the stands? Standing in seated areas is far more dangerous than running on the pitch, but is tolerated every week. Last week, when the penalty was awarded, loads of fans rushed to the front of the Upper, clearly standing in an area which is marked "no standing" as it is a clearway for fans. Are all those people to receive bans? Were you one of those people blocking my view? People are allowed to smoke in the ground at half time, despite a smoking ban in public places. Infringements and infractions occur every week at every game. Let's just cherry pick the ones that might get us a slapped wrist and a fine.

What stand do you watch from??
I’m in the lower and not heard anything remotely like a racist comment/chant for donkeys years.
Fenty and his minions have made our club very toxic for us fans.
Bunch of Wankes.
They don’t give a excrement about the fans.
Bunch of male masturbators.
The sooner they all intercourse off the better.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:30pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from barralad

So from an original post that has a caveat of "If true" we have an eight page thread based on no evidence that has it as gospel that banning orders for Chesterfield pitch encroachment have been issued. Personally I find it highly unlikely that the SLO would've tweeted what he did and the club would have used some stills of events if there was any danger at all of it going pear-shaped. Looks very much like there is nothing to see here to me...

The evidence is on Grimsby praise and grumble and it clearly states the chesterfield game barralad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 105
Grantham_Mariner
April 15, 2018, 6:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
You get caught speeding for the first time they send you on an awareness course.

Surly this is the answer especially for the younger fans.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 105
MarinerWY
April 15, 2018, 6:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from TAGG

What stand do you watch from??
I’m in the lower and not heard anything remotely like a racist comment/chant for donkeys years.
Fenty and his minions have made our club very toxic for us fans.
Bunch of Wankes.
They don’t give a excrement about the fans.
Bunch of male masturbators.
The sooner they all intercourse off the better.

I sat in the Upper for the Chesterfield game. I heard one absolute knuckle dragger shout racist abuse (he lowered his voice for the racist part of his outburst aimed at Hooper) and plenty of homophobic abuse. I have over recent years heard sporadic racist abuse said by a small amount of individuals. And chants glorifying rape to boot.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 6:46pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
You get caught speeding for the first time they send you on an awareness course.

Surly this is the answer especially for the younger fans.

I agree educate them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 7:15pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Tell the truth

The evidence is on Grimsby praise and grumble and it clearly states the chesterfield game barralad

I'm aware of that but nowhere that I can see does it say it was for pitch encroachment. If whoever got that letter was involved in the stuff in the Main Stand which frightened children then I have little sympathy..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.