11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Was told today that it's the ones from the Port Vale game that are facing bans, not the Chesterfield game. Is that correct?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 105
Jaws
April 14, 2018, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
People literally climbed over a sign saying that pitch encroachment is a criminal offence and they could be prosecuted with up to a £1000 fine.

People know the risks, they take the chance... don't cry when it goes mammaries up.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 105
GrimRob
April 15, 2018, 11:13am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Jaws
People literally climbed over a sign saying that pitch encroachment is a criminal offence and they could be prosecuted with up to a £1000 fine.

People know the risks, they take the chance... don't cry when it goes mammaries up.

So why not fine them if that's what it says?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 105
Tell the truth
April 15, 2018, 12:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
I really don't understand the logic in placing banning orders,of which the majority were young supporters.In my opinion they need educating on the matter of pitch invasion and the dangers it can cause.After all us fans have had to endure this season.Its the least the club could do.Bur will they show any compassion to the fans with these banning orders,I really don't think so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 105
barralad
April 15, 2018, 12:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
So...how many actual banning orders have been issued. I've heard of one, which if the impeccable source is to be believed that was for trouble in the Main stand where children were frightened enough to have to leave at half time..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 12:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Stop whining you breaks the law you pays the price, just because other incidents have not seemed to be punished to the same degree matters not a jot, I and thousands of others stayed in the stands while the end result of these "look at me wanabees" could be loss of points and relegation

For the umpteenth time, no one is condoning running on the pitch (well apart from the club SLO and Mr Fenty at Bournemouth). I think does matter a lot. If the law isn't applied to all then it leads to contempt of the law and undermines authority. Try it with your own children and see where you get.

And by the way don't you think violence is a much worse transgression than over-exhuberent celebration?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 12:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from OneLove
From good source Nick Dales blaming Grimsby for the Vale incident, one guy got picked out and taken out the ground last saturday, unreal the guys been a town fan all his life. And if this is true about fans being banned for invading the pitch then we need to stand together and sort out this little hitter's problems. He's rejected me before from going in the main stand because its a family stand but yet wouldn't come face to face for a meet. Love a one on one with the sharp object

You really don't help the case do you?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 105
OneLove
April 15, 2018, 1:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
its pathetic really, I was speaking to a few yesterday who have bans for literally nothing, one lad received a letter saying he encroached the pitch when was in the main stand absolute made up none sense. They are taking a little matter into a big matter, it was a tiny pitch invasion wit woo no harm was done it was full of enjoyment but thats something we are subjected from doing at football now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 105
realist
April 15, 2018, 3:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Reading your posts I can understand why some fans are treated so. You really don't help yourself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 15, 2018, 4:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.